Thecuttle

Coinbase

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi,

I am new to crypto currencies and I opened my wallet with Coinbase. Unbeknown I could only buy not sell. Although I invested in Bitcoin, Ethereum and litecoin, I can’t sell if I wanted too.

Is there another platform/ wallet I can transfer to and have the ability to buy and sell.

Any help appreciated

latro

Re: Coinbase

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:02 am

http://www.coinspot.com.au

You have to jump through the standard AML/CTF stuff but at least you can sell.

The other option is https://localbitcoins.com/ Its a bit more complicated but it works.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:58 am

Another option is Coinjar, i have used them for a couple of years without any major problems. They do only support BTC though.

Any problems or questions and the support used to best great but that is no longer the case all the time, unfortunately the company has let their support slip and is hard to get a reply from sometimes.

As long as you just use it to buy/sell and to never store funds it should be ok
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:07 am

Another option is Coinjar, i have used them for a couple of years without any major problems. They do only support BTC though.

Any problems or questions and the support used to best great but that is no longer the case all the time, unfortunately the company has let their support slip and is hard to get a reply from sometimes.

As long as you just use it to buy/sell and to never store funds it should be ok

I've always traded on localbitcoins. Just checked out coinjar and their rates are pretty good. I'm literally doing a trade on localbitcoins right now @ $12693 AUD. Coinjar is $13000, which is a pretty big difference. Is there anything that I should be aware of before trading there?

Things like ID, trade times, and how long the money takes to show in your bank account?
theres a snake in my boot

CryptoBlackHat
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KgArSAMeFSgiVppCr4yCdqkNVaCieRAUX

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Coinjar is pretty fast, they use Poli which is the local banking system so normal inter-bank transfer times apply (unless you're using the same bank as them, in which case you can probably get the transfer within a day). Trades on Coinjar are instant, and last I checked verification was fast (on the order of hours). Not as fast as Coinbase, but still quite manageable.

The advantage of localbitcoins is that you can get the lowest prices. The advantage of sites like Coinspot and Coinjar (and Coinbase, for buying) is that they're predictable and there's less risk involved (since it's an automated system doing the trade, instead of a random human who you need to trust). Pick whichever option you're most comfortable with :-)

natskis

Donate BTC of your choice to 18sRDZHZ7j7LLKiiFAgWHKzPqZ3zMNNhJ4

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Use any of the sites on the list from bitcoin reviews:
http://www.bitcoinreviews.com.au/

That also has the best bang for buck in exchange at the time.

Poli/bpay/bank transfers can be slow for buying though.
Hardblock you can sometimes get a steal as they refresh their buy/sell spread once they've bought a new tranch of bitcoins.

Personally I like buying Bitcoin Cash and getting cheap transfer rates in and out of exchanges.
I've liked independent reserve the most. (this is the one that has a superannuation option as well)

Loki11
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1M5yFYMAZ2pKBq1rngvAVVTcx5s1xUX2DV

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:30 pm

There is a lot of possibilities to do this and there is a lot of platforms to do this. You can use localbitcoins, bittrex, poloniex,.... I always look for exchanges btc to usd on cryptolinks there are listed the most trusted and the best exchanges and also wallets that can do the work you want.

Return to “Australia”