medicine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1MHgUXFhZTt6md2JEeueJ1mXNEitzs7qnN

Meetup Power Rankings & Growth Stats (Updated Dec 19th)

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:10 am

Hey guys,

I write up this summary every month and post it on various forums. I hope you find it interesting. Next month I will try to add some more advanced stats.

As the number of groups increases on this list the data becomes more interesting and the rankings more competitive. We added 3 groups this month, and for the first time 2 of them are not from the Meetup site. First, the Shire (Manchester, New Hampshire) group which claims to be the oldest meetup in USA. Second, Free State Bitcoin Consortium, and third Bitcoin Meetup Switzerland which makes its debut at #5 in the rankings. Welcome to the monthly rankings. If you are part of, or know another group that should be on this list please let me know in the comments.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet on Google docs: (the filtered tab is probably the easiest to view, set the date at the top and sort by growth % Z→A for best view) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Always interesting to see which meetups rank the highest each month, we have Bitcoin London (the smaller of the 2 London meetups) taking the #1 spot for the first time with 36 new members and just over 7% growth, well done. The always high ranking Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam moved up 4 spots to #2 with 60 new members and 6.2% growth. Taking spot #3 was Barcelona Bitcoin Community, 36 new members for 5.5% growth. They moved up 7 spots from #10 last month to #3 this month. Again this group is always growing quickly.

This month saw the San Francisco Bitcoin Meetup pass the London Bitcoin Meetup to become the second largest meetup group on our list at 2,516 members. The largest absolute number of new members added was Israel Bitcoin Meetup (#10) with 67 new members, great job.

Notably 4 different meetups; Stanford Bitcoin Meetup, Israel - btc entrepreneurs, Bitcoin Budapest, and Bitcoin of South Florida saw their memberships shrink by 2 members each this past month. What happened there guys?

Big moves up included Israel Bitcoin Meetup gaining 11 spots 21st → 9th, Barcelona Bitcoin Community moving up 7 spots 10th → 3rd and Bitcoin Stockholm up 8 spots 25th → 17th. Keep it up.

The losers this month include the 4 groups mentioned above plus Silicon Valley dropping 10 spots 11th → 21st, Bitcoin San Fran 16th → 23rd and Bitcoin Munich which had debuted at #1 last month falling to #11 this month.

If you would like your meetup added to the list just ask. Good luck to all you meetup organizers this month. If you have any big events coming up post them below. I also post this to /r/bitcoin

Based on growth percentage this month, here are the Power Rankings top 10 meetups

Rank (last month's rank)

1 (3) Bitcoin London
2 (6) Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam
3 (10) Barcelona Bitcoin Community
4 (5) Seoul Bitcoin Meetup
5 (n/a) Bitcoin Meetup Switzerland
6 (4) Bitcoin Start-ups Berlin
7 (8 ) Paris Bitcoin Meetup
8 (2) Bombay Bitcoin
9 (21) Israel bitcoin Meetup
10 (n/a) Bitcoin New Hampshire

Please comment below if you are a member of any of these meetups
Last edited by medicine on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Re: Meetup Power Rankings & Growth Stats (Updated Sept 19th)

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks for posting this interesting information!

I hope you can include the Tokyo Bitcoin meetup group.
http://www.meetup.com/Tokyo-Bitcoin-Meetup-Group/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/331016600320849/

I think we are likely the most active meetup in the world.
We hold meetings every single Thursday and at least several dozen people show up each time.
Often times we have 40 or 50 people in attendance. (Not that many people bother to register in advance)

Thanks so much for getting involved!
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

medicine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Meetup Power Rankings & Growth Stats (Updated Sept 19th)

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 pm

The Tokyo Bitcoin Meetup will be included in the next update 7 days from now.

medicine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Meetup Power Rankings & Growth Stats (Updated Oct 19th)

Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:44 am

Meetup Growth Summary October 2015

Power Ranking for Sept 20th – Oct 19th 2015

32 groups on the list now with 3 of them on websites other than meetup.com. This month we welcome the Tokyo Bitcoin group and also the Digital Currencies Dubai Bitcoin group. The Dubai bitcoin group comes in a #4 on the power rankings in their first month with 27 new members and 4.89% growth. This month average monthly growth has been added to the spreadsheet so you can see which groups have grown the fastest overall during 2015.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet on Google docs: (the filtered tab is probably the easiest to view, set the date at the top and sort by growth % Z→A for best view)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

This month the Barcelona Bitcoin Community takes top spot growing by 64 members and 9.37%. They won by quite a large margin as well. Bitcoin Amsterdam Wednesday held second spot from last month adding 72 new members for 7% growth. And in 3rd spot another group familiar with the top 10 Paris Bitcoin Meetup with 5% growth and 50 new members. Good results for the top 3.

This month also saw Bitcoin Meetup Switzerland pass the 1000 members mark. Congratulations.

Notable moves up the rankings include Bitcoin Munich up from 11th to 5th, and Bitcoin South Florida bouncing back from 29th to 18th. Also Bitcoin HK made a return to 9th after 3 months out of the top 10.

The losers this month include my hometown Seoul Bitcoin meetup falling out of the top 10 for the first time this year from 4th to 12th, Bombay Bitcoin dropping from 8th to 19th, Israel Bitcoin meetup tumbling from 9th to 23rd, Bitcoin New Hampshire 10th to 26th and NY Bitcoin Community 22nd to 32nd, ouch.

This month again saw 4 meetups lose members; they include NY Bitcoin Community, The Stanford Bitcoin Meetup (for the 3rd month in a row. Seems like they need a new leader), Israel – BTC entrepreneurs (is this meetup dead?), and Bitcoin Budapest. Anyone know what’s happening with these groups?

If you would like your meetup added to the list just ask. Good luck to all you meetup organizers this month. If you have any big events coming up post them below. I also post this to /r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.

Based on growth percentage this month, here are the Power Rankings top 10 meetups

Rank (last month's rank)

1 (3) Barcelona Bitcoin Community
2 (2) Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam
3 (7) Paris Bitcoin Meetup
4 (n/a) Bitcoin Dubai (Digital Currencies Dubai)
5 (11) Bitcoin Munich
6 (6) Bitcoin Start-ups Berlin
7 (5) Bitcoin Meetup Switzerland
8 (1) Bitcoin London
9 (13) Bitcoin HK
10 (14) Bitcoin Center 40 Broad Street NYC

medicine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Meetup Power Rankings & Growth Stats (Updated Oct 19th)

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Here is ours in Hartford, CT. We want to be added please. http://bitcoin.meetup.com/cities/us/ct/hartford/

Also our FB page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1461194590769930/
Cool, I will add you too the list this month. I will probably come up with a minimum number of members to be eligible for the 10 ten rankings. At that size the percentages will be quite high I suspect.
You will be on the list though.
Peace

medicine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Meetup Power Rankings & Growth Stats (Updated Nov 19th)

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:06 am

Meetup Growth Summary November 2015

Power Ranking for Oct 20th – Nov 19th 2015

I try to add something new to the document every month. This month I reviewed some of the meetups meeting frequencies and discovered the meetups that aren’t growing actually aren’t active. So if a meetup group hasn't been active for more than 6 months they have been removed from this month’s stats. 4 meetups met this fate. The good news is there are 8 new groups on the list for a total of 41 groups!

Here is the link to the spreadsheet on Google docs: (the filtered tab is probably the easiest to view, set the date at the top and sort by growth % Z→A for best view)

This month one of the new additions to the list, the Bangalore India Bitcoin Meetup, took top stop with an impressive 118 new members and 13.77% growth. This is the second highest number of new members in a 1 month period, the record is shared at 119 between BitcoinNYC in February and San Francisco Bitcoin Meetup in July. 13.77% is also third in terms of percentage growth in a month behind Paris Bitcoin Meetup 15.94% in July, and Seoul Bitcoin Meetup 14.83% in February. This month European meetups did especially well Paris Bitcoin Meetup taking second 8.85% growth and 93 new members and Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam in third 7.53% and 83 new members. Those two meetups actually switch positions from last month. 4th place is also worth mentioning Bitcoin Munich was 6.99% growth and 23 new members.

A lot of meetups coming up to big membership milestones next month I think.

As always there were some big moves up the rankings and big moves down. Because of all the new groups coming in around the middle spots not many meetups jumped up the ranks. On the winning side Israel Bitcoin Meetup bounced back from 23rd spot up to 11th, and Bitcoin San Fran making a small move from 25th to 20th.

The losers this month are also distorted by all the new groups entering the rankings so I can’t really say too many bad things about them, however I have to say that Barcelona Bitcoin meetup fell from number 1 spot last month all the way to 25th spot this month. The held zero, 0, events in the last month and I think this is a major factor in growth. Holding no events slows growth considerably. Losers get off easy this month.

If you would like your meetup added to the list just ask. Good luck to all you meetup organizers this month. If you have any big events coming up post them below. I also post this to /r/bitcoin and the new Bitcoin forum on Bitcoin.com

Rank (last month's rank)

1 (n/a) Bangalore India Bitcoin Meetup
2 (3) Paris Bitcoin Meetup
3 (2) Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam
4 (4) Bitcoin Munich
5 (6) Bitcoin Start-ups Berlin
6 (8) Bitcoin London
7 (4) Bitcoin Dubai (Digital Currencies
8 (10) Bitcoin Center 40 Broad Street NY
9 (n/a) Bangkok Satoshi Square (Bitcoin)
10 (12) Seoul Bitcoin Meetup

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Thanks for keeping track of all these interesting statistics!
topic7039.html

VikramNikkam

Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks to rogerver & medicine for the recognition of my meetup in Bangalore, India. http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Technology-Lovers/
Our meetup "In Crypto We Trust - bITCOIN" is a Vibrant Global Bitcoin meetup from Bangalore India. It caters to the entire spectrum from bitcoin lovers, followers & biggeners to seasoned developers who are looking into both Blockchain & bitcoin. India just crossed USA in number of internet users. Going to show that the country is ready for new online technology to be explored and mastered. Going by the past: Gold is considered to be a must have precious metal/commodity which means the understanding of gold as the only asset who's value has been consistent compared to any other commodity in the world. Going by that statistic, I believe Bitcoin will be a hit in India for varied monetary services and technology applications. Our meetup plays a very important role in building confidence in entrepreneurs/enthusiasts of bitcoin about the inevitable future of a decentralized currency where the underline trust system aka "Crypto" makes everything possible. We meetup regularly online and in person to interact and answer questions about the whole existence of Bitcoin which gives me an immense joy and satisfaction as in today's world knowledge is everything and we are sharing that knowledge backed with my experience of bitcoin journey from 2009 to date - Building Bitcoin exchange platforms (Unocoin/Btcxindia etc), collaborations with companies like BTCjam to mobilise bitcoin loans, Global Bitcoin Conferences and regular meetups since march 2013.
Vikram Nikkam
Bitcoin Technology Speculator

medicine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:33 am

Hey Vikram, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I first saw how well your meetup has been doing recently. Thanks for commenting here on the forum. Any tips for fellow meetup organizers? How was this new interest in your meetup generated the past few months?

VikramNikkam

Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi Medicine,
Thanks a lot for your in-depth work on these findings. It was a pleasant surprise for me too, as compared to so many cities around the world having bitcoin followers. Bangalore has come out with the highest interest for this period. There could be a few reasons for this , one being the price surge may have got many going. How ever If you see the global giant banks moving towards blockchain gives Bangaloreans something to re model and improvise as we have many of these banks operating here. Bangalore being the second highest Information Technology related population only after California gives an amazing culture for startups. Check out the link - http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/07/29 ... 93924.html
The tips I'd like to give to other meetups is that you have to be knowledgeable about developments in Bitcoin/bitcoin/blockchain/crypto and also know a bit about your economic/monetary surroundings. With this you will be able to link the two to build confidence in the masses that bitcoin/blockchain can better these dilapidated,sluggish, costly and obsolete methods that we currently use. Like Internet 2.0, Blockchain is the upgrade on the current system with an ability of free & transparent trust platform to boost growth/economy (for example, having a full proof cost effective voting system, clear bidding & tracking for any major development projects, etc)
Vikram Nikkam

medicine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Meetup Power Rankings & Growth Stats (Updated Dec 19th)

Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:18 am

Meetup Growth Summary December 2015

Power Ranking for Nov 20th – Dec 19th 2015

I’m a day late posting this month sorry. There are 11 months of data to summarize now so next month will be the end of the first year. Every month adds more clarity and shows us which meetups are doing the best work and attracting new members. We can’t say anything about the quality of events they hold, but maybe next year I will look at attendance at all the meetup events as well.

There are 41 groups on the list however 4 have been removed for inactivity. This month saw mainly the regular top meetups grow quickly again and a couple surprises as well. Bangalore India Bitcoin Meetup held top spot from last month adding 85 new members for 8.72% growth, this was after adding 118 members last month. Bitcoin New Hampshire was 2nd with 7.25% growth and Seoul Bitcoin Meetup came in 3rd with 6.20% growth thanks in part to the Inside Bitcoin Conference held in Seoul earlier this month.
Mentions go out to Israel Bitcoin Meetup for passing 2000 members this month andBangalore India Bitcoin Meetup for passing 1000 members.

The largest move up the rankings was by one of the smallest group,Bitcoin New Hampshire, going all the way from 35th to 2nd. As a side note, I am only going to be adding groups to the list who have more than 300 members from now on. Another big move up was from Bitcoin Hong Kong recovering from last months 29th place finish to end up 9th this month. Nice work. Other improvements came from Free State Bitcoin Consortium 31st up to 8th, Bitcoin Meetup Switzerland up to 7th spot from 17th last month. Barcelona Bitcoin Community came storming back, up from 25th to 6th place and finally Seoul Bitcoin Meetup moving up from 10th into 3rd spot.

A lot of moves up also means a lot of fails for others, Bitcoin London fell out of the top 10 from 6th to 16th, and Bitcoin Stockholm fell to dead last with no new members last month. Bitcoin Munich also fell from 4th spot all the way to 25th. Other groups to drop lower were Portland, Argentina and Austin Texas.

If you would like your meetup added to the list just ask. Good luck to all you meetup organizers this month. If you have any big events coming up post them below. I also post this to /r/bitcoin and the Bitcointalk.

Rank (last month's rank)

1 (1) Bangalore India Bitcoin Meetup
2 (35) Bitcoin New Hampshire
3 (10) Seoul Bitcoin Meetup
4 (2) Paris Bitcoin Meetup
5 (3) Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam
6 (25) Barcelona Bitcoin Community
7 (17) Bitcoin Meetup Switzerland
8 (31) Free State Bitcoin Consortium
9 (29) Bitcoin HK
10 (7) Bitcoin Dubai

VikramNikkam

Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:38 am

Hello Medicine,

Thank you for the last message which helps put the bitcoin meetup growth across the world into perspective. The Bangalore India Bitcoin Meetup (In Crypto We Trust - bITCOIN) http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Technology-Lovers/ which is currently receiving a great response and reaction to presentations and open discussion sessions. This helps a larger number of people connect with me to discuss the future potential of the bitcoin/blockchain technology and voice their opinions on the same. I recently did an educational presentation and discussion for the Business and Management students of XLRI http://www.xlri.ac.in/ (one among the top business schools) which was also a great success. Just happy to know that hard work is paying off :)
Last edited by VikramNikkam on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vikram Nikkam

jabravo

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi, please include Valencia Bitcoin Meetup (169 members)

http://www.meetup.com/es/ValenciaBitcoin/

medicine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Hi, please include Valencia Bitcoin Meetup (169 members)

http://www.meetup.com/es/ValenciaBitcoin/
Ok, I am getting requests like this from smaller groups so I am going to include your group next month, but to be ranked in the top 10 the group should have a minimum of 300 members.

You'll be on the list next month which will be the 1 year mark!
Peace

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Fri May 13, 2016 6:05 am

No more updates for this?
topic7039.html

Bitcoin Indonesia

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:37 am

I will probably come up with a minimum number of members to be eligible for the 10 ten rankings. At that size the percentages will be quite high I suspect.
You will be on the list though.
Peace
Lebih banyak akan ditambahkan situs jual beli bitcoin indonesia bitcoin gratis dengan program afiliasi Bitcoin yang sah dan berbayar. daftar bitcoin

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:51 am

Any meetups still in plans?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Any meetups still in plans?
There will be if you plan one.
If you are interested, please set one up!
topic7039.html

bluke
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:58 am

hi everyone!

the biggest crypro currency forum BLOCKCHAIN LIFE will be at 7 november. 80+ speakers from asia and europe will gather at the one stage
My friend bought a ticket for 1 $. Did someone also catch the lowest prices???/ Want to visit it so much because Vitali BUTERIN will be there...
anyoneeee here
dm me!!

Return to “Meetups”