Why are you a member of this forum?

Brand new to Bitcoin, and just looking to learn more.
10%
Sick of censorship on other forums.
56%
Other reasons (State your reason below and we will add it to the poll)
34%

Total votes: 94
bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Why are you a member of this forum?

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:53 am

Any members wishing to secure there bitcointalk user name via signed message is please asked to post in this thread:
the-suggestion-box/signed-message-verif ... =signature

This will help keep this thread clean and for those wanting to post the reason they came to this forum.
Thank you.

Regards:
Bitkilo.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

GreenBanana
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 12zB4iQMs1UqV6r9BbcnyKPdsCdfUrLRGM

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:55 am

I joined the forum to help support Roger's new endeavor. I admire all the things he has done and continues to do for liberty, Bitcoin and all of the people that both will someday set free. It is unlikely that I would be as involved in Bitcoin or ever have read Rothbard if not for Roger's public honey-badger-ness in regards to both. Each has been personally enriching and life changing in different and positive ways.

I am not a frequent poster online but I do believe that the more venues we have to discuss things, the better. This forum has a much cleaner look than bitcointalk and will hopefully be an accepting, educational and friendly landing point for both the experienced and noobs alike.

He is a compassionate fella' and I wish him the best of luck on this and all future projects.

Keep touching lives Roger :)

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:21 pm

I joined the forum to help support Roger's new endeavor. I admire all the things he has done and continues to do for liberty, Bitcoin and all of the people that both will someday set free. It is unlikely that I would be as involved in Bitcoin or ever have read Rothbard if not for Roger's public honey-badger-ness in regards to both. Each has been personally enriching and life changing in different and positive ways.

I am not a frequent poster online but I do believe that the more venues we have to discuss things, the better. This forum has a much cleaner look than bitcointalk and will hopefully be an accepting, educational and friendly landing point for both the experienced and noobs alike.

He is a compassionate fella' and I wish him the best of luck on this and all future projects.

It's posts like this that make me feel like everything has been worth it.
It nearly brings tears to my eyes to hear that other people have read Rothbard, and that it was in part, due to my recommendation. Once those ideas have been heard, one can never see the world the same way again.
Thank you so much GreenBanana, together we are building a better world!
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

GreenBanana
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 12zB4iQMs1UqV6r9BbcnyKPdsCdfUrLRGM

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:10 am

It's posts like this that make me feel like everything has been worth it.
It nearly brings tears to my eyes to hear that other people have read Rothbard, and that it was in part, due to my recommendation. Once those ideas have been heard, one can never see the world the same way again.
Thank you so much GreenBanana, together we are building a better world!
Well that certainly makes me happy to hear! I'm glad I overcame my reluctance to post things online and told you. I know there is sometimes a lot of noise so hopefully I added a bit of signal :) You are right, those ideas can not be "unheard" and I completely agree that we are building a better world. I personally feel that you are part of that foundation so yes, as far as I am concerned, it has all been worth it!

Jpage

Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Theymos is a dick for trying to manipulate the community with censorship. It is outrageous - yet no one seems to care much. At least Roger Ver realized the importance and built this alternative. I hope it gains critical mass soon. Best of luck.

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Theymos is a dick for trying to manipulate the community with censorship. It is outrageous - yet no one seems to care much. At least Roger Ver realized the importance and built this alternative. I hope it gains critical mass soon. Best of luck.
Maybe i would not use the word "dick" but he is too young and that project grew over his head. he is controlling the 2 main news sources which is really bad for bitcoin. the network effect is hard to overcome, so iam glad that there is an alernative now : bitcoin.com!
More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

pinger

Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:18 pm

I want to have the two versions of the same history.

I don't know if this is going to become the forum of XT, anyway, I want to reserve a seat :)

zju
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:22 pm

As with most polls, there are not enough options.

I'm here not out of loyalty or disloyalty, but simply because it is another source of information.

Bitcointalk has been overrun by newbies posting stupid shit simply to get paid a few pennies by signature campaigns. I hope that doesn't happen here.

psztorc
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1M5tVTtynuqiS7Goq8hbh5UBcxLaa5XQb8

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Both bitcointalk.org and /r/bitcoin have entered a state of uselessness. Why exactly that happened, is anyone's guess...my guess just that Talking is just hard to scale.

Anyway, soon there will be a new Meeting Place and this may as well be it.

psztorc
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1M5tVTtynuqiS7Goq8hbh5UBcxLaa5XQb8

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 pm

+1
There is a crazy amount of Pearls before Swine in the BTC community.

rebuilder

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Other: Hoping for less flaming, spam and off-topic.

BlueSquirrel

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:11 am

I came because when I first learned about bitcoin I enjoyed lurking (and sometimes posting) on Reddit's bitcoin thread. . . but the last couple months the quality has become abysmal.

I've also really appreciated the videos I've seen of Roger Ver, his optimism, and his philosophy of volunteerism.

I use bitcoin to buy coffee, transmit money between countries (often with a negative remittance fee) and buying cheap things off Amazon. .and have tried to get all my friends and family to use it. I can't wait till it takes off and the world becomes a better place because of it.

tokeweed
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16qBn6PubA1L6T75TKZrd7VQUzTBJ7FmXf

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:04 am

I'm a member of bitcointalk.org. So I figure I'll be a member of this one as well.

Forums are a good source of info and learning if used well. It's sad that some people use it to troll or spread FUD most of the time. I admit I am guilty of doing that at times (the trolling for the lulz, I never spread FUD). But to my defense I troll the trolls, or the people I have seen troll or spread FUD.

Anyway, I hope I could behave more over here and I'd love to share and receive more insights on the cryptocurrency scene from you guys.

Peace.

BNC999

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:44 pm

Because of Theymos and whats going on on reddit is: DISGUSTING and shows what low lifes some people are... Censorship is never a solution...

Shake9169

Donate BTC of your choice to 35dR3QYxrxfwHPzUZe4vuzGYaB8eZeyeej

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Iam not new to bitcoin,however iam new to forums or this format so iam here to learn and build relationship within the bitcoin economy.

Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BkBbYn6JL1VBuFQcYK4UXm4HPxWWCSGfc

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:08 am

I manage The Google+ Bitcoin Community, Co-Manage The Facebook Bitcoin Group and am a Mod at the Bitcoin Subverse at Voat.co. So, I wanted to check it out.

dill
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:49 am

I manage The Google+ Bitcoin Community, Co-Manage The Facebook Bitcoin Group and am a Mod at the Bitcoin Subverse at Voat.co. So, I wanted to check it out.
Welcome! I bet a link to this forum will help visibility and help keep the community distributed and healthy. ;)

Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:46 am

Welcome! I bet a link to this forum will help visibility and help keep the community distributed and healthy. ;)
Well, I do still have link to assign on The Google+ Bitcoin Community and I could certainly help. That is for sure.

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:02 am

Well, I do still have link to assign on The Google+ Bitcoin Community and I could certainly help. That is for sure.
Hey AvatarX, welcome! :)

Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:10 am

Hey man! Yeah, I figured I really had to join. At the very least to secure my username.

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:16 am

Hey man! Yeah, I figured I really had to join. At the very least to secure my username.
No doubt, plus we could use your contributions here, please stay and lend your experience!

Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 am

No doubt, plus we could use your contributions here, please stay and lend your experience!
I will give a try for sure. As you may know I was interested in a good forum that was not BitcoinTalk. Forum.Bitcoin.com is the very best bet yet for sure.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:29 am

I just want to thank everyone for coming.
I follow this thread closely even though I don't post specific welcome messages to each new user.

The more incoming links you all can post, the better this forum will become, so please help out!

We are off to a great start though.
It looks like we will have 1000 registered users, and 2500+ posts by some time next week.
Not bad for only having launched about 2 weeks ago!

Thank you all for participating!
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

DiggnDeeper
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 15YBHbma31x7fBAkH6Vwor75v9cqQt2syG

Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:47 am

I am here because I want to be a part of the solution. I want to see a union of meshnets and crypto, and I think I can help. I am no math genius or tech wizard, but I can copy and paste ;)

Actually, this article has a lot to do with my recent flurry of activity. We have to be the change we want to see.

Thank you Roger, for this outlet.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NastyFRkeUTmMdbMmzggDVTQA6r3ibUoX

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:13 am

I love Bitcoin.

piebeyb
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EsWXN3VcBb2rRenMBYd4V3WTfiZxaaiK3

Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 am

because I want to add to the experience and knowledge even new friends on this bitcoin network :)
Image Tip me BCH : qzahl4e8mqy5se6sdnc6j24mv4vtdtlpv5jmnhsw3n

knight22
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:00 am

Decentralizing bitcoin discussion is a good thing.

Lightrider
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DdQqHWZnz6mBYw6dRVVTkQGybuB3GkjtE

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:24 am

Because fuck theymos.
Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Please visit www.thezeitgeistmovement.com and www.thevenusproject.com.

ultraticum

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 am

Bitcoin is the first positive development, since the internet, in the struggle against mankind's two enemies: the state and the central bank.

I came to learn, and know that here I'm likely to encounter others who share that view.

pathi

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Just trying to avoid the spam and trolls on bitcointalk.org. I see there are discussions on signature campaigns here. I really hope that does not become reality here.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”