nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

A ban has been issued on your IP address - You have been permanently banned from this forum

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Yesterday each time that I visited the forum here I wasn't permitted to view the threads or posts just a message indicating that I was banned.

I couldn't think of any valid reason (although the screen indicated SPAM) that I would be banned so I tried using other IPs and even had a couple of friends in other locations attempt to visit the forum.

All of us encountered the following screen:

Today everything seems to be normal again. I just wanted to make a note here of what happened.
Last edited by nandibear on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ByPxM5KqHUigBG1N3jm7cRVbFntH4yA9

Re: A ban has been issued on your IP address - You have been permanently banned from this forum

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Yesterday each time that I visited the forum here I wasn't permitted to view the threads or posts just a message indicating that I was banned.

I couldn't think of any valid reason (although the screen indicated SPAM) that I would be banned so I tried using other IPs and even had a couple of friends in other locations attempt to visit the forum.

All of us encountered the following screen:

Today everything seems to be normal again. I just wanted to make a note here of what happened.
I apologize this was my fault,sorry
Image pgp
https://wallet.bitcoin.com [Choose your wallet]
https://buy.bitcoin.com [Buy bitcoin]

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: A ban has been issued on your IP address - You have been permanently banned from this forum

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Same thing happened to me.

It was quite annoying to feel being banned for no reason, especially when there was no dialogue prior to the action. I'm glad this was all one big mistake ;)
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:58 am

I apologize this was my fault,sorry
Don't worry, we all make mistakes. I'm thankful that you were able to get things fixed :)

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:50 pm

! Message from: Fremont
The moderation team as a whole would like to sincerely apologise to any users that may have been affected by this issue; in the interest of complete transparency, as is the policy here on bitcoin.com, here's what happened:

We were provided with new tools to fight spam on the forum with the option to ban spammers by username, email address and IP address / IP range. As can happen in any instance where people are learning to use new tools, an IP ban was inadvertently activated by a moderator resulting in any users accessing the forum from that IP address / IP range being unable to access the forum. This is being discussed by the administration & moderation team to ensure that it will not be repeated in future, and again, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to any user affected.

Many thanks to all of you for contributing to the ongoing active discussions here on bitcoin.com! :)

Fremont

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:00 am

! Message from: Fremont
The moderation team as a whole would like to sincerely apologise to any users that may have been affected by this issue; in the interest of complete transparency, as is the policy here on bitcoin.com, here's what happened:

We were provided with new tools to fight spam on the forum with the option to ban spammers by username, email address and IP address / IP range. As can happen in any instance where people are learning to use new tools, an IP ban was inadvertently activated by a moderator resulting in any users accessing the forum from that IP address / IP range being unable to access the forum. This is being discussed by the administration & moderation team to ensure that it will not be repeated in future, and again, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to any user affected.

Many thanks to all of you for contributing to the ongoing active discussions here on bitcoin.com! :)

Fremont
I understand about learning to use the new spam fighting tools. Thank you for working to keep this forum safe and void of spam.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:12 am

I understand about learning to use the new spam fighting tools. Thank you for working to keep this forum safe and void of spam.
Thanks for being so understanding, nandibear! :)

Fremont

Return to “The Forum”