Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

TsonicTsunami
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Bitcoin Hard Forks and More with Erik Voorhees

Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:25 am

I have a lot of respect for Erik but he is either uninformed or being disingenuous about the hashing of the last 1000 blocks mined. I would like to believe it is the former.

It is 11:11pm on the East Coast of the United States and as of 8 minutes ago of the last 1000 blocks mined.

CLASSIC = 49 CORE = 951 OTHER =0

Classic : 61PH/s ( 4.4% ) Core : 1,327PH/s ( 95.6% )

Even if I didn't have a position the numbers are the numbers, the mathematical facts are the facts.
To what end does a misrepresentation of the numbers accomplish?

The source for these figures is coin.dance

edit : Eric to Erik
Last edited by TsonicTsunami on Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freetrader
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:13 am

I have a lot of respect for Eric but he is either uninformed or being disingenuous about the hashing of the last 1000 blocks mined. I would like to believe it is the former.
While I totally agree with your point that numbers should not be misrepresented and everyone should be realistic about the situation, bear in mind that the interview was made a while back and that the recent drop of BIP109 blocks to < 5% is just that, a recent thing.

TsonicTsunami
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:44 pm

While I totally agree with your point that numbers should not be misrepresented and everyone should be realistic about the situation, bear in mind that the interview was made a while back and that the recent drop of BIP109 blocks to < 5% is just that, a recent thing.
Erik stated "I think objectively Classic already has a majority of the mining hash power supporting it, perhaps a super majority but I don't know yet, but certainly a standard majority".

Classic has never had anything close to majority ( super or standard ) of mining hash power, ever. The interview was published March 27, 2016. There has never been a time where that statement was even remotely plausible.

Erik's statement is a gross misrepresentation of the facts, his thinking is incorrect.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Actually I would argue that Erik is correct.
The vast majority of miners do support classic, they just haven't directed their hashing power to mine classic blocks yet.
I've met with the vast majority of the mining power in person over the last two months, nearly all of them support bigger blocks and like classic.
The problem is that they also like the Core team, and would prefer the Core team to implement the 2MB blocks ASAP.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Domrada
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Q4Wiw4key63xDHuif48eFExP4sCcaVfMu

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:36 am

Actually I would argue that Erik is correct.
The vast majority of miners do support classic, they just haven't directed their hashing power to mine classic blocks yet.
I've met with the vast majority of the mining power in person over the last two months, nearly all of them support bigger blocks and like classic.
The problem is that they also like the Core team, and would prefer the Core team to implement the 2MB blocks ASAP.
In other words, they are delusional. That doesn't make me feel better.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”