Domrada
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Q4Wiw4key63xDHuif48eFExP4sCcaVfMu

Concrete Steps

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:48 pm

I don't want to live in a small block world. Bitcoin used to be controlled by 'us', remember? I want my Bitcoin back.

What concrete things can I do to make bigger blocks a reality?

Domrada
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Concrete Steps

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm already doing these things, but it doesn't seem like enough. I want to do more.

I can't accept that we are limited to just these options. This is Bitcoin. Bitcoin is freedom. I want an option that is bolder than waiting for 75%. I'm tired of waiting. I'm ready to fork now. I'll run nodes. I'll run miners. I'll accept a temporary setback in network size and hashpower. I'm ready for a banner to rally around.

freetrader
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Try to stay informed on upcoming hard forks like SatoshisBitcoin which aim to put the control back into the hands of the users.

These forks should be viewed as a kind of insurance against the substantial risk of a major economic change event, such as e.g. the "death spiral" scenario which was recently debated in the context of the upcoming halving.

Some of the forks in preparation consider the planned SegWit soft-fork roll-out as introducing some very harmful changes, such as opening the door wide to making further changes in the scripting system without proper opt-in from all users. I would expect such forks to be ready and activated before SegWit.

And yes, you would again be able to mine, at least while the difficulty remains within your reach (which depends how quickly these forks gain mining support).

I love how Bitcoin means we don't have to live in a small block world against our wishes.

Domrada
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Try to stay informed on upcoming hard forks like SatoshisBitcoin
I see that the OP has not updated the thread since March 30, there is no website, there are no binaries, and the supposed launch date is in 6 days.

freetrader
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:36 pm

I see that the OP has not updated the thread since March 30, there is no website, there are no binaries, and the supposed launch date is in 6 days.
Yeah, my last information is that the fork's author is still making improvements and setting up surrounding infrastructure. Safe to say that the fork date in 6 days will not be the fork date, because the strategy of the project is to give sufficient time for the public to inform themselves.

I would just keep an eye on it, no doubt it will be mentioned again. If I hear news I can also post a link here for the curious.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”