timkeeg

Jaxx wallet not showing BCH transactions

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:52 pm

I sent two BCH transactions to a Jaxx wallet and neither show in transaction history or balance. Both are on the BCH blockchain though. I have contacted Jaxx support through twitter and have received a response but no help. Support told me on July 11 that they will send a support link. Nothing yet.
Thanks for any help.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Jaxx wallet not showing BCH transactions

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am

I sent two BCH transactions to a Jaxx wallet and neither show in transaction history or balance. Both are on the BCH blockchain though. I have contacted Jaxx support through twitter and have received a response but no help. Support told me on July 11 that they will send a support link. Nothing yet.
Thanks for any help.
I would recommend that you submit a support ticket directly to their support team: https://support.decentral.ca/hc/en-us/requests/new

There is an Important Notice! on the Jaxx support page about BCH: "We are aware of issues with the Jaxx Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Wallet. More details here"

This notice reads:
We know Bitcoin Cash is important for you as it is for us, and we know that currently there are some issues with the Jaxx Bitcoin Cash wallet.

The current issue is directly related to the fork that took place on may 15th when the BCH team released a new BCH Blockchain client which included an upgrade to the consensus rules, and that caused the software to not be backwards compatible with legacy versions. We’re working to change our backend systems accordingly but this is taking time.

Though the Jaxx Bitcoin Cash wallet may seem to work, please note that it will not display any transaction information that took place after than the May 15th moment of the fork. If you were expecting BCH coins in your Jaxx Wallet or if you Exchanged other coins to BCH after May 15th, you may not be able to see the BCH in your Jaxx Wallet at the moment.

Rest assured your funds are safe! Transactions may have been processed on the Bitcoin Cash network (if you can see a confirmed transaction through any block explorer) but you're simply not seeing them in the Jaxx UI at the moment.

The new BCH software was outside of our control and we're working really hard to get Bitcoin Cash fully functional in your Jaxx Wallets. Currently the Jaxx BCH Wallet is paused until we can develop a new backend that works with the new BCH daemons.

There is currently NO ETA on when this issue will be resolved but rest assured our devs are very hard at work to reach a resolution as soon as possible.

We advise that you do not initiate any ShapeShift conversions or send any new BCH funds to your Jaxx BCH Wallet if you intend to use those funds soon, before we resolve the current issue.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

timkeeg

Re: Jaxx wallet not showing BCH transactions

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:54 am

Thank you!

Return to “Beginners & Help”