SpartanZA
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1FVr4Efww21vEs3aZrrchbyV3V8Y2eBLrS

Record address movement in the blockchain

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:59 am

Hello

I am working on a system where I need to keep track of transactions of a wallet. For example, I need to record, on an excel sheet for example, the following information of every coin that is moved in or out of this wallet.

Date, time, exchange rate at the time, amount.

This maybe a newbie questions, but how can I automate this record capture?

Also, at what exchange rate should I use? There are a lot of exchanges with different rates, so in terms of accepting bitcoin as a payment method in a retail environment, which should I use as a generally accepted method. On this point further, If someone is paying in BitCoins, but enters a fiat currency value like $, at what exchange rate is the users wallet converting to?
My lack of understanding is if I say something $x and that value, according to my wallet is different to theirs?

Do you know what I am talking?
Thank you in advanced.
and this moment too shall pass

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Record address movement in the blockchain

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Hello

I am working on a system where I need to keep track of transactions of a wallet. For example, I need to record, on an excel sheet for example, the following information of every coin that is moved in or out of this wallet.

Date, time, exchange rate at the time, amount.

This maybe a newbie questions, but how can I automate this record capture?

Also, at what exchange rate should I use? There are a lot of exchanges with different rates, so in terms of accepting bitcoin as a payment method in a retail environment, which should I use as a generally accepted method. On this point further, If someone is paying in BitCoins, but enters a fiat currency value like $, at what exchange rate is the users wallet converting to?
My lack of understanding is if I say something $x and that value, according to my wallet is different to theirs?

Do you know what I am talking?
Thank you in advanced.
1) You will need to write a script.

2) Use blockchain for conversion, signup for an account to access their api.

Send me a PM that explains in-detail what you are trying to accomplish and I will try my best to help you :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

Return to “Beginners & Help”