Forum rules
If you are posting news, press or any other related material that directly or in-directly benefits you, we request that you post a back-link to bitcoin.com by using a button, banner or text-link on your website. Thanks for supporting Bitcoin.com!
SpartanZA
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1FVr4Efww21vEs3aZrrchbyV3V8Y2eBLrS

Major South African Online Auction Site Gets BitCoin Option

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:02 pm

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/article/6702/ ... ce_Bitcoin - Press Release

I personally am happy with this move. I am tired of talking to people about BitCoin and then they in a sarcastic tone, ask the same old question, "But where can I spend it". So annoying!

BidorBuy.co.za has been around in South Africa since the dawn of the internet boom here, and I am happy and will support the users on there who sell their items purely because they now accept BitCoin.

I see they use BitX. I have used BitPay in the past on a few online stores I had, but never got a single sale. But I believe BidorBuy have seen the light, and are just that little bit more enlightened!
and this moment too shall pass

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Major South African Online Auction Site Gets BitCoin Option

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:12 pm

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/article/6702/ ... ce_Bitcoin - Press Release

I personally am happy with this move. I am tired of talking to people about BitCoin and then they in a sarcastic tone, ask the same old question, "But where can I spend it". So annoying!

BidorBuy.co.za has been around in South Africa since the dawn of the internet boom here, and I am happy and will support the users on there who sell their items purely because they now accept BitCoin.

I see they use BitX. I have used BitPay in the past on a few online stores I had, but never got a single sale. But I believe BidorBuy have seen the light, and are just that little bit more enlightened!
A fair amount of people refer to Bitcoin to me as "play money". Difference is, play money you can't exchange for ~$400 USD ;)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

SpartanZA
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1FVr4Efww21vEs3aZrrchbyV3V8Y2eBLrS

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:46 am

Its no play money to me. As you said, it's more valuable than the crap we have been using for over 100 years

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
and this moment too shall pass

BitcoinHub

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:25 pm

I love this news too, I in fact have been a seller on bidorbuy.co.za for many years now. (Since before Bitcoin was even created) and as soon as I heard this news, I activated it as a payment option. I have already had a sale that was paid in Bitcoin, so considering that there are many sellers and i represent only a drop in the ocean of items on bidorbuy, I imaging there have already been quite a few Bitcoin sales on the platform already.

Whenever I make a purchase I always make sure i get the seller to enable the Bitcoin option and I use that to pay, the problem is majority of the sellers haven't checked the the box to say they are willing to accept Bitcoin payments.
Bitcoin News & Information Resource South Africa - http://www.bitcoinhub.co.za

Return to “In the news”