arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Feed Ze Birds

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:41 am

Oh wow, Erik looks so young there! ;)
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

throughnothing
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 17XwrhkbVdxUpWH2wDKiv6W2okuDQ3R6dG

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:21 am

I'm curious if anyone has any clever names for a revival of a tool/service like Feed Ze Birds?

DrewDTOM

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:48 pm

Man, I got some of my first bitcoin from this site back in 2012, I hope someone is able to bring it back, I would use it for sure.
I support Bitcoin, Not Bombs! Donate crypto to Antiwar.com and help us escalate peace at Antiwar.me

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:20 am

Man, I got some of my first bitcoin from this site back in 2012, I hope someone is able to bring it back, I would use it for sure.
I believe that there is at least one coder on this thread who is actively working to bring the site back.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:38 am

I believe that there is at least one coder on this thread who is actively working to bring the site back.
Is there? I sure hope so too!
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

FilipeVenancio

Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Go with an owl - to-BIT-to-whoO

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

btc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:08 pm

i'd like to see more sites like this. instagram tumblr facebook g+ and anything with an api would be nice to let people post and repost for coins as well

btcK

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:01 pm

I used to run a similar site on http://re.2et.in. Can we rekindle this project on 2et.in domain ?

throughnothing
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:37 pm

I used to run a similar site on http://re.2et.in. Can we rekindle this project on 2et.in domain ?

I have been developing a more modern version of the original Feed Ze Birds, that I'm in the process of testing and getting launched, but will probably launch on its own domain. I am curious what is the current status of the re.2et.in project/domain? Is it still operational? Are you actively looking to modernize it, or re-launch it?

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:07 am

For those who are interested, we have already begun work on a new version for Bitcoin.com
If you are interested in contributing or collaborating in some way, contact Magma on the forums.

Thanks!
topic7039.html

btcK

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:33 am

I have been developing a more modern version of the original Feed Ze Birds, that I'm in the process of testing and getting launched, but will probably launch on its own domain. I am curious what is the current status of the re.2et.in project/domain? Is it still operational? Are you actively looking to modernize it, or re-launch it?
Currently re.2et.in is not operational. DB queries need to be upgraded from MySQL to MySQLi. I'd be happy to see a good usage of the 2et.in domain.

Vaultoro
AMA
AMA

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:08 pm

I used to use it and was sad when it shut its doors. It was such a great way use case for bitcoin.
Joshua Scigala
CEO Vaultoro.com
The Real-time Bitcoin Gold Exchange and API
Combining the historical security of gold with the speed and transparency of the bitcoin blockchain

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:38 am

I used to use it and was sad when it shut its doors. It was such a great way use case for bitcoin.
Luckily this service will be back again on Bitcoin.com soon.
We still need to think up a great name for it though.
Any ideas?
topic7039.html

Vaultoro
AMA
AMA

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Hey great news man!
I'll PM you some ideas to names that are available. :)

Would be good if Eric didn't mind to raising the old name like the Phoenix from the ashes.

Do you think twitter will allow API access now that bitcoin is more mainstream?
Joshua Scigala
CEO Vaultoro.com
Combining the historical security of gold with the speed and transparency of the bitcoin blockchain

btcK

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Luckily this service will be back again on Bitcoin.com soon.
We still need to think up a great name for it though.
Any ideas?
How about btc.2et.in?
Hey great news man!
I'll PM you some ideas to names that are available. :)

Would be good if Eric didn't mind to raising the old name like the Phoenix from the ashes.

Do you think twitter will allow API access now that bitcoin is more mainstream?
This type of applications does not require twitter API to deal with bitcoin. One may use normal REST API of twitter, which does not require any special permission.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 am

This new edition is getting closer to being ready!
I'm so excited for people to start being able to use this service again!

One down side is that the limited block size is making it much harder for this application to be useful.
For the tweet rewards, we would like them to be paid out as soon as the user hits 'Retweet', but due to the high fees we may need to send a daily or hourly batch of transactions where everything is summed up and all rewards sent in one transaction in order to save on mining fees .
Unfortunately this makes the UX much slower, and no where near as magical as Bitcoin should be.

I think this sort of service is a strong argument against Luke JR's claims that the blocks aren't already full, and that transactions under $1 don't count.

How do people think we should handle the payouts?
topic7039.html

Vaultoro
AMA
AMA

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:41 pm

This is very cool. Yeah the fees are aggravating.

Well if people have to wait for the end of the day to be included in a sendmany TX, then they might as well wait for the small fee to confirm on the network wich would take about the same amount of time (depending on how close to payout time it is. The great thing about sending it straight away is it shows up in people's wallets straight away but is unspendable until confirmed. The other important thing is birds can dodge ridiculous money transmission bullshit regulations because you are not holding funds.

Whatever you end up choosing I would say to alleviate of any bad feelings clients get from waiting simply explain the situation upfront.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to it.
Joshua Scigala
CEO Vaultoro.com

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:15 am

An early alpha version is ready for you guys to play around with now.
You can test it out yourself at birds.bitcoin.com
Tweets and Bitcoins may disappear at any time, so don't send more bitcoins than you are comfortable with losing forever.
Please post your feature requests and other suggestions below.
topic7039.html

throughnothing
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Tweets and Bitcoins may disappear at any time, so don't send more bitcoins than you are comfortable with losing forever.

It's looking good Roger! I haven't used it yet, but I like the design, and I think birds.bitcoin.com is a good starting point for the domain. I'll give it a try soon and let you know any feedback I have.

Vaultoro
AMA
AMA

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Congrats! it's looking great.

one prob,

I just sent 0.01262583 BTC to 3NNsUar24BAHBNwMHD1xkBkog9qEFnCsjb but nothing happened. Then refreshed the site and all had disappeared. If the site is waiting for confirmations it would be good to see that or get some sort of feedback.

Not sure how to use the bitcoin I just sent.
Joshua Scigala
CEO Vaultoro.com

magma
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Magmaqvxx7LpUTYGWw8RNPEJXBQ6iSLVX

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Congrats! it's looking great.

one prob,

I just sent 0.01262583 BTC to 3NNsUar24BAHBNwMHD1xkBkog9qEFnCsjb but nothing happened. Then refreshed the site and all had disappeared. If the site is waiting for confirmations it would be good to see that or get some sort of feedback.

Not sure how to use the bitcoin I just sent.
Hi,
it's still in beta, so it might miss some transactions. I processed it now. Normally it uses unconfirmed transactions, and all payout are from the same chain to prevent double spending.
Magma Hindenburg - Bitcoin wallet developer

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:53 pm

This is awesome. I'm trying it out now. One thing I'd say it's lacking on the page are FAQs on how it works, etc. Maybe send people here to this forum post to ask questions not answered in the FAQs after they're up.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:55 pm

This is awesome. I'm trying it out now. One thing I'd say it's lacking on the page are FAQs on how it works, etc. Maybe send people here to this forum post to ask questions not answered in the FAQs after they're up.
Great idea.
I think we need to get the system up and running decently well before we will be ready to create the FAQ though.
topic7039.html

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:56 pm

Great idea.
I think we need to get the system up and running decently well before we will be ready to create the FAQ though.
Sure. So far it seems to be working well and quickly too. No problems so far on my end except the Alert button (top right icon) doesn't seem to do anything or show anything (yet).

Edit: I didn't notice the ellipse dots (...). After trying them, they call say "follow @JohnDoe" instead of the actual persons Twitter. Also "See Bitcoin Address" doesn't work. It also gives me the option to "Delete Tweet" on other tweets, but I didn't want to click it :)

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:46 pm

What happens if someone retweets a tweet posted here from an account registered on birds.bitcoin.com
Does the app still know to send them money?

https://twitter.com/BTCBVR/status/725771809048674307
topic7039.html

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:05 pm

Congrats, looks great - I am signing up!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:23 pm

What happens if someone retweets a tweet posted here from an account registered on birds.bitcoin.com
Does the app still know to send them money?

https://twitter.com/BTCBVR/status/725771809048674307
I was wondering the same thing too actually. I would doubt it but I really have no idea! :D

magma
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Magmaqvxx7LpUTYGWw8RNPEJXBQ6iSLVX

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:24 pm

Edit: I didn't notice the ellipse dots (...). After trying them, they call say "follow @JohnDoe" instead of the actual persons Twitter. Also "See Bitcoin Address" doesn't work. It also gives me the option to "Delete Tweet" on other tweets, but I didn't want to click it :)
Now you can follow people directly from the app, also if you delete your tweet you will get refunded instantly. Twitter usernames and hashtags are also clickable now.
Magma Hindenburg - Bitcoin wallet developer

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Now you can follow people directly from the app, also if you delete your tweet you will get refunded instantly. Twitter usernames and hashtags are also clickable now.
Okay, everything is working when I click on the ellipses now! :)

This is really awesome. I can't wait for people to start using it!

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:38 pm

Hmm so I wanted to try it again, and I realized that if you RT someone the payment is sent instantly. This is great, but has a downside. I just un-RT'd the tweet and still have the payment (bitcoin payments are irreversible lol I'm sure you know this already! :) )

Anyhow, maybe put in a small delay of 1-2 hours or something to try to dissuade any un-RT's? I mean, eventually they will be able to un-RT no matter what, but at least this keeps the RT in the person's timeline for longer.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”