arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

KnCMiner starts mining Classic blocks

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:44 am

KnCMiner, with approx 4% of the global hashing power, has started mining Bitcoin Classic blocks.

They can't change anything by themselves, but it is still very significant.

Here is the screenshot from nodecounter.com - the last two blocks are KnC's blocks.

And here is the screenshot from blocktrail confirming.
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: KnCMiner starts mining Classic blocks

Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:01 am

Make that 3 blocks. ;)

Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Make that 3 blocks. ;)

FYI your images aren't showing. Looking at the raw image file it's giving me a 404 error http://ifilehosting.com/arnoudk/2mb-blo ... ounter.png

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Make that 3 blocks. ;)

FYI your images aren't showing. Looking at the raw image file it's giving me a 404 error http://ifilehosting.com/arnoudk/2mb-blo ... ounter.png
Interesting. The links work for me. I manually tried downloading it from 3 servers (it could be that you are hitting a different server than I, and that it did not propagate properly), but they all return the image to me.

Is it working now? What browser are you using? And are any of the other images I have been posting on the forum working for you?

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Make that 3 blocks. ;)

The images are not loading for me either.

On the bright side, Antminer + KnCMinner seem to be doing well wtih classic :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

CryptAxe
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:57 am

Images are working fine for me and I have noscript, adblock and a slew of other addons that cause problems like that so it must be something else...

Anyways this is certainly huge news regardless of what side of the argument you are on. I'm surprised to hear that KnC has only 4% of the network at this point but that still has a large effect.
CryptAxe.com | bitcoinhivemind.com

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:00 am

Make that 3 blocks. ;)

The images are not loading for me either.

On the bright side, Antminer + KnCMinner seem to be doing well wtih classic :)
I could see the images yesterday but not now, it may have something to do with the problems we had a couple of night ago.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:15 am

Thanks, I'll look into why my servers are acting up.

So far, I can't reproduce the 404 yet. I'll try something else. Are you sure it was a 404, or could it have been a different message? 404 is a file not found message, and the webserver (nginx) is just serving static pre-compressed content for this particular domain name. The files exist, and are readable.

UPDATE: Something strange is certainly going on! I have no 404 error messages in the logs (that are related to this). Can you PM me a screenshot of these error messages when you get them again? (I'll now stop hijacking this thread about KnC with server troubleshooting messages!)

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:32 am

Thanks, I'll look into why my servers are acting up.

So far, I can't reproduce the 404 yet. I'll try something else. Are you sure it was a 404, or could it have been a different message? 404 is a file not found message, and the webserver (nginx) is just serving static pre-compressed content for this particular domain name. The files exist, and are readable.

UPDATE: Something strange is certainly going on! I have no 404 error messages in the logs (that are related to this). Can you PM me a screenshot of these error messages when you get them again? (I'll now stop hijacking this thread about KnC with server troubleshooting messages!)
I can see the images now, so it's working as far as I can tell! :)

Return to “Bitcoin Classic”