hakuna_potato
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Expatriating From the US

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:41 pm

I've heard Roger mention his "only regret is not doing it sooner", with reference to leaving the US and renouncing his citizenship.

What are the benefits of expatriating? What are the hoops one must jump through to accomplish this?

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Re: Expatriating From the US

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:15 am

It is a very serious undertaking, and should only be done if you are 100% sure you never will live in the USA again.
In my case, that part of the decision was easy.
The hard part was getting citizenship in another country.
It can take years, and a huge amount of money.
Some countries will grant citizenship based on having a parent or grandparent who was originally a citizen.
Other countries will basically sell you citizenship for the right price.

Those countries and ball park prices are:

Comoros $50K
Russia $200K
Dominica $350K
Grenada $400K
St Kitts $500K
Antigua $500K
Bulgaria $500K
USA $500K (Green card)
Canada $1M
Malta $1.8M
Cyprus $3M
Austria $4M+

There are also quite a few that will give you residency for the right price.

The whole concept of citizenship is crazy, and humans shouldn't need permission from other humans to travel on the planet, but this is the world we live in.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:55 am

Wow those prices are large.
I remember not long ago seeing a passport and visa or similar being sold for the federation of St Kitts whick also gave you visa access to around 150 other countries.
I think it was going for around 400k.

How about some of the easily curruptable sth east asian countries like Thailand, im sure they would sell citizenship.

@roger, i didn't see Japan on the list, do you currently have japanese citizenship and if so what did that cost? Im sure it would not have been cheap.
If you don't want to answer thats cool i can understand that this is a private matter to yourself.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:54 pm

@roger, i didn't see Japan on the list, do you currently have japanese citizenship and if so what did that cost? Im sure it would not have been cheap.
I currently have citizenship in St Kitts and am very happy with it!

If anyone reading this is interested, I am happy to make an introduction to a great agent that can help with any of the Caribbean offerings.
Just contact me privately for the information.
topic7039.html

romjpn1

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:03 am

It is a very serious undertaking, and should only be done if you are 100% sure you never will live in the USA again.
Some countries will grant citizenship based on having a parent or grandparent who was originally a citizen.

Comoros $50K
Russia $200K
Dominica $350K
Grenada $400K
St Kitts $500K
Antigua $500K
Bulgaria $500K
USA $500K (Green card)
Canada $1M
Malta $1.8M
Cyprus $3M
Austria $4M+

The whole concept of citizenship is crazy, and humans shouldn't need permission from other humans to travel on the planet, but this is the world we live in.
Oh I didn't know that Comoros began to offer passports as well. It's a poor country but it's really cheap comparing to other countries. I used to live not far, in Reunion Island :).

EDIT : Oh but they don't accept french people. Probably because of Mayotte.
http://www.InvestBitcoinGuide.com grow your bitcoins !
No Ponzi, no scam.

Financisto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1ERHkyaSFUrmTr4pxK4a8GXrb9htADD876

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:39 am

Expatriating from the Five Eyes is a big step towards freedom. Just take a brief look at what Edward Snowden has shown us...

The 5 Eyes don't spare peaceful ordinary civilians anymore...

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:06 am

Expatriating from the Five Eyes is a big step towards freedom. Just take a brief look at what Edward Snowden has shown us...

The 5 Eyes don't spare peaceful ordinary civilians anymore...
Great, i just read that Australia is part of the "5 eyes" i had never heard of :cry:
Looks like i will have to start saving my money or BTC for a new citizenship, Grenada @ $400K sounds good as long as the US don't invade it again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Grenada
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

BitcoinGuides
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Kyk8xJcjqZwQPTWTbiQ6HYMA5FmAc3NH3

Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:49 am

Most of those are still cheaper than a lifetime of taxes and bullshit.

SOF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1HGwcWqCBbiiN79KSvGCRGMonWpPcymdu6

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:05 am

Look up V the Guerrilla Economist for his expatriation program "Plan B" to Panama. The details I know so far is that you need minimum $50,000, and I am not sure if he's still running the program, but you can still try by emailing him for help at guerrillaeconomist@gmail.com

He recent got on to Bitcoin thanks to Roger Ver appearing on his show on Revolution Radio.

He's a busy man now with the Global Economic Reset on the way and his information becomes more critical by the day, so your email might take some time to reply.

Hope this helps.
Bitcoin donations for my artwork at http://sofdmc.deviantart.com appreciated:
1HGwcWqCBbiiN79KSvGCRGMonWpPcymdu6

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Truer words were never spoken better!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:06 am

I actually don't agree with you guys on the citizenship issue but roger summed it up by saying that this is the world we live in.

As humans we should be able to visit any country on the planet we want to but becoming a resident of that country is different.
The BIG poblem is the human race just doesn't get along with one another.

So I think that what is needed is a change in the travel visa system.
It should be easier to travel around the globe and visit all the wonderful places on the planet but the world we live in at the moment is all worried and overreacting about terrorism and so we see countries closing their borders and making stricter entry criteria.
This attitude needs to stop or the human race will never get along.

Travel for a holiday/visit is one thing but becoming a resident of another country is a completely different scenario.
You have to take into account many factors.

Right now there is HEAPS of refugees looking for a new start somewhere, all of whom have had to flee there country of origin for one reason or another.
Now lets say 500k of them ended up in your country and just set up home with no restrictions on entry.

From day one they will need money. Most of these people will have no money and many will not speak the language so they will have to work, not easy if you can't speak the language so they will have to learn, a lot of governments run free language programs for new arrivals with tax money so what happens when the natives start asking questions regarding tax.
If you want your country stable with at least a police force (and we do need a police force because humans don't get along remember) then everyone has to pay their fair share.
At lot of tax money is also misused but I won't get into that now.

Half a million people is a lot of people and if they want the services that the country provides via taxes then we need to know that any new residents are paying their fair share.
If their house caught fire then our tax funded fire fighters would have to put it out and rescue anyone inside, the hospital they end up in was most likely partly government funded so it's only fair they pay.

I could go on but i would like to see a reply first.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:44 pm

I actually don't agree with you guys on the citizenship issue but roger summed it up by saying that this is the world we live in.

As humans we should be able to visit any country on the planet we want to but becoming a resident of that country is different.
The BIG poblem is the human race just doesn't get along with one another.

So I think that what is needed is a change in the travel visa system.
It should be easier to travel around the globe and visit all the wonderful places on the planet but the world we live in at the moment is all worried and overreacting about terrorism and so we see countries closing their borders and making stricter entry criteria.
This attitude needs to stop or the human race will never get along.

Travel for a holiday/visit is one thing but becoming a resident of another country is a completely different scenario.
You have to take into account many factors.

Right now there is HEAPS of refugees looking for a new start somewhere, all of whom have had to flee there country of origin for one reason or another.
Now lets say 500k of them ended up in your country and just set up home with no restrictions on entry.

From day one they will need money. Most of these people will have no money and many will not speak the language so they will have to work, not easy if you can't speak the language so they will have to learn, a lot of governments run free language programs for new arrivals with tax money so what happens when the natives start asking questions regarding tax.
If you want your country stable with at least a police force (and we do need a police force because humans don't get along remember) then everyone has to pay their fair share.
At lot of tax money is also misused but I won't get into that now.

Half a million people is a lot of people and if they want the services that the country provides via taxes then we need to know that any new residents are paying their fair share.
If their house caught fire then our tax funded fire fighters would have to put it out and rescue anyone inside, the hospital they end up in was most likely partly government funded so it's only fair they pay.

I could go on but i would like to see a reply first.
What you are referencing is refugees. That refugees shouldn't be able to come as they please on a handout and I too agree. I made my own way, they should too. I never asked for a handout, I work hard for my continuing fortune. I will continue to work hard until I am old and grey. Roger paid upwards of $100K, he didn't take a handout. If refugees would like me to pay into a bill to help them in their country, I will happily contribute. I just don't think they should flee to any of ours without fixing their own problems first.

If you wish to reside in a country, they must charge you a service fee. A service fee which covers any medical use, road use and any other use case scenarios you may require. This is similar to mooring your boat and paying for electricity dockside.

Other than that, I should be able to moore my boat anywhere I'd like with-out the permission of anyone - except for using their electricity.

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

SOF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1HGwcWqCBbiiN79KSvGCRGMonWpPcymdu6

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:29 am

I remember Roger Ver in an early documentary on bit coin stating Madeleine Albright's statement of the deaths of thousands of Iraqi kids as a result of the decade long sanctions between the two Gulf Wars and how Bitcoin will pull the rug under these 0.001 percenters.

The world is in a mess because at the top it is run by people with this kind of mentality it is in turn supported by compartmentalised people ignorant of the larger agenda at work. Its all a house of cards that can be demolished overnight with our refusal once we know the real game at work.

Most people are generally good if left alone and not interfered with. The world is the way it is because of the differential in knowledge and therefore power/control (especially with money) between the 0.001 percenters and the rest of humanity because its occulted (hidden). We live under rule of an occult-ocracy.

Nation states is just slang for 'cattle pens' (in the Cabal's view) and its all man made illusions. Google Earth looks a lot better with the borders turned off.

I saw one video of Iraqi commandos (who wear black uniforms and ride in black Hummers) taking back Ramadi from the Cabal funded Islamic State. While taking cover in an intense firefight one commando did a sort of candid moment in front of the other guy's helmet mounted camera (when he realised he was being filmed) while bullets were flying all around.

No doubt these guys had grown up under those sanctions which Albright thought 'was worth it' and were now spending their adult lives in another Cabal generated nightmare and despite all that still were able to find some humour in the middle of a life-threatening situation.

Made me realize these guys are like us when you peel away the differences in language and religion.
Bitcoin donations for my artwork at http://sofdmc.deviantart.com appreciated:
1HGwcWqCBbiiN79KSvGCRGMonWpPcymdu6

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:03 am

Here is the video you referred to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKuoqZLyKg
My comment about the Iraqi children comes at the very end.
topic7039.html

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:46 am

Comoros $50K
Russia $200K
Dominica $350K
Grenada $400K
St Kitts $500K
Antigua $500K
Bulgaria $500K
USA $500K (Green card)
Canada $1M
Malta $1.8M
Cyprus $3M
Austria $4M+

It's actually quite surprising that the cost for citizenship in Bulgaria is so expensive. Having been there several times it is literally one of the "most chill" and laid back atmospheres I have ever been in. I wouldn't mind a house near the beach in Varna. The last time I was there it was still a bit lawless (a few dollars got you out of traffic tickets, etc) but it's a place I can see myself staying.

Financisto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1ERHkyaSFUrmTr4pxK4a8GXrb9htADD876

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:51 am

Great, i just read that Australia is part of the "5 eyes" i had never heard of :cry:
Looks like i will have to start saving my money or BTC for a new citizenship, Grenada @ $400K sounds good as long as the US don't invade it again.
If you meet the conditions, you can also live the "Perpetual traveler" lifestyle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_traveler or its modern variation called "Digital nomad": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_nomad

As for what's been shown by Mr. Ver for tax purposes, being an US citizen might not be a "good business" at all (even while living/working abroad)...

P.s. Panama (I guess it's a good place in order to apply for citizenship too) suffered from the same collateral problem too (US invasion). LOL

Mistery
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Hello! There is an excellent proven earnings on the network with Verum Option without attachments. If you are interested, see the link https://verumoption.com/?ref=5159

Lilypanama24
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13XWgUqTWCLyNiQD7EGGhB7KwT7SYcqpta

Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:36 am

If you meet the conditions, you can also live the "Perpetual traveler" lifestyle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_traveler or its modern variation called "Digital nomad": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_nomad

As for what's been shown by Mr. Ver for tax purposes, being an US citizen might not be a "good business" at all (even while living/working abroad)...

P.s. Panama (I guess it's a good place in order to apply for citizenship too) suffered from the same collateral problem too (US invasion). LOL
Panama is a good place but you will still need to integrate within the local culture, learn Spanish and the history of Panama. If you get married to a local and it is not a sham marriage, you can get citizenship really quick in about 3 years (not counting temporary residency and processing paperwork)

Although nothing has changed with the laws, the influx of Venezuelans is burdening the immigration system. The main office in Panama City sometimes has ques of several hours. The laws may change for the worse and requirements may get tougher as the people of Panama are getting overwhelmed by foreigners.

(I'm a Panamanian BTW :) )
Editor of BitcoinMXN, Contact Mefor PR or Advertising Opportunities

English & Spanish Copywriting Services

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Wed May 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Comoros $50K
Russia $200K
Dominica $350K
Grenada $400K
St Kitts $500K
Antigua $500K
Bulgaria $500K
USA $500K (Green card)
Canada $1M
Malta $1.8M
Cyprus $3M
Austria $4M+

How do I know which of those is the best choice for me? in which ones you pay least amount of taxes?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 pm

The taxes are low in most of them. I know the most about St Kitts and recommend it strongly.
topic7039.html

Return to “Free Markets”