arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Classic Update: 3 blocks found + 20% (1300+) full nodes

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:28 pm

I kinda feel like a live sports commentator, updating YOU - the fine members of this forum - on the latest and greatest developments from the front lines of Bitcoin Classic !

Earlier today, the third Classic block was found. This third block was also found by AntMiner, who has only one of their nodes upgraded to Classic and the rest of them are still running Core. There are now 3 Classic blocks out of the last 1000 - and for the change to become active this number needs to climb to 750 out of the last 1000. So while there is still a long way to go, and the outcome is not certain at the moment, every step in the right direction takes bitcoin closer to scaling.

Here's the screendump of nodecounter.com:
Last edited by arnoudk on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Classic Update: 3 blocks found + 1300+ full nodes

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Classic nodes have now increased to a point where there are 20% of Classic nodes on the network.

There are also other nodes that fully support the 2 MB blocks that Classic creates - these are Bitcoin Unlimited and Bitcoin XT 0.11E. I personally run one public node for each of these three: one Classic, one Bitcoin Unlimited and one Bitcoin XT 0.11E. Only one of my nodes would be counted in the list above. But all three support scaling.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Classic Update: 3 blocks found + 20% (1300+) full nodes

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Classic is doing well, as we take-over the worlds financial solutions by storm :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:37 pm

There seems to be a story behind the big spike in Classic nodes. The amount of nodes has reduced again - still at a very high (high enough, I'd say) level.

The spike is said to have been caused by a yet-to-be-released service that spins op Classic nodes on Amazon's AWS for anyone who will pay for them. So there is a donation address to support AWS nodes in a number of datacenters. When you pay (or enough people pay), another node is launched. When funds run out, the node is taken down again.

It allows anyone, without any technical expertise, to support a full node professionally run in a datacenter.

This spike was a test, apparently. When they (whoever "they" are) launch - the nodes will be more permanent.

I welcome this idea. It levels the playing field where anyone who wants to support bitcoin CAN, regardless of their tech background. All it takes is being able to send a bitcoin payment.

Amazon's datacenters are very well designed. They are hardly ever offline - although service outages have happened it has never happened that all datacenters are offline. They have insane bandwidth, so much that it is not possible to DDoS Amazon. So they contribute to the stability of the network.

kingscrown
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:49 am

Im installing Classic node now
Financial Underground KIngdom - Best Cryptocurrency Blog with Private Mailing List

GIVE ME A BEER 1HC58noBPD7fmyNZKP7qf7thjb6ZSVN7fK

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:27 am

There seems to be a story behind the big spike in Classic nodes. The amount of nodes has reduced again - still at a very high (high enough, I'd say) level.

The spike is said to have been caused by a yet-to-be-released service that spins op Classic nodes on Amazon's AWS for anyone who will pay for them. So there is a donation address to support AWS nodes in a number of datacenters. When you pay (or enough people pay), another node is launched. When funds run out, the node is taken down again.

It allows anyone, without any technical expertise, to support a full node professionally run in a datacenter.

This spike was a test, apparently. When they (whoever "they" are) launch - the nodes will be more permanent.

I welcome this idea. It levels the playing field where anyone who wants to support bitcoin CAN, regardless of their tech background. All it takes is being able to send a bitcoin payment.

Amazon's datacenters are very well designed. They are hardly ever offline - although service outages have happened it has never happened that all datacenters are offline. They have insane bandwidth, so much that it is not possible to DDoS Amazon. So they contribute to the stability of the network.
Do you know what the cost of running a full Classic node on "their" datacentre would be?
Could you give us a link to the site?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “Bitcoin Classic”