Ice Rock Mining is running a very promising initial coin offering (ICO), it’s tokens called ROCK2 are offered for sale the first time. The main sale will start tomorrow, 21 March 2018, bonus is 25%.
What concept did Ice Rock develop?
The company from Kazakhstan wants to do Bitcoin mining. What makes Ice Rock Mining so unique is the location of the project. The Bitcoin miners are located in an old Soviet bunker, which is built as a cave system into a mountain.
This cave system was bought by Ice Rock Mining CEO Malik Murzashev from the Kazakh government.
There is a constant temperature of only 10 to 12 ° C, so it is very cool inside, an bitcoin mining doesn’t effort active cooling of the devices and saves a lot of power. In addition, Ice Rock Mining does not have to pay rent for using the cave, because Malik Murzashev is the owner. In addition, he owns a large area of the surrounding land, which he bought too.
Furthermore, the electricity price of 3 cents per KWh is one of the lowest that can currently be offered, which also keeps the production costs for mining very low. A hydroelectric power station is only 100 meters away, which gets its energy from the Kurty Reservoir about 100km north of Almaty.
Antminers running in the cave
How can I invest?
The ICO is already running, in which Ice Rock offers its tokens (called ROCK2) for sale. 1 ROCK2 is $1, but currently there are still big discounts, because the project is only in pre-sale.
The ROCK2 tokens are needed for the "Smart Contracts" developed by Ice Rock Mining to detect how many ROCK2 tokens are on which ETH address and then automatically send the monthly winnings to those addresses, depending on how many ROCK2 tokens you are holding on this wallet. The mining revenues are paid in Ethereum.
Sharing of mining revenues:
The shared profits from Bitcoin-mining are split by Ice Rock Mining, to guarantee the profits for investors and the existence of the company:
- 50% of the winnings should go as payouts to the owners of ROCK2 tokens.
- 20% should be used as reinvestment in new miners, to increase the mining performance. This counteracts the increasing of mining difficulty and makes the investment more profitable by installing more hashpower.
- 20% will be used for repair and maintenance costs.
- 10% were profits of Ice Rock Mining Team.
The softcap for this project has already been reached, the hardcap is 13,500,000 USD. The collected money should be used as follows:
- 88% should be used for equipment and installation. These include the Antminer, of which Ice Rock wants to buy the latest, as well as all the other technical necessities of installation.
- 5% is used for marketing to promote the project.
- 5% gets the team of Ice Rock Mining.
- 3% will be used for the ICO bounty.
The project is currently still in the ICO, but there are already 100 Antminer S9 in the tunnel, so there are already experiences of profitability. Ice Rock Mining is very transparent, so you can find many pictures and videos about the current state on the internet.
The most important advantage is, that Ice Rock offers tokens that you can sell later again, since you participate in this by mining as long as you own them.
So you do not buy a contract, like with normal cloud mining, but a token that gets steady profits and owns a value. With previous Cloudmining you received at the end of the contract no equivalent value, only the mining revenues. ROCK2 is like a mining contract, you could sell later.
In addition, if you don’t sell, you’ll be paid as long as mining is still profitable.
CEO: Malik Murzashev: owner of the location, has 10 years of experience in IT (biggest apple-store is Kazakstan), 5 years experience in mining and blockchain, owner of the company and the cave
ICO-Manager: Dias Kurmanov: ICO / PR-Manager of Ice Rock Mining, experience in blockchain, marketing and sales
Technical director: Mikhail Pluzhnikov: Founder of the mining-farming, 3 years experience in development and blockchain projects
+ some more team members for IT, technical organization and PR.
Technical director Mikhail Pluzhnikov
- ICO has been running since end of January and ends 25 May 2018, or if all ROCK2 tokens have been sold out before
- Softcap does not exist, the hardcap is 13,500,000 USD
- The max. supply is 23,000,000 ROCK2
- The price per ROCK2 is $1, although there are still big discounts available as the project is still in pre-sale
- There is no whitelist and no KYC required
The concept of Ice Rock Mining is quite different from that of established cloudminers and offers great potential to displace large mining companies, as both the cost factors in the highly competitive mining business and the idea of using tokens to pay the investors make Ice Rock much more attractive, as normal cloudminers.
It would not be unlikely if Ice Rock Mining replaces big mining companies, because Ice Rock has more potential and is more profitable.
If you are interested in doing your own research and have a look to the project:
Whitepaper: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... D43ansH7t5