Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

How to Start an AMA

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:11 pm

Hello Members,

With the AMA (ask me anything) board being used as one of our big draw cards to the forum we ask that members who wish to start their own AMA thread on this board to please send a PM to the Global Moderators group or email myself at steven@bitcoin.com requesting permission to hold the event, once a decision is made we will then allocate a time and date for the event to take place and can even advise you of how best to set up you thread.
Additional arrangements can be made with the news team to draw as much attention as possible to your personal AMA event and a podcast is also an option.

We also strongly encourage members to let us know who they would like to see take part in one of our AMA’s and we will do the best we can to contact the person or company and ask them if they would like to take the opportunity to participate in an AMA discussion thread here on forum.bitcoin.com.

We are working as a team to make this the place to ask Bitcoin CEOs and industry leaders anything you want to know about Bitcoin and their involvement in the industry.

Regards: bitkilo.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Hhampuz
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1D32LQzjyjRKCFPfeUw9xDExE6YmLkdBfB

Re: How to Start an AMA

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Ah, I did not know this had to be done. I had just posted one haha. Will email you later tonight :)

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:45 pm

Does the AMA's always need to be about bitcoin or cryptocurrencies? or can people like businessmen, SEOs, etc make AMAs too?
https://cryptosec.info/

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Ah, I did not know this had to be done. I had just posted one haha. Will email you later tonight :)
Thats ok, get in touch with me and we will discuss.
Does the AMA's always need to be about bitcoin or cryptocurrencies? or can people like businessmen, SEOs, etc make AMAs too?
The AMA do not specifically have to be about cryptocurrencies, we will follow up on anyone that own members request for an AMA if we think it's appropriate.
The best idea for now would be to create a thread on the "forum suggestions" board and ask other members if they would like AMA's with the type of people you mentioned.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

grandFX
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19BkU3ZUHsHaiJ2vye4JHEZYZBhfvnrkTB

Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:50 pm

I would like to join in AMA, but I just want to do that in local boards to help of people from my country.
So, Can I create a thread in local boards about an AMA in local boards? if possible
just ask
thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:14 am

I would like to join in AMA, but I just want to do that in local boards to help of people from my country.
So, Can I create a thread in local boards about an AMA in local boards? if possible
just ask
thanks in advance.

Best Regards!
Will PM you in a couple of days.

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Hey, how would it be if we got Theymos to do an AMA here? That would be hilarious and interesting at the same time.
theres a snake in my boot

Westernory
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:15 pm

Hey, how would it be if we got Theymos to do an AMA here? That would be hilarious and interesting at the same time.
That would be a great idea, but Theymos will definitely refuse. Why would he be doing an AMA on his direct competitor's site?

And here we are talking about censorship and all that on bitcointalk. He's not going to have any legitimate answers for that. Doubt he'll participate.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:54 pm

That would be a great idea, but Theymos will definitely refuse. Why would he be doing an AMA on his direct competitor's site?

And here we are talking about censorship and all that on bitcointalk. He's not going to have any legitimate answers for that. Doubt he'll participate.
It would be cool and we can only try i guess, if we get much more interest in this i will chase it up.
I can PM him from my account on bitcointalk.org and also follow up with another that could help.

I really don't know what his answer would be. I wouldn't say we are competition to bct the same way as reddit is not in competition to them, we are not trying to be bitcointalk.org

Each site can offer a slightly different view on the world of bitcoin.
If there is anything you would like to see us offer that is not available elsewhere please let us know and we can look into it.

Westernory
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:13 am

It would be cool and we can only try i guess, if we get much more interest in this i will chase it up.
I can PM him from my account on bitcointalk.org and also follow up with another that could help.

I really don't know what his answer would be. I wouldn't say we are competition to bct the same way as reddit is not in competition to them, we are not trying to be bitcointalk.org

If there is anything you would like to see us offer that is not available elsewhere please let us know and we can look into it.
Doubt he would be able to do it, honestly. Accounts that are hacked are taking ages to recover, even though some guy have already sent theymos the PM with the correct format. Either very ignorant, or just incredibly busy. Probably a bit of both, since he is still finding the time to comment on a lot of the threads regarding the bitcointalk forum.

I'd say if it is possible to get a few of the bitcoin gambling site admins to do an AMA that would be quite interesting. After all gambling sites like satoshidice were initially the reason why bitcoin was used so much in the first place.

There are certainly some things that you guys need to fix... I'll reply on your suggestion box thread.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:49 am

Doubt he would be able to do it, honestly. Accounts that are hacked are taking ages to recover, even though some guy have already sent theymos the PM with the correct format. Either very ignorant, or just incredibly busy. Probably a bit of both, since he is still finding the time to comment on a lot of the threads regarding the bitcointalk forum.

I'd say if it is possible to get a few of the bitcoin gambling site admins to do an AMA that would be quite interesting. After all gambling sites like satoshidice were initially the reason why bitcoin was used so much in the first place.

There are certainly some things that you guys need to fix... I'll reply on your suggestion box thread.
Yes please let us know anything you think we could be doing better and we will look into it, forums are built around the members so we only know what people really want when they tell us.

Gambling admin AMA's, yes sounds like a good idea, i will look into contacting a couple, thanks for the suggestion.

grandFX
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19BkU3ZUHsHaiJ2vye4JHEZYZBhfvnrkTB

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi AMA, am Funmi please how Bitcoin operate as am interested in buying and selling
it's better to start here https://www.bitcoin.com/getting-started

sustain

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:17 pm

please what is AMA

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:34 am

please what is AMA
Look up at the title, it stands for -
Ask me anything.

Sajid.roy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:09 am

It will be interesting if someone will start AMA thread in this forum.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:38 am

It will be interesting if someone will start AMA thread in this forum.
We have a who board just for AMA's --> ama-ask-me-anything/

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:50 am

Ofc they can, and they ahve already done it, check the previous threads

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 pm

I've noticed that many people started AMA threads, but did not really answer the questions, can someone hit them up and ask to answer please?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

bitoye

Donate BTC of your choice to KingStreetMelbourneVictoriaAust

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:19 am

Follow three simple steps for starting AMA

1. Pick the mid day of the week
2. Schedule the information in the middle of the day
3. Host it for at least 3 hrs.

EmilyFloris

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:32 am

just ask
thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

JoeFoster

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:00 am

Great. Thanks for information

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:17 am

just ask
thanks in advance.

Best Regards!
Yes that is fine, you can start an AMA in your local language board

Dollarbill

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:29 am

Have you tried to do a "cross-post" with Reddit for a very cool and interactive AMA ?
[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅2οο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]. [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]. [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]. [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Blockminer, researcher, and mnemoniste.

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”