BitGuy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

How do i change my username?

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:22 am

Is there anyway to change username in this forum.I want to change it.Please help me.
Try Incurex.com for currency exchange

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: How do i change my username?

Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Is there anyway to change username in this forum.I want to change it.Please help me.
You can't AFAIK. You can sign up for a new account and get a new username that way, but you would lose any post history. If post history is a major concern that you want to keep it, admins maybe able to make the change for you in the database but I'm not 100% sure of that and it would be their call.

Acidyo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 14EvhgnCa62LRKY5ksj9v9UAvM2TsJG8MZ

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:26 am

You can't AFAIK. You can sign up for a new account and get a new username that way, but you would lose any post history. If post history is a major concern that you want to keep it, admins maybe able to make the change for you in the database but I'm not 100% sure of that and it would be their call.
Hmm, I've actually wondered about changing my username as well... Acid sounds way too druggy for new people who don't know me.

Funny thing is that nickname has stuck with me since 6th grade when someone called me it by mistake cause he didn't remember my name, oh childhood... :P

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:40 am

Hmm, I've actually wondered about changing my username as well...

@Acidyo

You may already know this (if so then please accept my apology, my intention was not to offend you) but if you have access to the database (mysql, or any database that this site uses) you could change your username (or anyone's username) in just a few seconds.

Moreover, if you are using phpmyadmin you'll be able to modify the database VERY easily. Just locate the table and column were the usernames are stored.

It may be that the mods on this forum only have access to the phpBB admin of this site and not the host and database. If so, you may have to contact Roger Ver for access to host and database.

evilroot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 12AqvhvDWU4XJqqt9hW5ShwgJngXpqHHdD

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:31 pm

If anyone needs to have their username changed, send me a PM and I'll sort it out.
-- evilroot.

Return to “The Forum”