Bluey3

lost wallet sort of!

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:35 am

Hi Members, I have just joined up here hoping to find some help. I am fairly new to this game and even earlier I bought some etherium in readyness of buying some ICO's. I purchased the etherium through Coinbase no problem then I needed to send the etherium to a wallet that was ERC20 friendly which I think I did but the problem I have now is that I can't find how to transfer the etherium to where I want to send it. generally there is a send button but the only way I can see my wallet as I don't really know where it is is if I go to etherscan and search for it. It shows up there with my etherium in tact but I can't see how to retrieve it. this is hard to explain fully on here so if there is anyone in Brisbane who coulld possibly give me some advice I would appreciate it. I am happy to give my email address followed up by a phone number if you can help.
Regards
Keith (bluey3)

kace

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PQMzfiddoxSEqgKNSqFvjEtG8dqEH4fht

Re: lost wallet sort of!

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 am

Hi Keith,

Where did you create your Ethereum wallet (ERC20 compatible)? And do you remember creating a backup of the wallet?
You will need to access the wallet you created to send out your Ethereum.

Bluey3

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:55 am

Hi thanks so much for replying so quickly.
I am a bit confused with it all so much was happening so quickly that I don't remember a lot of things it was all so new to me. now I am suffering the consequences. I don't know where I created the wallet of this particular one we are discusing are you in Brisbane as I find it would be easier to chat to you about it. it could take weeks on here even then i'm not sure if I would get to the bottom of it. If your in Brisbane can you give me an email address and I will contact you. or if you would prefer mine just let me know

Keith

kace

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:07 am

Hi Keith,

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do if you don't have access to your wallet.
Try your best to remember where you created your wallet. I would suggest going through your browsing history or check your recent files for the backup. Most common Ethereum wallets are Metamask and Myetherwallet.

Bluey3

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 am

mmmm.. it seems I will be going around in more circles. I have metamask and it is now showing up there or on etherwallet unless there is something I am not clicking on. If I go to etherscan I can see it there when I search using my wallet address. But that's as far as I get I can see it but can't get to it!!!
Keith

Bluey3

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:20 am

Sorry typo!! I'll write it again.

mmmm.. it seems I will be going around in more circles. I have metamask and it is NOT showing up there or on etherwallet unless there is something I am not clicking on. If I go to etherscan I can see it there when I search using my wallet address. But that's as far as I get I can see it but can't get to it!!!
Keith

kace

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:27 am

If the Ethereum address displayed on your Metamask/Myetherwallet and Etherscan are the same, then it should reflect in your balance.

I suggest you contact the relevant wallet support team as they may assist you further.
Metamask: https://metamask.helpscoutdocs.com
Myetherwallet e-mail: support@myetherwallet.com

Bluey3

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 am

Great OK thank you will do.
Keith

Return to “Ethereum”