Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
LRoS
AMA
AMA

I am Daniel Alexiuc, CEO of Living Room of Satoshi. AMA!

Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:51 am

G'day!

I'm Daniel Alexiuc. I'm co-founder and CEO of Living Room of Satoshi, Australia's bitcoin bill payments company which launched in May 2014.

For over two years Living Room of Satoshi's customers have been paying phone bills, electricity bills, school fees, credit cards, tax payments and more using bitcoin. We recently passed $3 million total paid through the service, and we help those who get paid in bitcoin to "close the ecosystem loop", enabling them to spend bitcoin directly with over 45,000 Australian billers.

I'm a software engineer at heart, having written enterprise systems for a heap of other people in sectors as varied as banking, credit card processing, taxation, construction, manufacturing, law, government and travel. I've also previously started and run other companies - some raging successes and some dismal failures. :)

AMA!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: I am Daniel Alexiuc, CEO of Living Room of Satoshi. AMA!

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:43 am

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for agreeing to take part in the AMA, this forum is still growing but i'm sure there will be a few questions coming in for you.

I first found your company back in 2014 not long after launch but being new to bitcoin myself i never had a use for it back then but it always stuck in my mind as a great idea though. Since the relaunched i have used your services a few times and couldn't be happier, you guys are a big help to the Australian bitcoin community.

A couple of questions i have are,
1. Recently it was announced that Living Room of Satoshi would start accepting DASH, what was the decision behind this and why DASH out of all the alt coins?
2. Your rates are very competitive, have you ever thought about getting into bitcoin payroll conversion for those that wish to be paid in bitcoins?
3. I would like to see the current exchange rate published on the home screen, any plans for this? (it seems kind of hidden at the moment)
4. What's the future hold for Living Room of Satoshi?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

LRoS
AMA
AMA

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks for the questions!
1. Recently it was announced that Living Room of Satoshi would start accepting DASH, what was the decision behind this and why DASH out of all the alt coins?
Dash is one of the more "money" focused alt-coins. It's not trying to be anything other than usable instant digital cash - which appeals to us as a bill payments platform, especially after the problems we had with Ethereum. Also the Dash DAO paid for the integration! It's a real working DAO (not like that other famous one :) ) that funds development of the protocol and integration projects. I wish Bitcoin had something like this, it's a real innovation in crypto-currencies to see a useful working DAO.
2. Your rates are very competitive, have you ever thought about getting into bitcoin payroll conversion for those that wish to be paid in bitcoins?
Payroll and bill payments are the two main things that can really make Bitcoin useful in everyday life, so we'd love to see greater uptake of both. The tax laws around GST currently make things a bit difficult in this area.. but I'm confident that the awesome team at getpaidinbitcoin.com.au can sort it out!
3. I would like to see the current exchange rate published on the homescreen, any plans for this? (it seems kind of hidden at the moment)
I don't have any specific objection to that - it's useful information. There is a little instant conversion widget that will automatically tell you exactly how much bitcoin you'll need for this bill as you type it. And the rate is in fact displayed immediately after hitting submit on the home page, along with all the other information you need to make the payment. I guess the main reason is that we want the whole experience to be as simple and uncluttered as possible. When you come to the home page, we want the process to be uncluttered and straightforward... so we removed as many things as possible that weren't absolutely vital for that stage in the bill payment process.
4. What's the future hold for Living Room of Satoshi?
In the immediate future, we're working on making it easy to buy precious metals like Gold and Silver with bitcoin - look out for that soon. We're going to extend our rewards program further so you can earn points from referrals too - and maybe get you a little bit closer to that shiny XBOX One S! There will be a heap of innovation in the coming 12 months, and hopefully one or two game-changers to shake up the legacy bill payments systems in Australia too ;)

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:53 pm

G'day!

I'm Daniel Alexiuc. I'm co-founder and CEO of Living Room of Satoshi, Australia's bitcoin bill payments company which launched in May 2014.

For over two years Living Room of Satoshi's customers have been paying phone bills, electricity bills, school fees, credit cards, tax payments and more using bitcoin. We recently passed $3 million total paid through the service, and we help those who get paid in bitcoin to "close the ecosystem loop", enabling them to spend bitcoin directly with over 45,000 Australian billers.

I'm a software engineer at heart, having written enterprise systems for a heap of other people in sectors as varied as banking, credit card processing, taxation, construction, manufacturing, law, government and travel. I've also previously started and run other companies - some raging successes and some dismal failures. :)

AMA!
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Allow me to congratulate you, I have been following your project for some time now, well done on the success!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

LRoS
AMA
AMA

Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:42 am

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Allow me to congratulate you, I have been following your project for some time now, well done on the success!
Thanks iFixBTCmemoryIssues! I appreciate it. Super excited to be providing a useful service to bitcoiners too!

CryptoMedia
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:00 pm

How bitcoin can be regulated

CryptoCris
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:11 pm

What was your biggest challenge

8Bet

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:26 am

Just a comment to mods - probably worth locking the thread once an AMA is over ? Prevents confusion with users posting questions much later (like years) after the AMA and wondering why all is quiet... :)
8Bet Bitcoin Lottery. Provably fair, 100% return, BTC, LTC, BCH.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:01 am

Just a comment to mods - probably worth locking the thread once an AMA is over ? Prevents confusion with users posting questions much later (like years) after the AMA and wondering why all is quiet... :)
Good idea, thanks.
I will start locking AMA threads
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”