Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
VytautasK
AMA
AMA

I'm Vito (Vytautas) Karalevicius Co-founder and CEO of SpectroCoin.com, PhD researcher of Bitcoin and Blockchain

Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi all,
I am Vito (Vytautas) Karalevičius, co-founder and CEO or https://SpectroCoin.com Bitcoin Exchange, Wallet, Debit Card and Merchant provider. I am involved in Bitcoin space for more than 4 years. Currently, I am also doing a PhD research on Bitcoin and Blockchain at KU Leuven University in Belgium. I am working in a partnership with SWIFT institute to investigate The potential and impact of the blockchain for securities transaction lifecycle http://www.swiftinstitute.org/research-and-grants/.

More about me: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=126601329

Please feel free to ask me anything about my fields of interest.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Re: I'm Vito (Vytautas) Karalevicius Co-founder and CEO of SpectroCoin.com, PhD researcher of Bitcoin and Blockchain

Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:01 pm

What first attracted you to Bitcoin and made you decide to get involved?

What attracted you to participate on the Bitcoin.com forum instead of somewhere else?

Thanks!
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: I'm Vito (Vytautas) Karalevicius Co-founder and CEO of SpectroCoin.com, PhD researcher of Bitcoin and Blockchain

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi, thanks for doing this AMA. My question would be, how do you feel about the ongoing bitcoin blocksize debate? Have you heard of Bitcoin Classic or any other alternative implementations that fork the protocol to raise the blocksize? If so, how do you feel about them?

VytautasK
AMA
AMA

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:44 pm

What first attracted you to Bitcoin and made you decide to get involved?

What attracted you to participate on the Bitcoin.com forum instead of somewhere else?

Thanks!
I was involved in e-commerce, e-currency space since early 2000s, so I would say Bitcoin was a natural evolution from centralized e-payment solutions such as e-gold or liberty reserve, which were easy to use and etc payment methods, but had a major flows, because of being centralized. On the other hand, Bitcoin attracted me, because it promise to use technology to revolutionize the way people pay in the same way as commerce was revolutionized by having electronic market places like Amazon or eBay, what meant a lower number of intermediaries, hence the lower cost and higher speed. While in fintech industry I can see the increasing number of intermediaries (every payment company is usually just built on top of old infrastructure with a nice user interface as an additional layer/intermediary).

I am also participating at other forums, but I like Bitcoin.com forum as it focuses on describing and shaping Bitcoin ecosystem, but not building a forum-marketplace.
Hi, thanks for doing this AMA. My question would be, how do you feel about the ongoing bitcoin blocksize debate? Have you heard of Bitcoin Classic or any other alternative implementations that fork the protocol to raise the blocksize? If so, how do you feel about them?
I am fallowing the debate and trying to make myself familiar with most of proposals such as BitcoinXT, BitcoinNG, Bitcoin Classic etc, but honestly I believe, that energy is spent on the wrong issue as firstly it will be miners who will decide on the block size and they do have a motivation to increase it as if bitcoin becomes unreliable or transactions will be too expensive, people will look at alternative coins/protocols, there is no monopoly of Bitcoin here. But the issue of scalability is very important and the solutions how to reduce transaction size and hence block size (but not its limit) should be investigated, also it is a time to look for solutions to reduce blockchain size in the future as the real threat is that bitcoin might fail to scale, not because of internal/coded limits, but global technological capability, and that is very likely if Bitcoin grows quicker than technology required to support it in general. On the other hand, Bitcoin as we have it today is an experiment which might be a foundation for more efficient protocol, which I believe will be a result of evolution of Bitcoin, as the strength of Bitcoin is that it is just a protocol which can and has to be modified until perfection.

Rastaways
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BLKBie2njJxH2ycSXoShvU6gXiMs4qeat

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:32 am

If you are real why locking my account my number my emails and not respond rather you blocked all email I sent. Spectrocoin has locked my Bitcoin worth 100 Bitcoin in spectrocoin web site and this has show that they are not genuine Bitcoin firm because after I submitted all they required they locked me out I have done my research and I found out if a Bitcoin company don't want you to use their wallet they will allow the user to transfer their Bitcoin. For months now no respond from your company.

Rastaways
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:40 am

I found out that your company spectrocoin do not have any net worth you worth just 3000$ and now I know why you are stealing customer Bitcoin by locking they and not allowing them to transfer their Bitcoin. My Bitcoin is lock in your website if you are real and you think you have not used my Bitcoin give me access to transfer my bitcoin (100 bitcoin)

Rastaways
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:13 pm

When are you going to unlocked my account so I could transfer my Bitcoins or does it below to you now ?

Rastaways
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Please kindly let me know when your company will allow me access to my bitcoins. Please give me a date

Rastaways
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 13, 2016 7:30 pm

I want you to know that whenever I come to uk I will come to your office and you must open my account. Why are you not coming here anymore you always run whenever you see me or my comments because you have stolen my Bitcoin. If you are legit let me know when you are going to open my account so I can access my bitcoin.

Yunnayos

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:44 am

As the technology becomes challenging, the lifestyle of people also changing. People now looking the digital money whereby no cash in a hand. For business transaction such as bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, litecoin. So, cryptocurrency is used as a security to protect a digital currency.

I am interested in a cryptocurrency business for e-commerce. Yet, I am still considering a few issue of it.

What are the tools should I get ready to run/deal in a cryptocurrency business?

Ricky7208

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:32 am

About five or six years ago I was paid $100 and bitcoin by guy from overseas I’m trying to recover that because I never used it because I did not know how to do you have any idea how I can recover that

jest

Donate BTC of your choice to 1L2ZNk8GZTeaBgAkM8Q4kFg7bQzuo6Fw6

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:09 am

Hi do you how will I join in Token Sale of KodakCoin even if I'm in Asia?

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”