BitcoinNewsMagazine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Goodbye Forums, Hello Slack?

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:56 pm

I check all the bitcoin forums twice a day. Have to stay current and get inspiration for new blog articles. Also reddit. I have noticed two trends over the past few weeks. Bitcointalk is losing popularity. Forum.bitcoin.com is holding steady. On reddit /r/btc is now the most relevant subreddit for bitcoin discussion once you separate the wheat from the chaff.

The most intriguing change I have seen is the trend towards using Slack. Bitcoin Classic has come from nowhere to prominence in a few weeks just using Slack. Yes they have a subreddit and subforum at bitco.in but all the action is at Slack, not a forum or irc.

Even miners are starting to contribute to Bitcoin Classic on Slack. If Classic is successful in replacing Core it will be the first time I know of that a project was popularized and became number 1 using Slack. Slack is also easy to use on a phone. While you can use it on your laptop I usually just access on my Nexus. It is not a memory hog so I leave it running all the time to avoid the hassle of logging in/out.

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Goodbye Forums, Hello Slack?

Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Yeah, I've noticed Slack has become quite popular lately as a form for IRC but more modernized I guess you could say. Bitcoin Core has one too now, and Coinbase wrote a Slack bot that does tipping, so did ChangeTip. If there is one thing in the bitcoin world, it's fragmentation of discussions. It's hard to follow it everywhere, so I just say pick your favorite spots and stick to it.

CryptAxe
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:31 pm

Slack gets REAL expensive with a big team
CryptAxe.com | bitcoinhivemind.com

kingscrown
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Telegram is also rocking now. Im in some groups, in one of them thers even Winklevoss twins
Financial Underground KIngdom - Best Cryptocurrency Blog with Private Mailing List

GIVE ME A BEER 1HC58noBPD7fmyNZKP7qf7thjb6ZSVN7fK

Return to “Off-Topic”