blockchain-db

Dox of theymos (Michael Marquardt) | blockchain-db.com

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Visit http://blockchain-db.com/ for a collection of information censored by theymos (Michael Marquardt)

Theymos has set up his forum to automatically censor and ban users who post this information. His forum allows the posting of personal information of others. Many people find this double standard objectible. In the interests of full disclosure, this publicly sourced information has been reproduced below:

Name: Michael Marquardt
Emails: theymos@mm.st / theymos@gmail.com / theymos@hotmail.com /
theymos@aol.com / theymos@yahoo.com
Personal: michaelmarquardt@mm.st
Phone: [Deleted by mod]
Address: [Deleted by mod]
City: [Deleted by mod]
State: Wisconsin
Zip: [Deleted by mod]
DOB: 1991
SSN: [Deleted by mod]
Last 4 CC: [Deleted by mod]
EXP: [Deleted by mod]
Domain: theymos.com
Relatives: [Deleted by mod]

http://blockchain-db.com/
Last edited by magma on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Some personal removed to comply with the local jurisdiction where the server is hosted

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Re: Dox of theymos (Michael Marquardt) | blockchain-db.com

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Can you post a link to where this information was already "publicly available"?

It hadn't occurred to me until now that this forum may have to deal with doxing situations.

I would love to hear what the community thinks on how this kind of situation should be handled.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:03 pm

It hadn't occurred to me until now that this forum may have to deal with doxing situations.

I would love to hear what the community thinks on how this kind of situation should be handled.
I've seen it around before on reddit, but obviously this is a touchy subject. Maybe the general rule of thumb should be not to post private "dox" info in the actual forum post, but links to articles/websites that happen to contain said information, is okay as long as it's used in context of some ongoing conversation, and not to just start a flame war/doxing thread? Clearly that is not cut and dry and would be open to moderator judgement. Or you can just put an outright ban on doxing period which makes the judgement call a bit easier. Maybe some of the other mods can chime in here and offer some of their advice as well.

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Maybe some people are not familiar with the word "doxing". Explanation:
-----
Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents), or doxxing, is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual.

The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites (like Facebook), hacking, and social engineering.

-----

For my part:

As long as these informations are from official sources (and not from account hacking) iam perfectly fine with it. I guess you can find the same info about any celebrity in the world.
More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

magma
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Magmaqvxx7LpUTYGWw8RNPEJXBQ6iSLVX

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:42 am

Some personal information about Theymos have been removed. It's irrelevant for this forum's userbase to know Theymos telephone number or relatives. Social security number, Credit card information, relatives, address, etc is only posted as an attack to with no constructive intent what so ever. Other people will use this to send him threats, send crap to his home and invade his personal zone.

Also, the local jurisdiction where this server is hosted have laws against doxing.

His name is already posted elsewhere, so I will let it be. How old he is and which state he lives in can be relevant for discussions. His emails and Skype can stay as well. The link to the website with the full dox is still in the OP's post.
Magma Hindenburg - Bitcoin wallet developer

magma
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Magmaqvxx7LpUTYGWw8RNPEJXBQ6iSLVX

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:57 am

I want people to not act like dicks. Doxing people is clearly a dick move. Please don't be dicks to each other, even if the other guy started it.
Magma Hindenburg - Bitcoin wallet developer

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:17 am

Doxing people is clearly a dick move.
I disagree. If someone does something bad enough, I think it is a good thing that their information be made made public.
I'm just not sure that it is appropriate regarding Theymos.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:20 am

I want people to not act like dicks. Doxing people is clearly a dick move. Please don't be dicks to each other, even if the other guy started it.
Although its not the same language I would have used it does have the same point as I was going to say.
To release someone's private information collected illegally is not nice and highly unethical and it's not something i would not want to see on this forum.

For my part:

As long as these informations are from official sources (and not from account hacking) iam perfectly fine with it. I guess you can find the same info about any celebrity in the world.
I do agree that if the info is already public and not gained through hacking then it's probably ok to release but there still needs to be a strong reason in doing so. Why else would you want to post someones private info other that to piss them off.if they have done nothing wrong.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

bitcoin
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:28 pm

@blockchain-db

Your careless actions have caused me to be permanently banned from Reddit.

I posted a brainwallet.io prize with a link to the address on blockchain.info, and you doxxed Theymos on the blockchain page by posting a public note. They thought that this was done by me.

Next time, think about the negative impact you have on innocent strangers before spewing your nonsense all over the place.

psztorc
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1M5tVTtynuqiS7Goq8hbh5UBcxLaa5XQb8

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 pm

It's irrelevant for this forum's userbase to know Theymos telephone number or relatives. Social security number, Credit card information, relatives, address, etc is only posted as an attack to with no constructive intent what so ever.
Yes, the unambiguous intent of doxxing is to threaten or coerce the victim. If some random person on the internet can do this (by using someone else's maintenance of the forum/website-community), the only result will be that people will be uncomfortable getting involved at all.

The very concept of free speech is pointless if you can threaten anyone who disagrees with you.

The_Void
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:23 pm

As for me, doxing is bad. I think this way from a position of compassion (but not weakness) to the world of roles. From my experience on the Internet a person who is trying to piss you off somehow is often a personality got lost in a modern complicated world. Human brain cant handle everything, people are scared and they feel uncomfortable when appear on such a wide and unrestricted space like the Information World of 21th Century. When someone is doing some bad stuff, I always think - is this mans life better than mine? Probably not, because hes so angry. Why? Its because he's unhappy and lost. What can I do? Help him!

BUT.

If someone is somehow trying to rob me - then yes, I may think of doxing. Thats the only case. Well, and if he wants to kill me, and I know he will do it, then I probably wont be doxing and just be trying to kill him first. :mrgreen:
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

zju
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:00 am

Doxxing may be helpful in cases where a scammer attempts to remain anonymous, but Theymos is not a scammer and is not anonymous. Your purpose in doxxing Theymos is only to enable and encourage people to harm him. While his actions may be objectionable, I find your actions to be reprehensible.

Chris
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ByPxM5KqHUigBG1N3jm7cRVbFntH4yA9

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:05 am

Everyone has the right to to stay anonymous,especially when it is a quite famous name on bitcoin community.
If the data are true and do not come from some kind f hacking but from different sources on the internet such as domains who is,forums,public discussions,ip etc then it can be accessible to all and then we can say the attempt to stay anonymous failed ,but If the data are comming from hacking attacks I do not support to post about this in this forum as a first source..
Image pgp
https://wallet.bitcoin.com [Choose your wallet]
https://buy.bitcoin.com [Buy bitcoin]

NLC

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Visit http://blockchain-db.com/ for a collection of information censored by theymos (Michael Marquardt)
Name: Michael Marquardt
Emails: theymos@mm.st / theymos@gmail.com / theymos@hotmail.com /
theymos@aol.com / theymos@yahoo.com
Personal: michaelmarquardt@mm.st
Phone: [Deleted by mod]
Address: [Deleted by mod]
City: [Deleted by mod]
State: Wisconsin
Zip: [Deleted by mod]
DOB: 1991
SSN: [Deleted by mod]
Last 4 CC: [Deleted by mod]
EXP: [Deleted by mod]
Domain: theymos.com
Relatives: [Deleted by mod]
Thoughtfully redacted.
There's that...
Theymos is getting doxed due to his own duplicity. Pardon the hokey idiom, but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, no?
Theymos condones doxxing on 'his' forum, as long as he's not the one getting doxxored.

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Doxxing may be helpful in cases where a scammer attempts to remain anonymous, but Theymos is not a scammer and is not anonymous. .....

If i had collected millions in funding and would pay some of my friends to work on a new, very overpriced forum.....well....it has a taste at least.

bitcoin.org/en/

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

psztorc
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1M5tVTtynuqiS7Goq8hbh5UBcxLaa5XQb8

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:35 am

There's that...
Theymos is getting doxed due to his own duplicity. Pardon the hokey idiom, but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, no?
Why don't you dox yourself, right now? Pardon the hokey idiom, but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, no?

tokeweed
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16qBn6PubA1L6T75TKZrd7VQUzTBJ7FmXf

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:37 am

Jesus... Why dox the guy. It's not like he's fucking your mom or anything...

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Some personal information about Theymos have been removed. It's irrelevant for this forum's userbase to know Theymos telephone number or relatives. Social security number, Credit card information, relatives, address, etc is only posted as an attack to with no constructive intent what so ever. Other people will use this to send him threats, send crap to his home and invade his personal zone.

Also, the local jurisdiction where this server is hosted have laws against doxing.

His name is already posted elsewhere, so I will let it be. How old he is and which state he lives in can be relevant for discussions. His emails and Skype can stay as well. The link to the website with the full dox is still in the OP's post.
Thanks for the editing the OP.
Love him or hate him there is no reason to have theymos dox on this forum at all and probably should be taken down.
If this info is availble pubic then let who ever wants it can get in publicly not from a site like this that has nothing to do with theymos.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

drwasho

Donate BTC of your choice to 19xt9beTPVRbrWNfrEABPTSpETwp7LKuKm

Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:22 am

This crosses a red line. We should have zero tolerance of doxxing, period.

What is doxxing: posting partial or full personal identifiable information that isn't publicly accessible.

Incidentally, this isn't the way to fight censorship on /r/bitcoin.

drwasho

Donate BTC of your choice to 19xt9beTPVRbrWNfrEABPTSpETwp7LKuKm

Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:41 am

Let me state my rationale, as I think it's necessary:

1. I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone I'm friends with or care about.
2. I think this makes us hypocritical when we talk about the importance of privacy.
3. I don't think any one of us are in a position to judge whether someone 'deserves it' or not.
4. None of us really appreciate the moral consequences if something tragic happens as a result.

But, let's accept the premise that some people deserve it. There's a reason why you want high standards (e.g. unanimous guilty verdict from a panel of 12 jurors) to determine whether someone is guilty of a serious crime beyond reasonable doubt, where the consequences are significant (loss of freedom/life). Ideally, these standards aren't there to make it hard to convict the guilty in and of itself. Rather, they are there to protect the innocent with the rationale that we would rather sometimes acquit the guilty than convict the innocent.

Bringing it back to doxxing: whether or not a person deserves to be doxxed is beyond the responsibility and scope of this forum to decide. In this forum, our standard should be zero tolerance as we would rather the guilty go undoxxed than the innocent doxxed.

knight22
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:28 am

Cry me a river. Theymos literally looked for it.

Lightrider
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DdQqHWZnz6mBYw6dRVVTkQGybuB3GkjtE

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:23 am

Fuck theymos.
Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Please visit www.thezeitgeistmovement.com and www.thevenusproject.com.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Fuck theymos.
Ok we get you don't like the bloke but comments like that really have nothing to do with the topic at hand, this thread is about his dox not his person.
If you dont like him then explain why, no need to abuse him here, this forum has nothing to do with theymos and we have nothing against him as far as i am aware. All he is now is competition. ;)

If you dont like theymos then welcome to the forum thats not run or moderated by him.
Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

NLC

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:34 pm

There's that...
Why don't you dox yourself, right now? Pardon the hokey idiom, but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, no?
Your snark would have a bit more bite if I condoned doxing on 'my' forum, as does theymos.
As it stands, all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
~Comrade Napoleon, Father of All Animals, Terror of Mankind, Protector of the Sheep-fold.

btcmuyuu

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Doxxing may be helpful in cases where a scammer attempts to remain anonymous, but Theymos is not a scammer and is not anonymous. Your purpose in doxxing Theymos is only to enable and encourage people to harm him. While his actions may be objectionable, I find your actions to be reprehensible.
Basically.

You have a forum with almost no activity and you already have this sort of stuff going on.

Puts the moderation choices of forums with tens of thousands of different daily users in perspective, doesn't it?

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Basically.

You have a forum with almost no activity and you already have this sort of stuff going on.

Puts the moderation choices of forums with tens of thousands of different daily users in perspective, doesn't it?
this forum is 3 weeks old, the other forum 6 years. a little difference.

iam confident that this forum will stay with its principles even with thousands of different daily users.

bitcoin.org/en/

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

btcmuyuu

Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Basically.

this forum is 3 weeks old, the other forum 6 years. a little difference.

iam confident that this forum will stay with its principles even with thousands of different daily users.
So you think the prospect of having this kind of shit multiplied by thousands crowding the forum is a good prospect?

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:00 pm

what "shit"? i dont see the problem. alot of good threads and posts.

bitcoin.org/en/

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

gold
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Unbelievable!

But I should have expected that - whatever behavior you can think of, it's probably more likely that it's illegal than not.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”