ah26

Donate BTC of your choice to 13WooDoAiUgs8fGS7A4jPctEQVTw3cbv5b

Question about BTC Notary Service

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Last week I came across BTC Cash Notary service noted https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-com-la ... y-service/I thought it was a slick solution to a process that is a time-consuming pain.

Earlier this week I needed to have a bunch of documents notarized so I called my corp attorney and sent him the above link and he said this service won't fly because this isn't fulfilling the purpose of a notary and this line really means nothing:

"It’s important to note that records don’t actually “exist” on the chain per say, it is merely timestamped encrypted data that is tied to the file that’s processed into a valid BCH transaction."

He understands blockchain fairly well, but wanted to see to what the final document would look like but I couldn't find a watermarked sample or anything. Do they have a sample on the site?

In this US, a notarized document needs to be done in the following manner:

Go to the licensed notary (free at your bank). One bank employee who holds a notary license is always on staff.

You give them the document(s), with your valid ID.

They enter your ID info into their Notary Ledger and ask you to sign the Notary Ledger.

Then they have you sign the document in front of them as they are the witness. You cannot sign before you arrive. They want to see you sign the document.

They finalize the notarization by using they embossing notary stamp seal.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Question about BTC Notary Service

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Last week I came across BTC Cash Notary service...
Hi, I wish that I could offer some help. However, I haven't yet used the Notary service at https://notary.bitcoin.com/

Hopefully someone else reading here may be able to offer their thoughts.

Return to “Bitcoin Cash”