Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Re: I'm Andreas M. Antonopoulos, author of "Mastering Bitcoin", public speaker, podcaster and pundit. Ask Me Almost Anyt

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Andreas, great videos. One question - what are your expectations for total crypto market cap in 5, 10 years?

Will it ever reach $1 trillion?
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

gogandmog
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: I'm Andreas M. Antonopoulos, author of "Mastering Bitcoin", public speaker, podcaster and pundit. Ask Me Almost Anyt

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm

I am thinking about buying the book "Mastering Bitcoin" from amazon to support this. For an advanced bitcoin user/programmer, would this book this come to use?

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Andreas, where do you think cryptos are right now in the Gartner Hype Cycle?
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

don.swenson

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:01 pm

Hi I would like to know how bitcoin would be 'valued' if the official $ or any of the other official currencies are abolished. If the international currency system is RESET, then how would a bitcoin be 'valued' (objectively). I can not envision that bitcoin (being virtual) could stand alone as an objective currency? D

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi I would like to know how bitcoin would be 'valued' if the official $ or any of the other official currencies are abolished. If the international currency system is RESET, then how would a bitcoin be 'valued' (objectively). I can not envision that bitcoin (being virtual) could stand alone as an objective currency? D
Everything considered a "currency" has value because of trust.

If a vendor trusts that they can use the currency you're giving them to purchase something else, the currency will have value. If the vendor doesn't trust that someone else will be willing to accept the currency you're giving them, then they don't value it.

Typically, after any major economic shakeup like a currency collapse or reset, valuations of all other currencies and commodities will fluctuate, but eventually the trust will return to the market. Bitcoin would be valued at whatever price point people would be willing to accept it, simply because they trust everyone else would be willing to accept it as well.

The "value" of Bitcoin is in the immutability of the blockchain which is a guarantee of trust. Nothing "backs" it; it doesn't have "intrinsic value" and those who insist it should or else it's worthless, don't actually understand that money is firstly an idea. It's an idea that we can store up the proceeds of our labour to use it at a later date. Representing it physically with paper or precious metals was a good idea, but essentially we were just playing with toys.

Bitcoin takes the idea of money and burns away everything we don't need. It is a purer form of transactable value than we've ever had before.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”