noob.... GPUs switching off.

• Post reputation: 0

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:20 am

Hi all, complete noob.

bought myself some GTX 760 Ti's ... I know i'm never going to make megga money from these but I wanted to keep my entry costs down for the time being.

I'm having a few issues and coud do with some guidance please. I followed the MSI installation guide for setting this MoBo up for mining. I followed it to the letter. ... otherboard

My first problem is that i cannot get the system to boot up with anymore than 4 GPUs. as soon as i put the 5th or 6th in all i get is a blank screen. The LED on the monitor is green so i know there is some sort of signal going through but thats as far as it gets.

My second problem is even if i run the rig with just 4 GPUs it will only mine for a short period of time before crashing.

I started off with NiceHash becuase it seemed like a nice and straight forward way of getting into this but as soon as i walk away from the computer the system freezes and and requires a hard reboot.

I'm now trying awsome miner which after a few minutes tells me that:
ERROR: Looks like GPU1 are stopped. Restart attempt.
INFO: GPU1 are restarted.
CUDA: Device: 1 User selected solver: 0
CUDA: Device: 1 Thread exited with code: 46
ERROR: Looks like GPU0 are stopped. Restart attempt.
INFO: GPU0 are restarted.
ERROR: Looks like GPU3 are stopped. Restart attempt.
INFO: GPU3 are restarted.
ERROR: Looks like GPU2 are stopped. Restart attempt.

my rig:

Mobo: Z270 Pro
RAM: 16GB DDR4 (I know I don't need all this but I had it left over from something else)
PSU: 1000w BeQuite
GPU's: GTX 760 Ti 2048

any help much appreciated.

Return to “Mining hardware”