mongoose0614

Re: Simplex Exchange is a FRAUD

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:52 pm

I have been using coinbase, old circle, coinmama, bittrex so I can put more money in via credit card trans and I will say that simplex was the easiest deposit I have had.

They verified me, didn't limit my size to 250 or 750 and sent me several emails with status including wanting to make sure I received the bitc in my bittrex wallet.

They are not a fraud

Stevennickel

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BhwcS1oZC5iR5eB7YatnW9zxm6Lns53rA

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Simplex absolutely sucks! They "guarantee" your order to "process" in 24 hrs, but suggest you will receive your BTC purchase shortly after you order. Purchase 1 Nov. 2017

It's been almost ONE WEEK and all I have is $1000 charge on my account. Simplex is holding BTC for their own investments and releasing it in the value dips to their customers.

I could have made around 20% gains this week, but have missed good opportunities to sell! All I get for my livid emails are one-liner responses from their "customer service". They're quick to respond, but basically just say "Don't worry, we're only verifying your transactions." After 1 week all I've gotten is an offer to cancel my purchase if I would rather not wait for "verification" to complete. I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN INVOICE FOR MY PURCHASE! (Nor does blockchain show any activity to my wallet).

All of this on top of ridiculous purchase measures (photographing your credit card next to your face). 

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! 

Rest assured, BTC will crash long before I get mine.

Stevennickel

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BhwcS1oZC5iR5eB7YatnW9zxm6Lns53rA

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:05 pm

UPDATE: They saw my review on TrustPilot.com, responded and then sent a link to my email to re-upload verification documents (in "better" quality).

I literally scanned my Driver's License, front and back, and uploaded the photos to them JUST like last time. Immediately declined.

Well played Simplex, you held my investment for a week- assumed the profits, and then refunded me the original purchase against my will. I should sue for the difference + opportunity cost for those funds.

Salvy

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:51 am

I tried using simplex to buy some BTC about a week ago and was sorely disappointed. I don't believe that they are fraudulent, just really incompetent. By the time my order was processed, the value of BTC had changed by enough that the transaction was rejected. It's worth noting though that my credit card transaction only ever read as "purchase authorisation" as opposed to "credit card purchase" so I don't believe that Simplex actually had my money. The purchase authorisation has now disappeared from my credit card statement which is a relief.

Still, I missed a good opportunity for growth so I'm still pretty pissed.

They're not frauds, but they are a bunch of useless time-wasters.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Salvy

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:54 am

Oh, and that reply above from "Shocked" is so fucking fake that it makes me laugh.

discipuloosho

Donate BTC of your choice to 352B1GV1Zt8Byv286zj6noUcR8VCftMZtF

Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:12 pm

If transaction is declined, refund credit card money?

alex.anaya

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 am

I am worried this happened to me. Last night I purchsed $79.00 of bitcoin. Got an approval email asking me to click on a link to confirm I have received the product. I have not received the product and its been over 24 hours.

BE CAREFUL.

Will Update if / WHEN I get my bitcoin.

PS. I tried coinbase a few days ago and that went well except for the charges which seemed HUGE but my deposit was only $100 so I kinda get it.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:50 am

I am worried this happened to me. Last night I purchsed $79.00 of bitcoin. Got an approval email asking me to click on a link to confirm I have received the product. I have not received the product and its been over 24 hours.

BE CAREFUL.

PS. I tried coinbase a few days ago and that went well except for the charges which seemed HUGE but my deposit was only $100 so I kinda get it.
Hi Alex,

If you purchased from Simplex then your have purchased Bitcoin (BTC) coins, can you please double check that the address you gave them was indeed a BTC address and not a Bitcoin cash (BCH) address from your Bitcoin.com wallet.

To see your BTC wallet address history please follow the steps below:

1) Go to Settings > [Select your BTC wallet]

2) Tap on "More Options"

3) Select "Wallet Addresses"

4) Tap on "View All Addresses"

You will now be able to see all of the BTC wallet addresses associated with your wallet below. The addresses with an amount in green shows the amount that is available to spend in that particular address.

If you cannot see the address you gave Simplex then please repeat the above steps replacing BTC with BCH and look at your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) address history. If you have given them a BCH address you will need to go through the steps to recover the BTC from your BCH address.

If you have provided Simplex with a BCH address from your Bitcoin.com wallet then please follow the instruction on the following link to recover your BTC: https://walletsupport.bitcoin.com/artic ... bch-wallet

subbame

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 am

I purchased bitcoin for around $400 from changelly.com and I was taken to simplex.com for the payment. They deducted full amount but I have not received the same to my changelly.com account. I wrote to both of them 25 hours ago but they have not replied to my emails.

They both seems to be fraudulent. Kindly avoid them.

alex.anaya

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:25 pm

BE CAREFUL.

************ (UPDATE AT THE POTTOM OF THIS POST) *********** (UPDATE AT THE POTTOM OF THIS POST) ****************

Hi Alex,

If you purchased from Simplex then your have purchased Bitcoin (BTC) coins, can you please double check that the address you gave them was indeed a BTC address and not a Bitcoin cash (BCH) address from your Bitcoin.com wallet.

To see your BTC wallet address history please follow the steps below:

1) Go to Settings > [Select your BTC wallet]

2) Tap on "More Options"

3) Select "Wallet Addresses"

4) Tap on "View All Addresses"

You will now be able to see all of the BTC wallet addresses associated with your wallet below. The addresses with an amount in green shows the amount that is available to spend in that particular address.

If you cannot see the address you gave Simplex then please repeat the above steps replacing BTC with BCH and look at your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) address history. If you have given them a BCH address you will need to go through the steps to recover the BTC from your BCH address.

If you have provided Simplex with a BCH address from your Bitcoin.com wallet then please follow the instruction on the following link to recover your BTC: https://walletsupport.bitcoin.com/artic ... bch-wallet

=================================================================================================
I do not know who wrote this but thank you!!!
I finally found those Addresses Yesterday in settings.
Today, I restarted my wallet and my full bitcoin amount (Previous amount + SIMPLEX Transfer) was there!

I am going to pass this along to simplex support so perhaps they begin giving individuals in this situation some better reply than the pre-canned response I got 3 times in a row for 3 different questions which is uncomforting.
Conclusion is that the company is LEGIT but their lack of transparency throughout the process is not a good think for their business.
I am a total newbie to bitcoin transactions so I take fault for this rookie mistake.

Best Regards!

alex.anaya

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm

I purchased bitcoin for around $400 from changelly.com and I was taken to simplex.com for the payment. They deducted full amount but I have not received the same to my changelly.com account. I wrote to both of them 25 hours ago but they have not replied to my emails.

I had a similar issue with my bitcoin.com wallet and a simplex transaction. As it turned out for me, I found the money in my settings where I can view all my receiving addresses plus the amounts associated with them. If you have not checked all your receiving addresses yet somewhere in the settings of your wallet (which is different I presume). Its worth checking out.
Sorry I do not have instructions for you.

I would start with the support team of your wallet.

Bitcoin.com support team was excellent in helping me. AS well as this forum.....

raghav986

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Yes It is a scam.. My 2700$ stucked there

I have shared screenshots here scam-accusations/simplex-com-is-scam-st ... 61521.html

Simplex is scamming peoples. My 2700$ stuck there.. No one replies from there even

Check this link : https://www.trustpilot.com/review/simplex.com

If you are going to do transaction below 500$ they will process but larger transaction. They won't reply you even. See trustpilot.com reviews in last 24 hours. Soon they all be removed as well :cry:

I can share docs of purchase here even. Please be-aware guys ..

My payment id's

Simplex payment ID: 8b2342a2-4884-4c38-834c-8712be2e93d6
Simplex payment ID: db4f5df7-de09-4d78-87e6-d7633aa99ed2

For one transaction of 750$ i didn't even received ID from them but money got deducted. They don't reply at all

mtmemph

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Alex-
How long did it take to eventually get your Bitcoin in your Bitcoin.com wallet? How many days?

I have tried the process they suggested at least 10 times and not found the funds.

Simplex Team
Services
Services

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:38 am

Hello,

My name is Julia and I am the Head of Customer Support at Simplex.

I understand your frustration and will do my best to help you out!

First, I would like to assure you that Simplex is not a scam. We are a fully licensed financial institute in the EU, and take extreme measures to ensure the safety of all the transactions that are sent to us.

Please be informed that due to an extremely high transaction volume, there is a delay in the delivery of the Bitcoin you have recently purchased.

To help me locate your transaction and get to the bottom of what happened, please send me your transaction ID and I will personally investigate this case and contact you as soon as I have more information: julia@simplex.com

The transaction ID is the long string of numbers and letters that appear in any of the emails we sent you regarding your payment.

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanks for your patience in this matter.

Sincerely,

Julia Baker
Head of Customer Support
Simplex

nsuarez1972

Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:05 pm

I bought and paid with the simplex system and my wallet was never funded. Simplex has stolen 113.00 USD from me with no resolve

jahumada

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:04 pm

I wanted to exchange money from Changelly using my credit card, so I went through the process. I was taken to SIMPLEX API and entered my details; however I did not get to upload my picture holding the card for verification and decided to CANCEL the payment.

To my surprise, my money was WITHDRAWN regardless, I've checked with my bank and they have confirmed this.

I emailed support 13 hours ago and still waiting for someone to have the kindness to reply.

I received a follow up URL when I emailed support, however it does not go anywhere. I am also not allowed to login or register using my Changelly email address AND on top of that social media login does not work either. 

I am getting very anxious due to the large number of complaints, so I am wondering how long to wait for a payment reversal transaction before initiating a dispute through my bank; I did not buy any coins and ended up with a charge of $2,072.69 NZD on my credit card.

Payment cancellation email I received was as follows: 

Dear xxxx,
Your payment request from Changelly has been cancelled.
You chose to cancel the payment.
Simplex payment ID: aa16338a-a0e9-448d-b6f4-7e85bbfe0279 For more information, contact us at... or visit our FAQ section at simplex.com/ faq. Please do not try to reach Simplex's support using any other method (such as social media), as you might be mislead by imposters ... 

Should I hear from Simplex I'll let you all know by posting here and I am more than happy to amend my rating; at this stage this is purely based on the support I've received from them, and of course the unhappiness of my credit card being charged without having purchased anything

I'll appreciate any feedback from you guys. Cheers, Jose.

jahumada

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:38 pm

I had a similar issue with my bitcoin.com wallet and a simplex transaction. As it turned out for me, I found the money in my settings where I can view all my receiving addresses plus the amounts associated with them. If you have not checked all your receiving addresses yet somewhere in the settings of your wallet (which is different I presume). Its worth checking out.
Sorry I do not have instructions for you.

I would start with the support team of your wallet.

Bitcoin.com support team was excellent in helping me. AS well as this forum.....
I wanted to exchange money from Changelly using my credit card, so I went through the process. I was taken to SIMPLEX API and entered my details; however I did not get to upload my picture holding the card for verification and decided to CANCEL the payment.

To my surprise, my money was WITHDRAWN regardless, I've checked with my bank and they have confirmed this.

I emailed support 13 hours ago and still waiting for someone to have the kindness to reply.

I received a follow up URL when I emailed support, however it does not go anywhere. I am also not allowed to login or register using my Changelly email address AND on top of that social media login does not work either.

I am getting very anxious due to the large number of complaints, so I am wondering how long to wait for a payment reversal transaction before initiating a dispute through my bank; I did not buy any coins and ended up with a charge of $2,072.69 NZD on my credit card.

Payment cancellation email I received was as follows:

Dear xxxx,
Your payment request from Changelly has been cancelled.
You chose to cancel the payment.
Simplex payment ID: aa16338a-a0e9-448d-b6f4-7e85bbfe0279 For more information, contact us at... or visit our FAQ section at simplex.com/ faq. Please do not try to reach Simplex's support using any other method (such as social media), as you might be mislead by imposters ...

Should I hear from Simplex I'll let you all know by posting here and I am more than happy to amend my rating; at this stage this is purely based on the support I've received from them, and of course the unhappiness of my credit card being charged without having purchased anything

I'll appreciate any feedback from you guys. Cheers, Jose.

jmolinass839
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Really? is it a fraud?

jmolinass839
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:14 pm

:o :o Then you lose your money and there is no way to recover it?

Return to “Legal”