MauiDave

***DON'T USE BITGO !!!

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:38 pm

DO NOT USE BITGO EXCHANGE OR WALLET

I’ve been having a horrible experience with BitGo for the last 2 years. Their customer support has done everything they can to avoid assisting me recover funds in my BitGo wallet.

In October of 2015, I left a couple hundred dollars in my BitGo wallet after a transaction, then completely forgot about it, as I temporarily lost interest in the whole bitcoin thing. A year ago, as I got interested again, I remembered about these funds there and started the process to move them to my new wallet.

For some reason, totally unknown to me, I no longer had the password for my wallet, none of my usual ones worked. Even stranger, I didn’t have the original email from them when I opened up my account. This is very unusual for me, as I keep EVERYTHING, especially something as important as the email and passcode that was sent to me at the time. None the less, after searching everything electronic and the entire house, neither was anywhere to be found.

I contacted BitGo support, told them I lost my password and keycard. They said there was nothing they could do, but to contact Wallet Recovery Services. So, I did, but at the time, never heard back from them. I told BitGo this, but they said there was nothing they could do. At the time it still wasn’t worth that much and figured I’d deal with it when I got some more time.

Cut to a year later, and obviously, it’s worth a lot more, so I started trying again. Contacted BitGo support. They told me the same thing. They couldn’t help me, but to contact WRS. Dave at Wallet Recovery Services, this time was extremely helpful and we started the process for him to try to break the code. After a couple weeks, he was unable to, so I contacted BitGo support and updated them.

At this point, they said they WOULD NOT send me the original email, even though it’s the same account and account holder. I’m really having trouble understanding why they wouldn’t resend the original email to the same account holder and email. This would have solved all the problems. They said they needed the information in that email or they wouldn’t help me. Why would they not send the original account holder at the original email address (they could see from Whois that it’s the same person)? WTF?

I sent 3 emails to them. (That’s THREE) and got totally ignored until they responded and suggested now, that they pass it along to someone else they’re working with, Keyternal. That was now a week ago. All they needed was for me to open up a new wallet AT BITGO, that I could transfer these funds into, and my wallet identifier (which I do have). Anyways, did that a couple weeks ago. NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN.

I’ve now sent 6 (thats SIX) emails to BitGo asking for help and asking what happened with this new recovery service and can they contact them and see what’s going on. NOT ONE RESPONSE. TOTALLY IGNORED.

So, here I am, with nowhere to go and BitGo completely refusing to even answer my emails, let alone help me get my funds out of my BitGo wallet. I’m wondering what their ulterior motive is here. I told them that if they kept refusing to respond to me, I would share my experience on user forums and comment sections on every site I could, hoping no one else would have to go through this bullshit with BitGo.

There it is. Your warning! Get your money out and don’t buy anything else from BitGo, unless you want to risk losing it all and not getting one bit of help from BitGo.

Return to “Wallets”