Forum rules
Due to incessant ICO threads being posted in this sub-forum, all ICO Announcement threads must be posted only within the 'ICO Announcements' sub-forum; posting ICO threads here in Altcoins is no longer permitted. Any ICO threads posted here will be moved, and continuing to flout the rules will result in your account being banned.

Bitcoin.com is not responsible for any of the ICO's posted or promoted on this forum.
Users are responsible for their own safety and security on any link they choose to click on, or external site they wish to engage with.

None of the ICO's linked anywhere on this forum are endorsed by Bitcoin.com; users must do their own due diligence on any company / site linked to within this forum.
tokeweed
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16qBn6PubA1L6T75TKZrd7VQUzTBJ7FmXf

Will altcoin scams be more controlled here?

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Hey mods,

As all of you know, it's a free for all at bitcointalk.org as far as altcoin scams are concerned. No censorship in their publicity drive on that site whatsoever. I'm asking... Will it be different here? I hope this site will be run better as far as blocking useless alts and altcoin pump and dumps are concerned. Letting those scumbag devs stay out of here would be great.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Will altcoin scams be more controlled here?

Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Hey mods,

As all of you know, it's a free for all at bitcointalk.org as far as altcoin scams are concerned. No censorship in their publicity drive on that site whatsoever. I'm asking... Will it be different here? I hope this site will be run better as far as blocking useless alts and altcoin pump and dumps are concerned. Letting those scumbag devs stay out of here would be great.
Hi tokeweed,

Welcome to the new bitcoin forum.
If you are the same tokeweed from bitcointalk then i would suggest that you post a signed btc or PGP message in this thread:
topic440.html

Because you are a long time and trusted user on the other forum it would help if you could please confirm that you are the same person.
We are trying to have all members here that use the same ID on both forums to confirm they are the same via signed message to try keep the scammers away.
It is designed to benefit the whole community so please don't take this personally.

Now as for your question regarding alt coins, this is a bitcoin forum not altcoin forum so i would be happy to leave that section out altogether but as there will always be members into both then i would be happy to let the major altcoin subthreads run but i would not want to see any altcoin trading going on.
We must learn from BCT because as you mentioned it's nothing but scam central over there.

I will bring this up in my next PM to Roger Ver and update the forum as to what we will decide to do regarding altcoin trading on this forum.

Regards. Bitkilo.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

aigeezer

Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:24 pm

Another side to this coin (sorry) is whether there will be any control of the known trolls who regularly harass some of the altcoin forums at BCT. For example, the Dash forum at BCT draws a small toxic group of them, one of whom just announced his intention on BCT to do the same here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... sg12582456

They may or may not all be sock puppets of one person, as they tend to appear and leave at about the same time.

Anyway, it would be great to see a forum without scamcoins and without trolls, but the devil is in the details as always.

tungfa
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19j972c9zC2Gg7VGdSt6ujkCqvo2EBtj63

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:51 am

hey guys
i just started doing the 1st posts in the Dash section (i am from the Dev Team)
and i was actually wondering the same, what happens if ... all the trolls follow us here ?

as you know we are on a constant attack on BCT from monero + SDC and whoever trolls (Adam White and all the douchbags)
any idea how to control this here ?

tx

qwizzie
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:49 pm

I have noticed that we can not make moderated topics ourself and also can not put users on ignore,
this will be an interesting experience for a lot of us :|

btc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm

I have noticed that we can not make moderated topics ourself and also can not put users on ignore,

oh but you can ignore users!

go to your control panel

click > friends and foes

click > manage foes

????

PROFIT

qwizzie
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:43 pm

oh but you can ignore users!

go to your control panel

click > friends and foes

click > manage foes

????

PROFIT
Thanks for that tip btc, i didn't notice it was in the control panel section.

Return to “Altcoins / Alternative Cryptocurrencies”