luana.berbec

I entered the wrong address for BCH instead of BTC

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Hello,
It's my first transaction, I bought bitcoins on bitcoin.com with my card but in the "bitcoin address" field I entered an address from my BCH wallet. The transaction is valid, Simplex sent me a confirmation email that the payment request has been approved. I still don't have any amount of bitcoin in my wallet.

I don't know now if they will be recieved as BCH or BTC...Please help me if I made a mistake somewhere, maybe I didn't understand right the payment process regarding the bitcoin addresses :cry:

nektar_1

Re: I entered the wrong address for BCH instead of BTC

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:32 pm

Same Happened to me Please Help !! :-(

bertbuitenhuis

Donate BTC of your choice to 15Dtw9Z7X7KbcMcbaQP7z1FRM424fHKF9J

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Someone payed some bitcoins on my BCH address, on which I never received anything. Is it possible to refund it?

nektar_1

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 am

I found this from "Keergoor" and it work for me :-)

This worked for me and im useing bitcoin phone app.

I accidentally sent BTC to my BCH wallet

Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash are two entirely separate cryptocurrencies and they operate on two entirely separate blockchains. This means that Bitcoin (BTC) sent to an address on the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) blockchain will never appear nor be present on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain. Because both BTC and BCH share a similar address format, it is possible to accidentally send a Bitcoin (BTC) transaction to a BCH address, but the funds will only exist on the BTC chain.

Note that in the Bitcoin.com wallet you can set up both a Bitcoin (BTC) sub-wallet and a Bitcoin Cash (BCH) sub-wallet.

Please follow the instructions below to retrieve the BTC from your BCH wallet:

Press "Home" in bottom left

Press the "+" sign on the right of "Bitcoin (BTC) wallets"

Create personal wallet. Enter a name for the wallet, for example "BTC recovery wallet"

Turn on Bitcoin (BTC)

Show advanced options

Change “Random” to “Specify Recovery Phrase”

Enter your BCH wallet's recovery phrase (you can get it from Settings > [Name of your BCH wallet] > Backup)

Make sure "Single address wallet” are turned OFF. You don't need to change the derivation path.

Create wallet. If you get an error “Error creating wallet: Key already associated with an existing wallet”, continue to step 10 and select your existing BTC wallets instead of the newly created "recovery wallet" then follow the rest of the steps.

If no error is shown go to Settings > [BTC recovery wallet] > More Options > Wallet Addresses

Tap 'Unused Addresses' at least 20 times / until you get an "Empty addresses limit reached" message

Tap 'Scan addresses for funds'

Your Bitcoin (BTC) will now appear in your BTC recovery or existing BTC wallet.

firmanfire

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NS3TN6x1tqqeqPc3vhY6iS759Yi3hN6nu

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:02 pm

how i can get 12 pharse in vip.bitcoin.co.id there are no facility to access that??

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:08 am

Maybe some address format change should be in order to prevent this in future.
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Erica_wil88
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:37 am

I agree that some address format change should be in order to prevent this in future. It happens a lot and I myself almost had the same mistake when i was just starting.

Return to “Bitcoin Cash”