Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
milan.tiwari

Re: I'm Sam Lee, CEO of Bitcoin Group, Ask Me Anything :)

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi lee,
I have transfered my BTC from coinbase to bitcoin.com wallet. Unfortunately the address I used was of personal wallet BCH instead of personal wallet BTC. Is there any problem because of using BCH address to receive BTC from other server.

Thormpatzidis Theoharis

Donate BTC of your choice to 17ifRM4MnzTR7E6xtnUaUDcL8eb79NvkkB

Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Greetings from Greece

My name is Haris and here is my story

3 years ago i made my first bitcoin
with that i want it to buy some things from fasttech...i pay with bitcoin
for some how the order was canceled and they refund me to an wrong bitcoin adress!
the whole amount of this refund i can see it in the blockchain...
i have the transactions ID (mine and them) and fully proves of our messages of cource with detail dates
what can i do to get them back?
how can i get some help here?

please tell me something...i am desperate

thank you for your time

Utopia10

Donate BTC of your choice to jf021977gmailcommunication

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:02 pm

my bitcoin wallet app is not showing any transactions and shows a balance of ZERO...

Im using the Bitcoin app on my iphone.

Is there something im not doing properly ???

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Here is a question - how many forks do you approximate will Bitcoin have at end of 2018?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

frank.carr

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:18 pm

I have a very serious question.... I purchase (I think) $20(or maybe$50) I'm pretty sure it was $20 in Bitcoin back in 2011 when this all started and I have tried and tried to find out to recover this info, BUT HOW IF POSSIBLE DO I GET MY OLD Bitcoin??? Is there anyway to do this? PLEASE advise if you have any ideas, Thanks

torkjoh

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi, Sam, I have also sent this question to Roger Ver and Stephen Pair, but I’d like your opinion as well as an expert. I’ve done som serious research on exchanges for buing, storing and withdrawal crypto. I find it almost impossible to find a solid and trustwurthy exchange without negative experiences from users. Especially withdrawal theses days. I use Trezor for storing, and evaluating Ledger Nano S as a second wallet, but its really hard to find exchanges to trust AND withdraw the crypto without problems with transactions. I have solutions for Bitcoin and Ethereum but altcoins is the main problem. Poloniex, Bittrex, and a really great number of other exchanges just get negative feedback nowadays and lots of users are screaming about the withdrawal problems.
Mostly I notice inputs like scams, keep out, dont use, Unserious, I cant get my money, no support, and so on.
Really frustrating. I just want to buy different altcoins at an exchange and transfer them to my hard wallet without any problems. I also want a wallet to store Golum GNT which I find diffucult. Even the MyEtherWallet system and Exodus desktop storage has negative feedback.
Any recommendation for solid exchanges with only positive experiences and feedback not holding you awake at night ?
Thank you for reading this post and Please advice
JT

Flornet

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EHpPhYD3shuMhihSZEFdwUkGTTmyw2qVt

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 pm

hi,
I ordered 0.04526923 bitcoin yesterday with Mybtc.ca . I still not received them?
how long will it take to see them in my wallet?
Thanks

Musharraf Ali

Donate BTC of your choice to 1P2f37NjNth4LPhcubDp6hJ3pnrCARYKhP

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 am

Dear Mr Sam Lee,

I hope you're doing well, I'm writing this email with hopes. My name is Ali and I'm an orphan. It's my dream to study Marketing in UK. But as I'm an orphan and I live by myself I cannot afford it. I'm writing this email to you with a hope of donations for my studies. I don't want you give me any bitcoins I'm requesting you to donate my studies and I'll be ever grateful to you for my entire life.

I wish you achieve your dreams the vision you have for your future.

I wait for a response from you
This is my email
mdmusharrafali@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards
Ali

MihaKav??i??

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 am

Hi they send me 0.1 BTC but i dodent recive it.It was weryfide
Withdrawal successful

You have just received 0.1 BTC
And has been credited to your wallet

15CksTSx2YkW15A1E1hTpdi83ZHn82fyBT

What is wrong

snofte

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 am

I am a complete nerwbie to mining. Have started Claymore miner gp zcash. In zwal param I shall give
wallet address (=public key ??). Found address in bitcoin core 0.15.1, it starts with a "G", and gave it to Zwal.
But I thought mining addresses should start with 0 or 1, and that these are much longer than the mentioned
G-adress mention. Could you ps explain ?
Also, how does the mining pool keep track of my shares ? Via the address in Zwal ?
A reply would be much appreciated.
regards
erik,ween@vikenfiber.no

energy4family

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 am

Hello,

Question about BTC Lend, doublers etc

What are it? Scam, safely multiply, double the BTC..

Is it a fraud or a reliable tool for the multiplication of the bitcoins?

For example:
https://bitcoindoubler.expert/

Good Luck! Waiting reply!

Osso

V9944

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:32 am

can someone tell me how can i contact them. their support are totally non existence
I have an issue where my coins are gone 2 months ago . wrote to them a few times no replies after the tickets.
3 days back send me an email saying they are busy and ask me for the detail of the incident. I asked them didnt i sent u guys a few mails and also at the time of the issue? how would u want me to give every detail. ?
Then 2 days back. My platform have an issue,
1. the values of the graph, the txs , the tradeview page all giveae me different value of 400 -600 points different. sent them an mail. same as before . auto reply and nothing else . Later part i cant claim my positions, i cant close my positions and also mobile api dont show the position. i was out at that time so i use my mobile api. My funds are all wiped off. now , the mobile api , the desktop show values of almost 20 times differenrt pricing.

How could i get them ?
they are really getting on my nerve. Withdrawal will never be done even 12 hours wait. Ripple ?> aint it almost instant?
I am a cancer patient. as i cant work i am trying abit of my luck to earn some money. I waited for them and email them i need the money for my chemo theraphy, till now theres no reply at all

mossie258

Donate BTC of your choice to 1HSXsjvoohLSZexq3mdCpKkciSG9tUPkGQ

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:05 pm

hi,
i have a question. I wanted to send bitcoins to an adress to sell them. but when i use the app i can't select an adress it goes to. It just goes to ''personal adres'' and I can't change that. Now it's send but idk where to. So can i cancel this transaction? I've made it 3 minutes ago.

mbaaqeel

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:39 am

Hi Mr.Sam

Hello and good day.

We own store(website) , how we can make our customer buy the product by bitcoins?

Thank you.

roman.timofeev

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Привет подари мне пожалуйста 3 биткоина всего, мне этого хватит чтобы купить себе жилье. Больше мне и не надо заранее спасибо. Моя почта thewayhomeroma@gmail.com мой биткоин кашелек 1iY9goYN8sLS29hB9HYctv37argWkcsUd

itzsiddharth

Donate BTC of your choice to 1ApcokxbsVhuGK6WrbAVZymTrkEVu145w8

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Dear Lee, I bought bitcoin from bitcoin.com and provided my wallet address of bitconnect.co.........my payment status is approve as per the mail that i received from the payment gateway, however, the bitcoins are still not credited to my account. How to track the transaction.

Thanks,
Siddharth

Swifter

Donate BTC of your choice to 1P2uHDFstgHbx1Pjc1g1KUNBAhr9Y64JF5

Transaction problem

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 am

Good day. Yesterday I registered your wallet and made a purchase of bitcoins, but it took a day and nothing was displayed in my wallet, my adress 1P2uHDFstgHbx1Pjc1g1KUNBAhr9Y64JF5.
Please help to understand the situation. I made a purchase through bitcoin24.com.ua. The transaction was approved by blockchain and bitcoins were send in to my adress but the wallet still empty. I will be grateful for your help.

iceylobster

Donate BTC of your choice to Iceylobsterstayhungry

Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:58 pm

How can someone get involved with this company? Aside from opening a wallet, i would like to get involved in the future as much as i can. I firmly believe in the premise and how it is changing the world already. I feel it can open a lot of doors for people everywhere. I am not a programmer/developer and not rich so i cant help on that end of the spectrum. However, if i could help on more of the brick and mortar/ logistical/planning/ or exposure end i would volunteer.

Gary2017

Donate BTC of your choice to 1J97ebb9jNx61kFLxnkA2Q9PxDcYsEgieA

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Well you invited me to ask you anything.? Here we go on 12/06/2017 my wife created a bitcoin.com wallet on her iphone.

On 12/07/2017 I sent her .02 BTC from my coinbase account, however it has not show up in her wallet.

I created a backup wallet on her PC still not there.

On the blockchain, I see the transaction sitting there, saying unspent 0.02.

Can you please help me get her funds to her wallet.?

pwhiteme

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi,
I am new to crypto currency, as most are today, and am interested in trying to get in and use this new system. I went to buy Bitcoin in town and one place was closed until January 2, and the Bitcoin ATM machine at another place would only take $100 bills. I am lower middle class and just do not walk around with bills this size in my wallet. I looked for an app to use my debit card with which to buy Bitcoins and found Coinbase. They charged me a very small exchange fee for purchasing $50 worth of Bitcoins, acceptable and quick. I then transferred it to The Bitcoin app and was charged $28.92 to transfer this amount of money?! Ouch, to say the least. Started with $50 and now have $17. As a businessman would you try to invest or purchase anymore Bitcoins via Bitcoin again under these circumstances? Do you know of anyway for me to get back some of that 28.92 transaction fee?
Sincerely,
Patrick White

Mybit2buy

Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Hello Sam,

I'm new to the bitcoin world and have many questions about how to use it to buy and sell coins. I have opened few accounts with different exchanges, one in particular is "Coinbase". I have also opened an account with this other exchange called BINANCE" as this exchange has various other exchanges in it that I can't find in Coinbase. This exchange allows you to buy and sell coins in BNB, BTC, ETH and the USDT who have all the different coins under those exchanges. This exchange appears to be very convenient and has many available options in buying different coins, as an example; "ADABTC" coin that The Coinbase exchange doesn't seem to show in it's platform eventhogh it has the main BTC.

As I said in the outset, I'm very new to Bitcoin and most of this might be confusing you as I'm not sure if I'm explaining the details correctly in describing what I I'm looking for and if what I'm asking makes sense. Hoping it does. Perhaps you can somehow make sense of what my issues and confusions are in this and help me through this.

So, in end I wanted your help in getting through this initial process and let me know what are your thoughts about "BINANCE" exchange and if they are any good or trustworthy.

Thank you in advance
Sharo

freeman123

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi sam .. and thanks.. I bought btc but still didn’t arrive.. what’s the reason please??

rdavies1990

Donate BTC of your choice to rdavies1990123456789

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:05 am

Hi, I was hoping someone could help with a question I have?

about a week ago I made a payment from my bitcoin wallet however I did not have the sufficient funds to pay the the recommended miners fee. I changed it to a custom fee, so I was able to pay the amount required. What I would like to know is does anyone know how long it takes for the payment to be processed?

I appreciate any help or feedback people may have! Thank you!

freeman123

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:07 am

excuse me samlee .. but i sent 500$ from my MasterCard and I didn’t receive it in my wallet.. please what’s the reason??
1L4e5DUHsD5vcbV3AbbVh6bYWQWEthvqmR this address i sent it before 4 days !! Thanks all

gilesmatt

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:39 am

I purchased $500 in Bitcoin in November and I have not been to see the bit coin in my wallet. Is tech support? Thanks
Matt Giles

zenande

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 am

Hi

How can i get the TXid of a bitcoin transaction that was done successfully from bitcoin.com wallet to a poloniex account?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated

rockum
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 3Dcau86uptFiDjZTFmF9trvJ9MLXXMownu

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Hello sir, I would like to ask you about your opinion on the cloud-mining site, whether it is any one you trust, thank you for answering.
Hellooo.. :)

My post with more as 20links on the site https://goo.gl/VEQRi4

M Panchal

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:04 am

Hi Sam, i'm in a bit of a crappy situation. In 2009 I sent a donation to the bitcoin platform and in return I was sent some bitcoins to a @hotmail.com email address. I hadnt accessed that email address since 2010 and now microsoft have told me that the email address and content had been deleted about 3 years ago. Recently someone set up a new account with my old email address. Is there anything that you guys might be able to do to help me ge those bitcoin back?

Best regards,

Mitesh

M Panchal

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi Sam, i'm in a bit of a crappy situation. In 2009 I sent a donation to the bitcoin platform and in return I was sent some bitcoins to a @hotmail.com email address. I hadnt accessed that email address since 2010 and now microsoft have told me that the email address and content had been deleted about 3 years ago. Recently someone set up a new account with my old email address. Is there anything that you guys might be able to do to help me ge those bitcoin back?

Best regards,

Mitesh

mdidonato1

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:01 am

So question... I was watch a bitcoin documentary on Netflix and they were explaining how bitcoin cannot be hacked like banks can, targets, Home Depots, etc... due to the fact that theirs just too many computers, etc.... SO my question is if bitcoin cannot be hacked like they say, then how did North Korea end up hacking them....?

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”