eees12112

BLOCKCHAIN WALLET SCAM

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi,

I have a wallet with blockchain. I recently sent 800 dollars of bitcoin cash to a bitcoin address by mistake. I assumed since the addresses were the same, and since both currencies say, "bitcoin" in their name, that the currencies were interchangeable. I was wrong!

I have attempted to CONTACT BLOCKCHAIN FOR SEVERAL DAYS NOW, and they never respond to my email. I am getting the feeling that they don't care to help me at this point. I have sent them an email every 2 days for the past 10 days now, and nothing! I have even set up new accounts in the hopes that they would answer me and still nothing.

The wallet I sent the bitcoin cash to is telling me that they don't have it. They are telling me they do not accept bitcoin cash, and when I search the address I sent it to I can see the money is still there, and it has not been moved, so I believe them when they tell me they don't have it. Or , if they do at least they have not tried to access it yet.

The company I sent the money to told me to contact blochain (the wallet I sent my money from) and ask them to cancel the transaction on their end. They are telling me that they cannot find the money in their system, and that I need blockchain to cancel the transaction on their end.

When I go online it appears that if I don't own the private keys of the wallet I sent my money to I am screwed, and I don't. Is there anything I can do. Can blockchain help me or are they ignoring me because they plan on keeping the money. I keep receiving different responses. I am told by some that the money is lost. I am told by others that If I can get blockcain to work with me I can retrieve the money. The only problem with BLOCKCHAIN IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE, AND THEY NEVER RESPOND. IT HAS BEEN 10 DAYS NOW, AND NOTHING. I AM ALSO READING IN THE FORUMS THAT BLOCKCHAIN IS DOING THIS A LOT. THAT THEY ARE IGNORING (PURPOSELY) CUSTOMERS EMAILS WITH REGARDS TO ANY TYPE OF LOST COINS SITUATION.

Can you help me since BLOCKCHAIN HAS DECIDED TO IGNORE ME, AND PURPOSELY SCAM MYSELF, THEIR CUSTOMER! Yes, yes, yes... I know this is my fault, and if they cannot help me then yes maybe I scammed myself, BUT THE REASON I SAY BLOCKCHAIN WALLET IS A SCAM IS BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO TALK TO ME? THEY HAVE NOT ATTEMPTED TO RESPOND TO ME NOR COMMUNICATE WITH ME. No company should ever do this.

CAN YOU HELP ME RECOVER MY LOST COINS WITH BLOCKCHAIN WALLETS?

Thank you,

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: BLOCKCHAIN WALLET SCAM

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi,

I have a wallet with blockchain. I recently sent 800 dollars of bitcoin cash to a bitcoin address by mistake. I assumed since the addresses were the same, and since both currencies say, "bitcoin" in their name, that the currencies were interchangeable. I was wrong!...

Are you referring to a Blockchain.info wallet?

If so, they are not a scam. Moreover, please be careful when throwing around scam accusations. Your accusation is going to remain online for years to come and read by many.

Some parts of your post a little difficult to follow, For example, "The wallet I sent the bitcoin cash to is telling me that they don't have it. They are telling me they do not accept bitcoin cash, and when I search the address I sent it to I can see the money is still there, and it has not been moved, so I believe them when they tell me they don't have it. Or , if they do at least they have not tried to access it yet."

In any event, and regardless of that, it appears that (based on what you've stated throughout your post) you've sent Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to your Blockchain.info Bitcoin (BTC) address. Is that correct?

eees12112

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:09 am

The reason I have referred to this as a scam is because I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET THEIR ATTENTION. I have sent in multiple requests over the past 10 days. The first 6 days they were patient requests, but I must admit after receiving no response what else am I to think? If they don't want to respond to my request I can only assume the worst, and that is they do not want to locate my funds? I did not yell "scam" the first day. I have given this company 8 chances to respond to my requests, and nothing. Oh wait... they responded once by marking my requests as completed, but their was not response, and the issue was not taken care of?

Here is what happen...

I sent bitcoin cash to a bitcoin wallet. The company that I sent the bitcoin cash to does not accept bitcion cash. I got mixed up with the addresses being the same for Bitcion and bitcoin cash. I have been in talks with the company i sent the bitcoin cash to, and they do not have the funds. Since their system does not support bitcoin cash the money is in limbo. I need blockchain to cancel the transaction on their end so that the money is returned into my wallet.

I have sent them request for 10 days now. Yes. I wait 24 hours before I send a new request, and no one has done a thing to fix this. Actually I waited 96 hours before I sent in my 2nd request.

It seems like the only time these companies tend to care is when their reputation is on the line otherwise they ignore you. At least that is what I am currently experiencing with BlockChain Wallet.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:23 am

The reason I have referred to this as a scam is because I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET THEIR ATTENTION. I have sent in multiple requests over the past 10 days. The first 6 days they were patient requests, but I must admit after receiving no response what else am I to think? If they don't want to respond to my request I can only assume the worst, and that is they do not want to locate my funds? I did not yell "scam" the first day. I have given this company 8 chances to respond to my requests, and nothing. Oh wait... they responded once by marking my requests as completed, but their was not response, and the issue was not taken care of?

Here is what happen...

I sent bitcoin cash to a bitcoin wallet. The company that I sent the bitcoin cash to does not accept bitcion cash. I got mixed up with the addresses being the same for Bitcion and bitcoin cash. I have been in talks with the company i sent the bitcoin cash to, and they do not have the funds. Since their system does not support bitcoin cash the money is in limbo. I need blockchain to cancel the transaction on their end so that the money is returned into my wallet.

I have sent them request for 10 days now. Yes. I wait 24 hours before I send a new request, and no one has done a thing to fix this. Actually I waited 96 hours before I sent in my 2nd request.

It seems like the only time these companies tend to care is when their reputation is on the line otherwise they ignore you. At least that is what I am currently experiencing with BlockChain Wallet.
What do you mean by, "The company that I sent the bitcoin cash to does not accept bitcion cash."

What company is that?

eees12112

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 pm

I sent bitcoin cash to a company that only accepts bitcoin. They do not accept bitcoin cash. They are 2 different currencies?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 pm

I sent bitcoin cash to a company that only accepts bitcoin. They do not accept bitcoin cash. They are 2 different currencies?
Well, it must not have been a Blockchain.info wallet because they do support both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.

You keep referring to your to the wallet as you 'blockchain wallet.' Moreover, when asked to confirm which wallet you are using to just keep referring it as either your 'blockchain wallet' or you ignore the question.

In any event, please be more responsible with your money. Please don't send BTC to a BCH address and please don't send BCH to a BTC address.

eees12112

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 pm

blockchain supports bitcoin cash and bitcoins. Where do you get they don't support it from? Blockchain supports the following 3 currencies. Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, and ethereum. I don't know if you have a wallet or not, but I am sure of it. View this link:

https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us ... in-wallet-

For clarification. I have a wallet with blockchain. Blockchain supports the aforementioned 3 currencies I listed above as proven by the link I have shared with you. I sent bitcoin cash from my blockchain wallet to another wallet (from another company) that only accepts bitcoin. The address format for bitcoin and bitcoin cash to send funds are identical. If you read online you will see that many people have made this mistake because the addresses are identical, but the currencies are completely different from one another.

The name of the company I sent bitcoin cash to is irrelevant. I don't understand why that even matters. All that matters is the company I sent bitcoin cash to does not support bitcoin cash. The only accept bitcoin. I assumed because the address format was the same that you could sen bitcoin cash to anyone who accepts bitcoins, and I was wrong. When the fork took place and bitcoin cash was formed they decided to leave the address format the same, and this has confused a lot of people. I am one of them. Even though the transaction appears to go through it does not because the receiver does not accept bitcoin cash which is a completely different currency from bitcoins.

Once again, I have sent several emails to blockchain support for the past 12 days now, and they have not responded. NOT EVEN ONE TIME. When I contacted the company I sent the bitcoin cash to they informed me that I need to contact my original wallet (blockchain), and ask them to cancel the transaction. When I research the funds they are still siting their idle. I know the money has not been stolen by them. Furthermore, when I research online (since there are tons of people who have made this mistake) I have found out that I need the transaction cancelled in order to have the funds returned to my wallet. I need blockchain to cancel the transaction on their end. No one from blockchain has contacted me. Heck even if the money is lost (which I don't believe it is) Blockchain has a responsibility to contact their customers.

PS: You broadcast-ed yourself on this forum as a pro. The fact that you think blockchain does not support bitcoin cash is crazy. Furthermore, to think that by me not revealing the name of the company I sent the funds to means I am hiding something is ridiculous. The name is irrelevant. How does this fix anything?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 pm

blockchain supports bitcoin cash and bitcoins. Where do you get they don't support it from? Blockchain supports the following 3 currencies. Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, and ethereum. I don't know if you have a wallet or not, but I am sure of it. View this link: ...
You're the one that said that they didn't.

It appears that you are having trouble with English.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 pm

I suggest taking responsibility for your actions.

First you make scam accusations and then you attack those trying to help you.

Moreover, nobody here asked you where you sent from.

If you don't understand English very well that's fine but please don't pretend that you do and then start making scam accusations and attacking those who are trying to help you.

If you have trouble understanding the words that you are writing and reading that is your problem. It's not mine.

Here's your statement: "I sent bitcoin cash to a company that only accepts bitcoin. They do not accept bitcoin cash."

Here's my reply: "Well, it must not have been a Blockchain.info wallet because they do support both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash."

Where do you see me stating that Blockchain.info does not support Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash?

Lastly, it's still not very clear exactly what you're writing about as your word salad posts are chock full of contradictions.

eees12112

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 am

sorry misunderstood your response... I sent bitcoin cash from a blockchain wallet to another company that only accepts bitcoins. The company I sent bitcoins too does not accept bitcoin cash.

Yes I will use the word SCAM left and right regarding BLOCKCHAIN. When a company does not respond to their customers emails, and there are money issues. Then it is a scam. BLOCKCHAIN IS A SCAM. period!

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:19 am

sorry misunderstood your response... I sent bitcoin cash from a blockchain wallet to another company that only accepts bitcoins. The company I sent bitcoins too does not accept bitcoin cash.

Yes I will use the word SCAM left and right regarding BLOCKCHAIN. When a company does not respond to their customers emails, and there are money issues. Then it is a scam. BLOCKCHAIN IS A SCAM. period!
It's alright, no problem.

(1) Blockchain.info hasn't done anything inappropriate. I'm sorry, they are not responsible for individuals sending BTC to BCH addresses. Moreover, they wont be able to help you.

(2) Bitcoin (and Bitcoin Cash) is an irreversible payment system by design so it is not possible to reverse or cancel a sent transaction.

(3) Yes, it's possible to use the same address for both BTC and BCH but you'll need the private key for that address (the keys are the same on both chains).

(4) What you've done is send your Bitcoin Cash to a Bitcoin Cash address which is identical to the BItcoin address that you sent to. Please check the address that you sent to by using this explorer: https://blockchair.com/ and you should see your BCH at that address.

(5) You'll need to contact the company that you sent the BCH (Bitcoin Cash) to. Ask them about their cross chain recovery policy. Explain to them that you've sent BCH to the BTC address. They are in a position to help you. They should have the private key for the BTC address (which is the same private key for the BCH chain).

If you have additional questions please let us know.

Return to “Wallets”