funknor

iPhone Upgrade - can I just use the iPhone backup for my wallet?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:15 pm

I currently use the Bitcoin.com app with an older iPhone 6. As I am contemplating to upgrade to iPhone X, would the normal backup/restore process for iPhone upgrades also restore my wallet into the new iPhone? Or do I need to do something else?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: iPhone Upgrade - can I just use the iPhone backup for my wallet?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:57 pm

I currently use the Bitcoin.com app with an older iPhone 6. As I am contemplating to upgrade to iPhone X, would the normal backup/restore process for iPhone upgrades also restore my wallet into the new iPhone? Or do I need to do something else?
You will need the 12 word backup phrase from your Bitcoin.com wallet.

yanndegrendel

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:01 pm

HELP !!!!!
I'm sorry I don't know where to post, I am knew to this site and it's very hard to contact someone

I have a big big problem, I lost 2 031,951 dollars ! 0.122 bitcoins !
I sent Bitcoins to my wallet (address : 1HCQFDTuBg9dWfBWBj5TwX4HzXFPdQip1L) but never received them, so what can I do ? Can someone do Something about it ?

Check the blockhain transaction here : https://cashexplorer.bitcoin.com/addres ... zXFPdQip1L

It says it was completed but my bitcoin wallet balance is still at o,oo BTC !

Please help me !
Yann from France

Contact me yanndegrendel@outlook.fr

funknor

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:14 pm

You will need the 12 word backup phrase from your Bitcoin.com wallet.
I was hoping it is as easy as such. This helps a lot. Thanks

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:08 pm

HELP !!!!!
I'm sorry I don't know where to post, I am knew to this site and it's very hard to contact someone

I have a big big problem, I lost 2 031,951 dollars ! 0.122 bitcoins !
I sent Bitcoins to my wallet (address : 1HCQFDTuBg9dWfBWBj5TwX4HzXFPdQip1L) but never received them, so what can I do ? Can someone do Something about it ?

Check the blockhain transaction here : https://cashexplorer.bitcoin.com/addres ... zXFPdQip1L

It says it was completed but my bitcoin wallet balance is still at o,oo BTC !

Please help me !
Yann from France

Contact me yanndegrendel@outlook.fr
Did you send them to the bitcoin.com wallet, or somewhere else? Since you are posting here, I'm going to assume you are using the bitcoin.com wallet.

Can you check to see if the address belongs to your wallet? To do this, go to Settings, then select your Wallet (if you have more than one, please do this step as many times as you have wallets - check both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash wallets). Go to More Options, click on Wallet Addresses, click on View All Addresses, and make sure that your address (1HCQFDTuBg9dWfBWBj5TwX4HzXFPdQip1L) is in at least one of them (could be both in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash).

FYI, the cashexplorer link means that it is on the Bitcoin CASH blockchain, not the Bitcoin (core/legacy) blockchain. There is no such transaction on Bitcoin (core/legacy), as shown by https://blockchain.info/address/1HCQFDT ... zXFPdQip1L

So, the address is 0.122 Bitcoin Cash * $1422 dollars per BCH = $173.48. Yet, you claim that you have lost over $2000. Can you explain what happened there?
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

yanndegrendel

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:15 am

Hi thank you very much for your reply !
In fact I sent bitcoin cash (BCC) to my bitcoin address in the same Bitcoin.com wallet. I've checked the address >
1HCQFDTuBg9dWfBWBj5TwX4HzXFPdQip1L > it is correct, I've just checked it, it is my main bitcoin adress on bitcoin.com wallet 100% sure.

I was thinking maybe the problem was because of that, but I saw on internet (in different forums) that you can use the same address for BCC et BTC, is that correct ? An I also can see on the blockchain transaction that my BCC has been converted to BTC, but it has kept the same amount : 0.122 BCC has turned into 0.122 BTC is that correct ? (please if you can check again : https://cashexplorer.bitcoin.com/addres ... zXFPdQip1L (at the bottom right corner it shows 0122 BTC (U), not BTH !)

So in fact, instead of having 0.122 BCC (150 dollars), I have 0.122 BTC (+2000 dollars), is that correct ? Is it an anomaly ?
Do you think the problem is coming from that ?
At least I should receive 150 dollars in bitcoins ! (the money I sent at the first place)

Sorry for my basic English
Yann

yanndegrendel

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 am

Additional information : the symbol (U) after the transaction amount in BTC (0122) (check this link : https://cashexplorer.bitcoin.com/addres ... zXFPdQip1L) shows when, you roll over it with the mouse : "Output is unspend", what does it means exactly ? Should I have to wait more ? Or the bitcoins are definitely lost ?

It would be interesting to know, and I want my money back too ^^ ! (2000 dollars better than 150 or o, I hope to be Lucky !)

Thanks anyway,
Yann

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:18 am

Additional information : the symbol (U) after the transaction amount in BTC (0122) (check this link : https://cashexplorer.bitcoin.com/addres ... zXFPdQip1L) shows when, you roll over it with the mouse : "Output is unspend", what does it means exactly ? Should I have to wait more ? Or the bitcoins are definitely lost ?

It would be interesting to know, and I want my money back too ^^ ! (2000 dollars better than 150 or o, I hope to be Lucky !)

Thanks anyway,
Yann
The U just means that the bitcoin that you sent to that address, has not been spent. Whatever address you sent to, has not moved the bitcoin.

You are using the Bitcoin wallet, not the Bitcoin cash wallet. If you sent bitcoin cash to your bitcoin wallet, your bitcoin wallet will still display a balance of 0. This is because there is no bitcoin in that wallet.

To access your bitcoin cash, you need to export the private key (That 12 word seed that you saved originally), and put that into your bitcoin cash wallet. Not your bitcoin wallet. *

* - Not sure if this is the recommended practice, and it should work in theory, unless the Bitcoin Cash wallet uses a different derivation path.

EDIT - https://walletsupport.bitcoin.com/artic ... btc-wallet
theres a snake in my boot

yanndegrendel

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:42 am

@Decoded
Thank you very much !
I've set the 12 paswords for both sub-wallet (BCC and BTC are ine the same bitcoin.com wallet), but I don't find how to export and import private keys in my Bitcoin.com wallet. In fact I don't understand exactly how it works. I'm using also Blockchain.info and with them I have no problem.

Could you please tell me how to do that ?

Thanks again
Yann

Additional infos :

Link to see the transaction on the blockchain : https://cashexplorer.bitcoin.com/addres ... zXFPdQip1L

My 2 bitcoin cash addresses :
1J23m6dCuS1HiFdAuRiEYS57n43HMYii2T (the one I used to send 0.122 BCC to my BTC wallet)
1VfdrZRMT3RLJYaztTtWBJfarRFNee9hY

My 2 Bitcoin adresses :
1HCQFDTuBg9dWfBWBj5TwX4HzXFPdQip1L (the one I used to receive the 0.122 BCC)
1KdHZmusg4tse2nWJNMeYbCPC6dT63M3NU

ALL MY WALLETS ADRESSES (BCC and BTC) ARE LOCATED IN THE SAME WALLET : BITCOIN.COM

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”