dockerpup

bought bitcoin. transferred bitcoin, waiting for it to appear...

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:30 pm

i bought $350 of bitcoin 3 days ago on coinbase. the funds were available immediately. then i transferred the bitcoin to my hashflare account. coinbase says its sent successfully, which i don't doubt and from what i understand, its not in their hands anymore. but it has not shown up in my hashflare account as of yet, and there are currently 365 confirmations for this block. i've sent a ticket to hashflare asking them about it, but their backlog is days behind.

i'll be happy to provide any information to someone who would be willing to give me some feedback on what's going on here. i'm not a newby to buying and selling cryptos, but with the added demand on the blockchain recently, i don''t know if there's anything that can be done, or what i should expecct over the next days.

CryptoBlackHat
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KgArSAMeFSgiVppCr4yCdqkNVaCieRAUX

Re: bought bitcoin. transferred bitcoin, waiting for it to appear...

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Did you send any funds to Hashflare successfully before? If so, it could be helpful to check if the deposit address is the same. Then you can compare this transaction to previous transactions and see if anything's different.

Usually though I would expect sites to wait for up to 3 confirmations before considering a deposit finalised. 350 confirmations is way past the point where I would expect any site to be reasonably cautious about accepting the deposit.

dockerpup

Re: bought bitcoin. transferred bitcoin, waiting for it to appear...

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:51 pm

i have not sent to this address before. i did copy, paste, then copied and pasted both the address that hashflare gave me for the recceiving address and the that coinbase was going to send to into notepad to visually verify both were the same. hashflare had posted, even before I x-fered the bitcoin to them, that they were way backed up. but does a place like hashflare have to themselves verify anything before it is credited to my account? i'm not sure that sounds right.

Return to “Development & Technical Discussion”