Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
TinaOW75

Re: I'm Sam Lee, CEO of Bitcoin Group, Ask Me Anything :)

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:12 am

If every Bitcoin transaction is recorded/verified/confirmed, how are people getting ripped off? Personally, I am trying to understand how to access one of my wallet addresses from a poorly managed HYIP site. If the wallet address says that my withdrawal is pending, but it is "in" the wallet how do I access it?

theninjanamedkarma

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:02 am

http://www.zdnet.com/article/university ... echnology/

Hi , I have some bitcoin , this article from today got me thinking : can bitcoin adopt this technology if it is superior ? ( It obviously is , can't be hardforked , transacts >7 times faster than Visa and > 60,000 times faster than Bitcoin . Not subject to replay because it never forks , peer-to-peer so it retains decentralization, designed for both public and private contexts , more power-efficient for the miners by extension .) Or is this the end for Bitcoin? These guys want to release this technology to all internet users ...that is ultimately good because it doesn't face the same barriers to becoming a global currency that Bitcoin mathematically must when transactions are so slow and fees are rising .

RustyStaples

Donate BTC of your choice to bitcoinunlimitedutopia

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:26 am

Hi Sam, I stored aprox 3 Bitcoin in the Bitcoin Wallet. How do I collect the Bitcoin GOLD?
By the way I wish you the very best in your projects.
Cheers
rusty :D

sonni

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:35 pm

GOOD DAY ALL>Now homeless Iam a disabled {not paid vet),have valid ID and prepaid debit card,can not get wallet anywhere HELP trying to work my way out of this how can I get a wallet to buy some coins THANKS

sonni

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:37 pm

coinbase get up to asking for ID Pick never sends Link,everybody else wants to link you to a fixed address via a data base.

cryptogreat

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:37 am

Hi Mr Sam good day
please how possible is it for someone's bitcoin blockchain wallet to be hacked without access to his email? A friend of mine had her blockchain wallet hacked and her money stolen and yet there is no trace of such transaction on her email. Blockchain authorization request was not sent to her email as to grant the hacker access to the wallet and yet the hacker had access to steal her money. what can you say or advise about this? we need your assistance and what should we do? thanks

ry0suk3

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Hey there,

I just wanna know how I know what my Bitcoin address is for buying bitcoins.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi Mr Sam good day
please how possible is it for someone's bitcoin blockchain wallet to be hacked without access to his email? A friend of mine had her blockchain wallet hacked and her money stolen and yet there is no trace of such transaction on her email. Blockchain authorization request was not sent to her email as to grant the hacker access to the wallet and yet the hacker had access to steal her money. what can you say or advise about this? we need your assistance and what should we do? thanks
You really should have created a separate thread for this question.

If no email notifications were received abouut the transaction being sent then it is most likely the hacker turned them off before sending
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

dennis.spellman

Mining

Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:47 pm

How to invest in mining. I'm not interested in my own setup. I once seen a video on buying into a mine and you could set a percentage of the return back into the mine or collect profit. I'm looking to get involved what are my options?

shantsharma1

Donate BTC of your choice to 1LMVVvsHPY4uMJo5Xg5iam6wv759qrdANG

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi there,
I just downloaded the bitcoin.com wallet onto my Iphone. I bought some bitcoin and transferred it onto said wallet. But for the last hour its said that it is still being received. How do I fix this ?

Enhanceap

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:10 am

Hello,

I manage 4 service station's , how do we go about reselling Bitcoin's & receiving payment of goods with bitcoins?

jnem

Donate BTC of your choice to 12NLQCgHAGXLcJyUQnJiFeobEUhWSTVjxG

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi Sam Lee,

I became interested in bitcoin and blockchain this year right before the huge jump and am amazed by the technology. Im currently a college student in Korea and have been thinking about how bitcoin and mining can help students specifically. I have thought of some sort of mining farm business that helps students pay for school buy using miners they buy to then subsequently pay for their education over their 3 or 4 year university period. Im wondering how to start a small mining operation as a PoC and what kind of expertise and skills I would need to start ir.

Thank you

Joe N

mikehenry147

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BoatSLRHtKNngkdXEeobR76b53LETtpyT

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:05 pm

What is the best currency pair in which i can trade safetly? can you invest in bitcoin

glidernyc

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi. I have a question. In the event that BCH wins the day over BTC, why couldn't the BTC network of miners then simply vote to revise BTC to be identical to the BCH protocol? Conversely, if BTC wins the day, it does not seem that BCH can go backwards to return to the BTC protocols. So it seems that BTC has more flexibility in the long run and can almost assure its success versus BCH. Is this accurate?

marius.tataru

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Dear Sir,
Is it possible to earn money on bitcoin for a beginner? I am a rookie and i am willing to spend time and effort for achieveing something. I would really appreciate if you can guide me a bit.
Thank you.

emka

Donate BTC of your choice to 1D3vFQiqdAugZLXXAkKMGDxCyY4xyGrGo9

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:59 am

Hello, recently i bought 80 $ worth of bitcoin to test out if i can send btc to my bcc wallet. So i did that, and i got 6 approvals and the money never came, so my question is if i can get my money back, cause it seems like it is lost. I also used the official bitcoin wallet to do this, it was processed through blockchain.
Thanks.

pete777

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Hello,

Around the time bitcoin launched I required to pay an internet service provider with bitcoin, hence I created and used a bitcoin platform to purchase those bitcoins.
My question is is there a way to track and find this old account of mine?

Yako

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:49 am

Hi Sam,

I made a bitcoin transfer to bitconet from coinbase

I was trying to change bitcoin to bcc for the first time, but by mistake I sent it to this address

16uJxw4aTWgv44vy1qUiKM6SZjVraDruBG

But I have no idea where my bitcoin went.

Please!! help me!!!!

Yako

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:53 am

Hi Sam,

I made a bitcoin transfer to bitconet from coinbase

I was trying to change bitcoin to bcc for the first time, but by mistake I sent it to this address

Bitcoin Address 16uJxw4aTWgv44vy1qUiKM6SZjVraDruBG

But I have no idea where my bitcoin went.

Please!! help me!!!!

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Hello, recently i bought 80 $ worth of bitcoin to test out if i can send btc to my bcc wallet. So i did that, and i got 6 approvals and the money never came, so my question is if i can get my money back, cause it seems like it is lost. I also used the official bitcoin wallet to do this, it was processed through blockchain.
Thanks.
If you still have access to the bcc wallet, you can export the wallet's private keys. A Bitcoin Cash private key corresponds to the exact same address on the legacy Bitcoin, so you can put the BCC private keys into a BTC wallet to retrieve your bitcoin.
theres a snake in my boot

SteveH

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 am

Hi Sam, I posted this on Roger Ver's feed however I notice you are located in Australia so figured I should place it on yours as well. I am a novice at Bitcoin, my expertise has been in humanitarian aidwork in various conflict zones. One of our major requirements for the programs I managed was to distribute cash to vendors or beneficiaries in some off-the road places. Getting funds into these places has seen me carrying bags of cash across hundreds of terrorist filled miles. The advent of bitcoin offers a fabulous opportunity for aid agencies to get funds to supply vendors in places like Afghanistan or any other conflict zone quickly. One way a branch of the UN is currently developing this is to give beneficiaries a code and password so that they can go to the vendor to get their supplies and by entering their details, the crypto funds are transferred in small bits to the vendor without the beneficiary having to get it first. What I interested in getting developed, is an extension to the normal trading of coins that might allow aid agencies to transfer funds in this way. Do you know of any off the shelf application that can be adapted and might suit this. If it doesn't exist and nothing I can find so far suggests it does, can you offer suggestions on how I might be able to go about getting it going? I have an idea how it should or could operate after 17 years in the field but I lack the computing skill to make it happen and rather than spend the next year or so trying to work it out, I should hook up with people who can. I guess there are people out there who would be able..

Rohit123

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:42 am

Hi
I am planning to buy 4 machines for mining, not sure should I buy s9 or L3+

S9 mines Bitcoin- is it too late to mine bitcoin now
or
should I go for L3+ Which mines Litecoin
Please if somebody can guide me
Thank

Rohit123

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:50 am

Hi
I am planning to buy 4 machines for mining, not sure should I buy s9 or L3+
S9 mines Bitcoin- is it too late to mine bitcoin now
or
should I go for L3+ Which mines Litecoin
Please if somebody can guide me
Thanks
Rohit

augis

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:48 am

Hy i want to ask mb you can help me to start with BTC i just need some for start 12K5E2q6Y2p1U8NEKBPtKgKkTcVJzSAH1o my BTC wallet adrres if you can donete just 0.01 BTC if need i will retur it to you and thanks for answer. Sorry for english

ruiseixas

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi,

My payment was declined, will I be Charged?
Why isn't this pertinent questions in the FAQ?

Thanks

Klfrancis94

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NEGwpQ5v9pBUxNNCSU9J69AhptUz1YrE8

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:29 am

i sent my bitcoins to the wrong address, how do I get s refund?

neil.mcevoy

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 am

I am unable to buy bitcoin as the address shown on my driving licence identity did not match my home address as I have moved house.
I really want to get into bitcoin and this is very frustrating.

When I try to open up a wallet it asks me to verify an email sent to me but I never get the email???

It seems like I have beenjoyed blocked?

Thanks

patodaniel6262

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:14 pm

Which digital currency (litecoin,dogecoin, peercoin etc) do you think will be the biggest competitor to bitcoin in 5 years?
hello Sam, am gina i have a little creepy problem with the BTC app on my iPhone, i have 199$ in my BTC account balance and i am buying an item online worth 0.0121Btc and i choose the low optimal fee and i keep getting a response of " transaction failure you don't have enough btc to pay for your transaction fee" so why is that ? am lost anyone here who can help should do explain am so new on BTC

patodaniel6262

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:20 pm

hello Sam, am gina i have a little creepy problem with the BTC app on my iPhone, i have 199$ in my BTC account balance and i am buying an item online worth 0.0121Btc and i choose the low optimal fee and i keep getting a response of " transaction failure you don't have enough btc to pay for your transaction fee" so why is that ? am lost anyone here who can help should do explain am so new on BTC

GarNetCoin

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi Sam,

I glad to talk with you, I wanted to know about Bitcoin best part of that you will never forget?

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”