arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

[Request] Belize section

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 am

Hi moderators,

I'd like to "evangelize" Bitcoin Cash in Belize.

I'm planning to organize some fun, and small scale, marketing to alert the people here about Bitcoin Cash.

I notice that many people here have heard about Bitcoin, and are interested to know more about it. I have been interested in Bitcoin (and now Bitcoin Cash) for a few years now, but I have been fairly quiet about it until Bitcoin Cash was developed. Bitcoin is just not very useful as money in a third world country, it may take anywhere from an hour wage to a day wage (or more) to make a payment. Needless to say, that's not an interesting proposition that I would like to be associated with. Bitcoin Cash, on the other hand, has a very strong value proposition that I believe to be of benefit here.

As part of my marketing, I'll use a domain name I just registered. But, for the moment, I don't want the extra work of setting up a website and forum. So, my request to you is - can you make a subsection of this forum? I'll forward the domain (I just registered BitcoinCashBelize.com) there, and hopefully we can get some Belizeans to join this community.

Long term, I may create a website to list some of the local businesses accepting Bitcoin Cash & add some articles. I'll just keep the forum here at forum.bitcoin.com!

Some of the ideas I have:
  • Organize Bitcoin Cash meetups
  • Give away more $1 in Bitcoin Cash to introduce people
  • Write a Bitcoin Cash private key on some local $2 BZ (approx $1 US) bill, and put some Bitcoin Cash on these accounts. *
  • Place some posters advertising the Bitcoin Cash meetups / domain name.
  • Write and post articles on the forum to introduce people to Bitcoin Cash.
  • Invite people to use the forum for local trader services
  • Order & give away some Bitcoin Cash Accepted Here stickers to local businesses accepting Bitcoin Cash
  • Invite the media to write an article about Bitcoin Cash.
  • Place geographically targeted ads in e.g. Facebook / Google Ads
  • If local bill boards are affordable, then try to hire some ad space on Big Signs in local towns or next to roads.
* - I'll create some with the private key and a reference to Bitcoin Cash, and I'll create some with only a private key. With a bit of luck, that last one won't be claimed too quickly. Then, we could try to get the local news to write an article about it. I'll post the public keys here, so that everyone can follow whether the money is claimed.

Right now, there are just two businesses accepting Bitcoin Cash that I am aware of:
  • Maya Lou's (Restaurant), Unitedville, Cayo, Belize Facebook Page
  • Casa Sofia (Restaurant, Bar, Hotel), Unitedville, Cayo, Belize Website
Hopefully we can grow this list!
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: [Request] Belize section

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:37 am

This sounds very interesting, let me see if we can help in anyway :)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks! Let me know if there's anything I can do on my end to help you make a (positive!) decision!
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Thanks! Let me know if there's anything I can do on my end to help you make a (positive!) decision!
I can request that a sub board is created for Belize to help with your Bitcoin Cash promotion, will let you know once up.

When you have a few things running send a couple of pics and I'll donate a small amount of BCH to help with your giveaway.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 pm

I can request that a sub board is created for Belize to help with your Bitcoin Cash promotion, will let you know once up.
Wonderful, thank you very much.
When you have a few things running send a couple of pics and I'll donate a small amount of BCH to help with your giveaway.
I'll certainly share some pictures, I've already got a warm response when dropping the idea of a Bitcoin Cash meetup to some people here.

Thanks for the offer. I'll be happy to pay any donations forward to people learning about Bitcoin Cash here!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 am

Wonderful, thank you very much.
I'll certainly share some pictures, I've already got a warm response when dropping the idea of a Bitcoin Cash meetup to some people here.

Thanks for the offer. I'll be happy to pay any donations forward to people learning about Bitcoin Cash here!
I think the best idea would be for you to create a nice looking thread on the "Project Development" board send me the link and i will make it a sticky for you to keep the thread at the top of the project development board.
It maybe a good idea to create another thread on the Bitcoin Cash board advertising your thread on "project development"

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:38 am

I think the best idea would be for you to create a nice looking thread on the "Project Development" board send me the link and i will make it a sticky for you to keep the thread at the top of the project development board.
It maybe a good idea to create another thread on the Bitcoin Cash board advertising your thread on "project development"
Do you mean to put everything in one thread? That could become a little messy. But I guess I could use one thread as a sort of 'index page' for other threads, and I could simply mark the other threads with some unique text string that is easy to search. That would actually work.

I'll create a few non-index threads first, and then create the index one and send you the link!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:55 am

Do you mean to put everything in one thread? That could become a little messy. But I guess I could use one thread as a sort of 'index page' for other threads, and I could simply mark the other threads with some unique text string that is easy to search. That would actually work.

I'll create a few non-index threads first, and then create the index one and send you the link!
The thread can be quite long, i don't know the exact limits off hand but an index page would be a great idea.
Unless this is something that Bitcoin.com is interested in partnering up with i don't think i could add a separate board for you.

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:48 am

The thread can be quite long, i don't know the exact limits off hand but an index page would be a great idea.
Unless this is something that Bitcoin.com is interested in partnering up with i don't think i could add a separate board for you.
I was more referring to the ability to find information rather than the maximum number of posts. But I don't know how people will use the forum, let's see if we end up having lots of different threads, or one huge one.

The thread that I created is here: topic59700.html

I wasn't exactly requesting a partnership, but more something along the lines of a sub-board such as any of the ones in World! But using Project Development will work just fine, and if that's your preference, that's exactly what we will do! :)

Thanks for hosting this initiative!!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:36 am

If what you say is true and i believe it would be that in some cases it can cost a days wage to send a BTC transaction i would love to help promote Bitcoin Cash to the people of your community.
This is what bitcoin was all about back in the good old day, people helping the less fortunate transact money in a way where the fat cats can't take their minimum 25% "transaction fee" on everybody money.

If some lucky member of a poor family has the chance to go overseas and get a good paying job they often get screwed when sending some of their earnings back home to help family and friends from companies like WU.

If you can think of anything i can do to help just let me know,

Regards: bitkilo.

Return to “The Forum”