I'd like to "evangelize" Bitcoin Cash in Belize.
I'm planning to organize some fun, and small scale, marketing to alert the people here about Bitcoin Cash.
I notice that many people here have heard about Bitcoin, and are interested to know more about it. I have been interested in Bitcoin (and now Bitcoin Cash) for a few years now, but I have been fairly quiet about it until Bitcoin Cash was developed. Bitcoin is just not very useful as money in a third world country, it may take anywhere from an hour wage to a day wage (or more) to make a payment. Needless to say, that's not an interesting proposition that I would like to be associated with. Bitcoin Cash, on the other hand, has a very strong value proposition that I believe to be of benefit here.
As part of my marketing, I'll use a domain name I just registered. But, for the moment, I don't want the extra work of setting up a website and forum. So, my request to you is - can you make a subsection of this forum? I'll forward the domain (I just registered BitcoinCashBelize.com) there, and hopefully we can get some Belizeans to join this community.
Long term, I may create a website to list some of the local businesses accepting Bitcoin Cash & add some articles. I'll just keep the forum here at forum.bitcoin.com!
Some of the ideas I have:
- Organize Bitcoin Cash meetups
- Give away more $1 in Bitcoin Cash to introduce people
- Write a Bitcoin Cash private key on some local $2 BZ (approx $1 US) bill, and put some Bitcoin Cash on these accounts. *
- Place some posters advertising the Bitcoin Cash meetups / domain name.
- Write and post articles on the forum to introduce people to Bitcoin Cash.
- Invite people to use the forum for local trader services
- Order & give away some Bitcoin Cash Accepted Here stickers to local businesses accepting Bitcoin Cash
- Invite the media to write an article about Bitcoin Cash.
- Place geographically targeted ads in e.g. Facebook / Google Ads
- If local bill boards are affordable, then try to hire some ad space on Big Signs in local towns or next to roads.
Right now, there are just two businesses accepting Bitcoin Cash that I am aware of: