musv

BTC to BCH via Changelly screw-up

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 am

I mistakenly sent BTC from Coinbase to Freewallet instead of to Changelly, in which I initiated the conversion. Now I don't know where my BTC is hiding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: BTC to BCH via Changelly screw-up

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:01 am

I mistakenly sent BTC from Coinbase to Freewallet instead of to Changelly, in which I initiated the conversion. Now I don't know where my BTC is hiding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I assume you have a Freewallet wallet?

You'll have to import the BCH private key (from your BCH wallet at Freewallet) into your BTC wallet at Freewallet.

musv

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Thank you for your reply.
To clarify, are you saying to import my BCC Freewallet deposit address into my BTC Freewallet deposit address?
If this is correct, please describe how to do this.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Thank you for your reply.
To clarify, are you saying to import my BCC Freewallet deposit address into my BTC Freewallet deposit address?
If this is correct, please describe how to do this.
https://freewallet.freshdesk.com/suppor ... vate-keys-

...As a mobile-first wallet, we avoid storing security-sensitive data (such as private keys) on losable (sic) end-user devices...

It appears that you wont be able to do it yourself and you'll need to contact support at Freewallet and ask them if they can help you recover BTC.

musv

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:30 pm

I contacted Freewallet and requested support and am currently awaiting their response.

I am also hopeful that if the funds are not claimed within 30 day, that they will be returned to my Coinbase account.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:44 pm

...I am also hopeful that if the funds are not claimed within 30 day, that they will be returned to my Coinbase account.
Sorry but that's not the way it works.

You've sent bitcoin from one address to another address. It will remain at that address unless it is sent again from there (which will require the private key).

There's no claiming to it.

musv

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 pm

You've been very helpful and I wish to thank you again for your responses.

One more shot if you don't mind:
The deposit address to which the btc were sent are associated with my Freewallet bch account. The funds never arrived, presumably because Changelly is still waiting for the funds to be deposited into that account before completing the transaction and sending to my Freewallet bch account.

The question is, since the funds are now associated with my Freewallet deposit address, is there a way to re-route those funds to the Changelly deposit address.
If not, will the funds forever remain in limbo?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:20 pm

The deposit address to which the btc were sent are associated with my Freewallet bch account. The funds never arrived, presumably because Changelly is still waiting for the funds to be deposited into that account before completing the transaction and sending to my Freewallet bch account.
Sorry, but the funds did arrived. What has happened (based on what you've stated within your posts) is that you sent BTC to a BTC address. The only problem (again, this is based on what you've stated within your posts) is that the BTC address that you sent to is your **BCH** (i.e., Bitcoin Cash) address at Freewallet.

You should see your BTC if you search for the address that you sent to. Please search here : https://blockchain.info/
The question is, since the funds are now associated with my Freewallet deposit address, is there a way to re-route those funds to the Changelly deposit address. If not, will the funds forever remain in limbo?
Sorry, but your funds are not in limbo.

You'll need to contact support at Freewallet and request that they use your **BCH** private key to to either sweep, or import, the BTC address.

Freewallet
Services
Services

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:02 pm

musv, if you've accidentally sent funds to a Freewallet address, you can always contact our support and request a refund. If the initial transaction was in a different coin (for example, if that was a BTC transaction to a BCH address), we can still retrieve the funds for you, it will just take a bit more time. Please provide your user id or a support ticket number, we'll make sure the processing of your request is expedited.
Best regards,
Freewallet Team

musv

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:24 pm

Thank you, Freewallet for your encouraging reply.
I did send an email requesting assistance along with the transaction hash # per request.
I will follow up with them if I don't hear back in a few days. In the meanwhile, I'll rest a bit easier and will keep my fingers crossed!

musv

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:31 pm

p.s. to Freewallet support

Kind sirs,
I did not get a support ticket # but if you are offering your assistance, the Transaction hash is:
6dbfa03c44134235d08b05e982c04cf443c232443d4d4fe83c72dddb2a22ad3e

User id: 570ec119

Please let me know if I can provide addition info.

Many thanks

musv

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Update.
Many thanks to the support team at Freewallet for their assistance in restoring my lost funds.
It took awhile (100+/- days) but they were good to their word!

trayxer

BCH to BTC address via Changelly screw-up

Sat May 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi!

I made a big mistake, I sent BTC from Cryptonator wallet to Changelly exchange to change to BCH. Suddenly I set in Changelly the receive address to my BTC address, from where I sent the BTC. Changelly transaction said, they did the change to BCH and sent back to my Cryptonator BTC address, what I set. My BCH wallet is also in the same Cryptonator wallet as the BTC wallet, but it has another address.
Help me, can I somhow get my BCH back, and if yes, then who can help me? The excange, who sent the converted BCH to my BTC address (what was my fault... :( ) or the Cryptonator, who has my BTC address, where I got BCH back? (My BTC address starts with 1).

Thanks

Qyuhn
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 24, 2018 5:11 pm

I think you need to contact the support center for resolving this issue. I am not getting your issue clearly as I have not go through any such problem. I advise you to lift the calculated steps on the money markets. Thanks!

Return to “Beginners & Help”