LloydRoss

Bitcoin Rookie

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:37 am

Hey there,
Am from Australia, and new to bitcoin. Slowly trying to educate myself, there's so much stuff out there, wondering what to believe, whats good or bad, etc. Anyway, I had set myself up on coinbase, put in a small amount of money, testing the waters. After following a couple tutorials on youtube I tried transferring a small amount into bittrex... it has not shown up several days later.

I may have made a booboo in the process(am sure I followed correctly), but I am finding out that coinbase may not be much use in terms of support, and wondering if and how I can go about getting funds taken out and put into another wallet? Being from Australia, I cannot sell via coinbase, so what do I do? There's a small sum of money just sitting there!

Appreciate any feedback and advice on this and other things to help get set up...

Thanks,
Lloyd

atkinsonline

Donate BTC of your choice to 1HcVEtTH8QKgkYX4MH8pyfumzJCyKuMphR

Re: Bitcoin Rookie

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi Lloyd. I am also new to bitcoin and did a similar thing to you. I created an account on coinbase and added some funds for a week and then read more and decided to transfer the money to a bitcoin.com wallet (stored on my PC) that I just created and it appears to have worked. I can see the funds in my new bitcoin.com wallet, although there is a slight oddity in that coinbase still show the transaction as pending.
All I did was tap Receive in the bitcoin wallet and hence created a new bitcoin address. I then used the Send option at coinbase and pasted that bitcoin address into the recipient box. I selected the amount I wanted to send and tapped Send Funds. The money appeared in the bitcoin.com wallet within seconds.

[Later] Sorry Lloyd if my reply was no use to somebody in Australia. I'm from the UK where I can use the Send option. Maybe that cannot be used by you.

Regards
John.

LloydRoss

Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:45 am

Hello John,
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Looks like some more research is to be done. In the meantime, if anyone out there in Australia is reading and could help out, would love to get a better understanding and resolve this issue. Coinbase says it was sent, but doesn't show up on bittrex. No idea what to make of it. Glad its only small amounts I am playing with!

I don't want anymore money going in there if I can't DO anything with it! I had set up a coinjar account, but am wondering about this, other alternatives, keeping funds offline, etc. Appreciate any other advice:D

Thanks,
Lloyd

jeanlucbb

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Transactions can take a long time while the mempool is full. I had an experience where it took about 16 hours around this these dates. You can google the transaction details and they will come up on the blockchain and you can see if it is still pending.

I strongly recommend Independent Reserve and BTC Markets as they are Australian companies with low fees, good support and relatively good prices. Coinspot is the best for easy buying of alt-coins. Very easy to use too.

Coinspot also has an affiliate program that pays back a small commission, if anyone joins up on mine I'll be glad to give them back 50%

https://www.coinspot.com.au?affiliate=YMXY9

Good way to get into some alt-coins with an easy to use multiwallet. Eth and Btc are better on BTC markets and Independent Reserve,.

kon.pappas7

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:53 am

Hi, I am from Melbourne. I had no issues with transferring from Coinbase to Bittrex. I did this about a week ago. Did you transfer the same currency from coinbase to Bittrex? It might be worth checking your balances in your Bittrex Wallet under the history tab and submitting a ticket with Bittrex also

Return to “Australia”