goldstoj

Bitcoin Gold

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 pm

I am a very new purchaser of Bitcoin. I have a Bitcoin wallet on my iPhone from Bitcoin.com - the yellow one - I got that wallet because I did not want to get one that was not authorized. I want to know why I did not receive Bitcoin Gold recently - is there something I need to do to the wallet itself? Is it going to be deposited soon? I bought first Bitcoin in September but I recently changed phones and on the first one my wallet had a button for Bitcoin cash but this one does not.
Thank you.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Re: Bitcoin Gold

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi there,

With the Bitcoin.com wallet you hold the private keys to your bitcoins. We will not support the Bitcoin Gold fork directly, however as you control the private keys to your bitcoins when using our wallet you will be able to export those private keys using the Settings > [Your Wallet] > More Options > Export Wallet function. As we will not be supporting Bitcoin Gold directly it's unlikely that we'll be developing any tools to recover Bitcoin Gold but as long as you have your private keys you will be able to use them in whatever tools are made available to recover coins from the new forked chain.

You may find the following guide useful for backing up your private keys:
http://www.bitcoin.com/guides/how-to-im ... ivate-keys

Fremont

Return to “Bitcoin Gold”