marcelchuo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16C8d2c4cmj3P2PmuobDebKNUUzdGR7NRd

Any Advice on Building a Mining Farm?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:25 am

Hey everyone,

My friends up in Canada are thinking of building a mining farm and they have a budget of $1 mil usd. They have access to cheap electricity, and it's pretty cool weather up north in Canada. Granted they have only done mining as individuals themselves, they are unsure about how to go about approaching the matter on an industrial (but small) scale.

I've looked through this forum and so far I've only seen posts on individual mining, which is why I'm creating this thread.

Questions:
1. So like they would have to like work with electrical engineers to design the layout right and also a metalworker to design the shelves so that everything fits? And channel proper ventilation?
2. How many GPU's or ASICs can be hooked up via ethernet to a modem? I'm assuming it's like 20 devices to an internet line.
3. Since this is a smaller industrial outpost, I'm guessing I just need only one or max two electricians to man the outpost at any one point in time. Thoughts?

FYI: We are gonna order ASIC Dash miners and Ethereum GPU miners from Bitmain most likely. And use their mining pool.

bakerlisa510

Re: Any Advice on Building a Mining Farm?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:44 am

Can't we use air conditioner?

marcelchuo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16C8d2c4cmj3P2PmuobDebKNUUzdGR7NRd

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:57 am

So far I've seen that most factories choose fans because they need circulation of air. Btw, I'm not an expert this post is actually a request for advice lol

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:55 pm

I have an advice for you - don't :)
Whichever chain wins,the world wins ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mining”