misjuk

Re: P2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, trustless, censorship-resistant pool.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:18 pm

I have replicated the problem on my test node by configuring my miners to use a different Bitcoin address for each share. The problem first occurred around when the coinbase transaction reached 225-227 outputs, which is similar to the peak number I saw on jtoomimnet while the problem was occurring. This corresponds to approximately 8 kB for the coinbase transaction size.

My guess is that someone on jtoomimnet decided to use the dynamic address generation feature of p2pool in order to obscure their identity and hashrate, and that that triggered the bug. If you have been doing that, please don't do that for now.

As a workaround hack, I have added a commit to 1mb_segwit that will print out the current number of coinbase transaction outputs (aka payment dests). That number is currently around 138. If it gets to 226 or close, I expect we will have another crash. If we get above 200 outputs, it might be a good idea to switch to a different pool.

A long-term solution may be to hard limit the number of outputs to 200 per block, and to pay people with small balances less frequently than once per block. Adding this change will be a hard fork, and will not be trivial to do. It might take me a couple of weeks to finish.
Hi. Thanks for update with news! Hope all node owner will update his nodes to see this statistic on the web of node. Im and many other user also waiting reply from bitmain about frimeware, as i see on frimeware page they remove now some of version.. Maybe they will make new one. Jtoomim, I and i think many of other user of p2p, want know aswer about: did you planing to come back to BTC p2p node? Without your PH we will wait block for long time i think :) Thanks

Tornado_Of_Coins

Re: P2Pool address list

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Jt, Ive been following your thread since you left bitcointalk and I noticed that one my address in my S9 is showing as dead. Do you have a list of your p2pool's? Sorry if this has been posted, I looked but I couldn't find it.
There is a scanner for p2pool nodes of the jtoomimnet network http://p2pool.top/scanner/btc-j/
Thank you!

sawa
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 17Vq6qwfE1epzsgEfSw81pQX3gXo9ZN4ET

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Tell me, what is the worker "null" that periodically appears on nodes with a large hashrate?
http://siberia.mine.nu:9334/static/clas ... html?Month
http://low-doa.mine.nu:9334/static/clas ... html?Month
http://37.29.116.122:9334/static/classi ... html?Month
Some miners think that p2pool steals workers' hashrate in this way. And I can't understand, where does this "null" come from.

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:20 pm

"null" is probably a user who left the username field blank when setting up their miners, or something like that. The "null" comes from a few places in graph.py in which there is no descriptor to the datum that's being logged for later graphing. I haven't done anything with graph.py before, so I don't understand it that well and could be wrong, though. But here is probably the point at which "null" is being added:

https://github.com/jtoomim/p2pool/blob/ ... aph.py#L48

Maybe "null" only happens on nodes that don't have a default mining address set by the pool operator?

I have not seen "null" on any of my p2pool nodes. I tried setting one of my miners to mine on a node without a username, and it did not show up as "null", but I had a default mining address set.

Also, on another note, one of my p2pool servers ran out of RAM and started to swap a bunch, causing intermittent losses of hashrate for a few days. Oops. Fixed.

sawa
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 17Vq6qwfE1epzsgEfSw81pQX3gXo9ZN4ET

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:07 am

http://p2p-spb.xyz:9334/web/graph_data/ ... s/last_day gives out only 19 user wallets and then null.
Maybe this is the problem?

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:16 am

No, that's just one field of the JSON data. Count brackets/braces, and you'll see that.

kr1z1s

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:07 am

No, that's just one field of the JSON data. Count brackets/braces, and you'll see that.
Hello.

This is strange effect "null" manifests itself only JSON stats for graphs and ONLY "Day" "Week" "Month" "Year" stats

In "HOUR" stats this effect is not present.

Example

http://p2p-spb.xyz:9334/web/graph_data/ ... /last_hour - "null" not present
http://p2p-spb.xyz:9334/web/graph_data/ ... s/last_day - "null in an amount 300

Error is not here - https://github.com/jtoomim/p2pool/blob/ ... aph.py#L48

Because it's a method that works fine elsewhere.
But his input is invalid "user"

The bug in the thread starting here - https://github.com/jtoomim/p2pool/blob/ ... eb.py#L399

When users are over 20 code does not work correctly

Code: Select all

if user is not None: hd.datastreams['miner_hash_rates'].add_datum(t, {user: work}) if dead: hd.datastreams['miner_dead_hash_rates'].add_datum(t, {user: work})

Event in Work.py file

https://github.com/jtoomim/p2pool/blob/ ... rk.py#L504

Code: Select all

self.pseudoshare_received.happened(bitcoin_data.target_to_average_attempts(target), not on_time, user)

msy2008

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CycEMNqKr7HBDGpS7rHWGECJZ6ZG9m9WP

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 pm

My main reason for registering the forum is to thank jtoomim and Kiefff for having successfully deployed the litecoin mine. Thank you very much. I will continue to learn and research, I am from Shanghai, China, I can not speak English, I use the translation tool, please forgive me!

Celebrimbot

Donate BTC of your choice to 1JL8YVyeuRdEUZYmQusEtuko6TciN7Aumy

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:27 pm

OK I'm going to have to ask a silly question:

I can't get port 9334 going.

I'm using the 1mb_segwit Branch of the jtoomim/p2pool

When I run python run_p2pool.py this eventually starts serving <my ip>:9332/static/ with infomation (and a pool rate of about 700TH/s) but nothing on 9334. I've forwarded the port but p2pool

Am I using the wrong branch or something? I can see multi peta hashes on 9334 at most nodes. Where am I going wrong?

Celebrimbot

Donate BTC of your choice to 1JL8YVyeuRdEUZYmQusEtuko6TciN7Aumy

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:46 pm

OK I'm going to have to ask a silly question:

I can't get port 9334 going.

I'm using the 1mb_segwit Branch of the jtoomim/p2pool

When I run python run_p2pool.py this eventually starts serving <my ip>:9332/static/ with infomation (and a pool rate of about 700TH/s) but nothing on 9334. I've forwarded the port but p2pool

Am I using the wrong branch or something? I can see multi peta hashes on 9334 at most nodes. Where am I going wrong?
Right - removing my folder (along with my cache of shares) and starting again seems to have cleared the low pool rate issue.

But can I confirm: the choice to work on port 9334, is that just a convention? Do folks just generally run with -w 9334 to distinguish from the legacy p2pool?

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:22 am

Port 9334 does not necessarily denote jtoomimnet p2pool. The software will default to using 9332 for BTC regardless of whether it's jtoomimnet or mainnet.

I think the origin of the association comes from the fact that I used to run two BTC p2pool nodes on my IP address (ml.toom.im), and the second one was at ml.toom.im:9334. When I set up the first node to fork, I did it with that 9334 node first. However, all of my BTC p2pool nodes are now running jtoomimnet, including ml.toom.im:9332, and ml.toom.im:9336.

Use whatever port you want to. If you want to use a worker port other than 9332 for BTC, use the -w option.

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:26 am

(and a pool rate of about 700TH/s)
700 TH/s is not correct for jtoomimnet BTC, which currently has around 9 PH/s. Mainnet's hashrate is about 234TH/s. I don't know of any p2pools that have close to 700 TH/s right now. Perhaps your node has not yet synced and is analyzing an old snapshot of one of the chains?

doingit77

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Any updates for the LTC P2Pool? It appears not to be blocking. Could be wrong but are there any changes to the network that it stopped blocking 3 days ago?

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed May 02, 2018 12:55 pm

doingit77, just a period of bad luck.

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed May 02, 2018 1:09 pm

jtoomimnet BTC p2pool is getting dangerously close to the limit in the number of acceptable payment outputs:

> found 219 payment dests. Antminer S9s may crash when this is close to 226.

It would probably be a good idea for some people to stop mining on jtoomimnet BTC p2pool. If we can reduce the number of users on BTC p2pool slightly, then we can avoid the whole thing crashing for a while longer. The jtoomimnet BCH p2pool only has around 35 users right now, so switching hashrate from BTC to BCH can work for those who are not ideologically opposed to BCH.

If we get to 226 or so, then any post-October-2016 Antminer S9s that are configured to use p2pool as their primary pool will stop mining entirely. They won't just switch to their failover; they'll just halt. It's better if we can avoid this.

The LTC p2pool is also getting somewhat close to the 8 KB/226 payment dest threshold. I don't know for certain that Antminer L3+s are susceptible to the same issue, but it's likely. It looks like the LTC p2pool has around 171 payment addresses right now.

I intend to fix this issue at some point by making p2pool only pay up to 200 users per block (by paying users with the smallest balances less frequently than every block), but I'm not sure how long it will be before I have time to do that.

Sedsem

Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 pm

100% drop-resistant version BMminer 4.10.0, worked at collapse S9
Version Cgminer 4.10.0 working capacity is checked.

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 am

Thanks for that information, Sedsem.

I have shut down my BTC p2pool nodes for now in order to allow machines that were pointed at my BTC p2pool nodes to fall back to their failover pools. Those nodes are ml.toom.im:9332, ml.toom.im:9334, and our private-use-only ml.toom.im:9336. This will affect a few people who have machines that do not have bug, unfortunately, but I thought that was the lesser evil. I will start those nodes back up once BTC p2pool payment dests are below 200.

Our BCH (:9348), LTC (:9327 and :9325), and DASH (:7903) p2pool nodes are still operating normally.

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 07, 2018 3:13 am

The number of payouts in the BTC p2pool's coinbase has fallen to around 161 again, so I have restarted my BTC p2pool nodes on 9332, 9334, and 9336.

yannarbraz

Tue May 08, 2018 1:30 pm

hello,
i would like to mine on BCH but i can't get a P2PKH compatible address (as it is said in this thread)...
i have a bitcoinABC wallet and it give me address like bitcoincash:qrsz6ngq7zcjsqudltpygpzml2e5ptu4xgntqxtprs...

when i launch p2pool it does not start at all
is there any solution ?
how can i get a BCH address starting with 1??
can i use a regular BTC address to mine on BCH??
please help, thanks you

NullTest

Wed May 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Why is the share difficulty on my server node set to 22,000,000 and how can i change that? I have been running for 15+ hours with Antminer s9 and no shares, every time i near the share level at 22million, it rises again, up to 24million. Is this a bug or a hack because 22,000,000 is insane?

sagus
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 am

yannarbraz, you can convert any address in cashaddr.bitcoincash.org or relaunch your node with -usecashaddr=0

yannarbraz

Thu May 10, 2018 9:29 am

yannarbraz, you can convert any address in cashaddr.bitcoincash.org or relaunch your node with -usecashaddr=0
ok thanks a lot Sagus :D

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 am

Why is the share difficulty on my server node set to 22,000,000 and how can i change that? I have been running for 15+ hours with Antminer s9 and no shares, every time i near the share level at 22million, it rises again, up to 24million. Is this a bug or a hack because 22,000,000 is insane?
P2pool's architecture has a multi-way tradeoff between node computational requirements, payout fairness, and share variance (share difficulty). The BTC p2pool is configured to adjust the minimum share difficulty in order to get one share from someone on average every 30 seconds. if you have 0.1% of the pool's hashrate, then you'll have to wait on average 30,000 seconds for each share.

If we reduce that 30 second target to 10 seconds, then p2pool will become less fair. Many shares will end up getting orphaned and work will go unrewarded, and those orphan shares will disproportionately affect small miners. 30 seconds is actually probably too short; I think increasing that number to 60 seconds is a good idea.

Keep in mind, if you are mining on a large public p2pool node with a lot of other users, the actual share difficulty used by your miner will be *higher* than 22,000,000, even if 22,000,000 is shown on the front page as the "Difficulty" -- that number is actually the protocol-specified minimum share difficulty, not the actual share difficulty. You can force your node to give you work with the protocol-minimum share difficulty by specifying <address>/1024 as your username. However, you should only do this if you are a small-scale miner. If you are a large miner, using the minimum share difficulty will increase the minimum share difficulty for everybody.
every time i near the share level at 22million, it rises again, up to 24million
This is a misunderstanding of how mining works. There is no progress. You can't "get near" to finding a share. It is possible (but improbable) to find a 22 million diff share after only one second of mining on an S9, and it's also possible (but improbable) to not find any shares after a month. The amount of time it is expected to take to find a share is independent of how long you've been looking for a share.

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 12, 2018 12:04 am

BCH miners, please make sure you are using the most recent version of Bitcoin-ABC, Bitcoin Unlimited, or Bitcoin XT. The BCH hard fork is only 4 days away. https://www.bitcoinabc.org/

Sedsem

Sat May 12, 2018 10:32 am

Thanks for that information, Sedsem.

I have shut down my BTC p2pool nodes for now in order to allow machines that were pointed at my BTC p2pool nodes to fall back to their failover pools. Those nodes are ml.toom.im:9332, ml.toom.im:9334, and our private-use-only ml.toom.im:9336. This will affect a few people who have machines that do not have bug, unfortunately, but I thought that was the lesser evil. I will start those nodes back up once BTC p2pool payment dests are below 200.

Our BCH (:9348), LTC (:9327 and :9325), and DASH (:7903) p2pool nodes are still operating normally.
Hey. Do you have any plans in the near future to return to port 9334?
The network has become more secure, the number of addresses has been greatly reduced.
There is also a fault-tolerant Cgminer 4.10.0, which I can provide you with for testing, and further use.

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 12, 2018 1:28 pm

I restarted that server a few days ago:
The number of payouts in the BTC p2pool's coinbase has fallen to around 161 again, so I have restarted my BTC p2pool nodes on 9332, 9334, and 9336.
Last edited by jtoomim on Sat May 12, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedsem

Sat May 12, 2018 6:24 pm

I restarted that server a few days ago:.
Do you plan to transfer your power to bitcoin in the near future? If you plan to wait for you at 9334 port?

jtoomim
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm

No, the jtoomimnet BTC p2pool appears to have enough hashrate (4.6 PH/s) right now to ensure its survival without me. I think BCH has a better long-term potential than BTC, so I prefer to mine that.

Note: There's nothing special about the 9334 port. I operate BTC p2pool nodes on ports 9332, 9334, and 9336 that are all part of the same p2pool. The default port for jtoomimnet BTC is 9332, not 9334.

sagus
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 14, 2018 4:38 pm

But with pypy there is always and everywhere this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/opt/sha256d/p2pool-btc-fork/p2pool/util/deferral.py", line 284, in _worker
self.func(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/opt/sha256d/p2pool-btc-fork/p2pool/util/expiring_dict.py", line 109, in <lambda>
self._expire_loop = expire_loop = deferral.RobustLoopingCall(lambda: self_ref().expire())
exceptions.AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'expire'
I have noticed that also, it seems like a bug in the pypy JIT. Here's a workaround:
--- a/p2pool/util/expiring_dict.py
+++ b/p2pool/util/expiring_dict.py
@@ -106,7 +106,7 @@ class ExpiringDict(object):
self.d = dict() # key -> node, value

self_ref = weakref.ref(self, lambda _: expire_loop.stop() if expire_loop.running else None)
- self._expire_loop = expire_loop = deferral.RobustLoopingCall(lambda: self_ref().expire())
+ self._expire_loop = expire_loop = deferral.RobustLoopingCall(lambda: self_ref().expire() if isinstance(self_ref(),ExpiringDict) else None)
expire_loop.start(1)

def stop(self):

Return to “Pools”