seatramp
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Bitcoin.com Mining Pool Official Discussion Thread

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:42 am

There is nothing regards apologies. You are in breach of contract. You signed a contract guaranteeing 100% uptime. With the 1 year contracts you were effectively buying them with other peoples money letting people participate for 1 year and then use the machines yourself. A the last prices quotes a total rippoff. You are buying the S9 @ 3300 USD + 300 for power kit and cable getting 13,5 THs and sell 5 TH for 1 year for 3799 USD. You make >100000% profit in first year, because you invest nothing and all profits for gthe rest of lifetime. Ridiculuos offer anyhow . Only you can make a profit at todays prices and expected changes in difficulty if BTC/BCH stays the same. Investors loose big!

The lifetime contracts were a lot fairer and profitable. And now you are defrauding investors pretending you need 3,5 months to switch to a new center. Ridiculous. Its a lot of machines but already @ 100 THs an investors looses about 10000 USD a month for inactivity. So you either speed this up to 14 days and work a big crew on it or I have to take legal measures. Other investors interested in joining legal measures please contact cxmask-ft@yahoo.,de
+1!!

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:00 am

Other investors interested in joining legal measures please contact cxmask-ft@yahoo.,de
+1

Masquerade

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CB12rc2239wPjWPb51tfnMUCTVmprTiaw

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:19 am

Leave your comment on reddit as well:
https://redd.it/7rf1mz

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 35CcfPNyyq5wMuBNA2zRjj8FJ6JqpFC9S6

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 am

bitcoin.com has guaranteed us all 100% uptime. and tore big advertising so made all over her page.

I know that all really big server providers would never do that.
The maximum 99.99% also give amazon 99.95%

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/sla/?nc1=h_ls

We have allso very good judgments that we win!

Politicos

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CwEQKZ4it3mUZ2aocZpACqTmjUVcxneQi

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 pm

I for one would also like to see an official statement for RogerVer or at least from Shaun. The lack of communication is unacceptable.

seatramp
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Other investors interested in joining legal measures please contact cxmask-ft@yahoo.,de
+1
+1

seatramp
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:15 pm

I for one would also like to see an official statement for RogerVer or at least from Shaun. The lack of communication is unacceptable.
They probably busy on YouTube talking about how altruistic they are

seatramp
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Leave your comment on reddit as well:
https://redd.it/7rf1mz
+1

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:36 pm

BTC BCH
DARI ratio (period averages) chart
Now* 1.00x 1.10x
6 hour 1.00x 1.05x
1 day 1.02x 1.00x
7 day 1.00x 1.00x
* The average of the last 3 blocks is used to even out tx fees.
Relative hashrate (period averages) chart
6 hours 90.19% 9.81%
1 day 90.11% 9.89%
7 day 89.14% 10.86%
30 day 89.14% 10.86%
Blocks found (period sum/rate) chart
Last hour 16 17

now wee los $$$$$$

farzin
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to farzinfarzin01010197

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:47 pm

I agree. All mining pools are a contract. The miners in this pool did not just wake up one day and say "Well, I think I will try this crypto mining thing, I will throw some money into it, and I will see what happens". That would have been "taking a chance".

The way this is being handled, looks like Roger "took a chance" by starting a mining pool, and he wants all of us to "take a chance" with him. I do not think that was the intent of the mining pool at all.

seatramp
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:12 pm

The way this is being handled, looks like Roger "took a chance" by starting a mining pool, and he wants all of us to "take a chance" with him. I do not think that was the intent of the mining pool at all.
Good point. And it that's the case u'd think he'd have curtsy to let us know that ...eh... like beforehand.

berkay

Donate BTC of your choice to 19NET9THDh95Vdys4Ea6TUhSkQGWg3rwRn

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks god, you are not refunding our initial fees back as onions, tomatoes or worse bottle cap.

You are taking advantage of the problems in China. I can understand why you are pausing the life time contracts, but I can't understand why you are not paying the initial bitcoins back. You cant just put all the lost on us. Its not fair!

You didn't just earn our bitcoins, you also get bitcoin cash from your customers who bought before the fork and you are still not paying our rights. So we were the fool ones who paid to your services to make you richer?

I promise i will never forgive bitcoin.com and let it go as that simple if you don't pay our initial bitcoin payments back.

The greatest bad guys, you understand where they're coming from. They believe they're doing the right thing. Sometimes it's for greed, sometimes it's for other reasons, but they are what they call the center of good. They always believe they're doing the right thing.

John Lasseter

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Thanks god, you are not refunding our initial fees back as onions, tomatoes or worse bottle cap.

You are taking advantage of the problems in China. I can understand why you are pausing the life time contracts, but I can't understand why you are not paying the initial bitcoins back. You cant just put all the lost on us. Its not fair!

You didn't just earn our bitcoins, you also get bitcoin cash from your customers who bought before the fork and you are still not paying our rights. So we were the fool ones who paid to your services to make you richer?

I promise i will never forgive bitcoin.com and let it go as that simple if you don't pay our initial bitcoin payments back.

The greatest bad guys, you understand where they're coming from. They believe they're doing the right thing. Sometimes it's for greed, sometimes it's for other reasons, but they are what they call the center of good. They always believe they're doing the right thing.

John Lasseter
++++++11111

and with these stolen bch, they want to buy minig contracts back from us

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:19 pm

+1000 !

But hey, we have choice : either we accept the deal or we wait until someday, maybe, err, well, they don't know… Maybe Zowki is building himself the datacenter and then will move the hardware one by one in its luggage, one by day. That's probably why it takes so long :D

For them it's win-win.
We take the refund, they win a max and have free hardware.
We wait, they win the mined coins during the pause (who really trust them they have to move every contract from North America of China ?).

The refund would cost them about 2,5 months of mining at current very low exchange rate, even less if price rise again.
It's also a little less than what I paid in BTC, before the split, meaning it's finally totally free for them as they had for free these BCH…

They made a HUGE mistake and take absolutely no responsibility about that.

Absolutely no company do that. Or they face HUGE problems with justice and customers.

And, worst, as said Politicos, they absolutely don't care about it and don't even come here to try to find a better solution for everybody.
No.
Nothing.

Exactly like for the pool fees increase.

Exactly like when they kept huge mining fees for them-self.

They really don't care about us.

Oh, no, my bad, I forgot ! They sent a side kick to say they are really, really, REALLY, sorry (and thanks us a lot for the free money !).

chchPaul

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:32 am

I don't think that all the lifetime contract holders will feel the same way. It might depend on when you started your contract. I was a bit surprised at first and felt powerless when I got the email yesterday announcing this. I decided to try selling my contract on Ebay but only got 8 views and no watchers after leaving it listed overnight, so I cancelled the ebay listing and accepted the refund of my initial $ from bitcoin.com. I needed money promptly, so that helped me make a quick decision. Although I can understand if you were much more focussed on the possible income from mining that you would be upset to have no income until at least the end of April 2018, especially if you had a large contract. Mine was only 4 TH/s.

A couple of months after starting this contract, I wondered about asking for a refund but (as stated several times through this forum) they had a policy of no refunds. So I stuck with it and you know what, I gained 0.19 BTC from this contract (about $2000 USD) since May last year and now I have the initial investment back as well, so I feel it is not bad at all actually. I am happy to move on and hold no bad feeling towards bitcoin.com or Roger Ver.

farzin
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to farzinfarzin01010197

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:59 am

I decided to try selling my contract on Ebay but only got 8 views and no watchers after leaving it listed overnight, so I cancelled the ebay listing and accepted the refund of my initial $ from bitcoin.com. I needed money promptly, so that helped me make a quick decision.
The reason you saw no interest on eBay is when you list your contract on eBay, you have to disclose that actual mining will start at the end of April (or some unknown time thereafter). Well, yes, of course, buyers on eBay will not buy a mining contract that will not start for 3.5 months, and possibly longer.

chchPaul

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:07 am

I did disclose that and make it plain on my listing. But thanks anyway.

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:09 am

I don't think that all the lifetime contract holders will feel the same way. It might depend on when you started your contract. I was a bit surprised at first and felt powerless when I got the email yesterday announcing this. I decided to try selling my contract on Ebay but only got 8 views and no watchers after leaving it listed overnight, so I cancelled the ebay listing and accepted the refund of my initial $ from bitcoin.com. I needed money promptly, so that helped me make a quick decision. Although I can understand if you were much more focussed on the possible income from mining that you would be upset to have no income until at least the end of April 2018, especially if you had a large contract. Mine was only 4 TH/s.

A couple of months after starting this contract, I wondered about asking for a refund but (as stated several times through this forum) they had a policy of no refunds. So I stuck with it and you know what, I gained 0.19 BTC from this contract (about $2000 USD) since May last year and now I have the initial investment back as well, so I feel it is not bad at all actually. I am happy to move on and hold no bad feeling towards bitcoin.com or Roger Ver.
Good for you.

I have a great deal for you : you lend me all your coins. I wait the value increase by 400%, and I'll give you back 150% of what you gave me (in USD). You can't loose money ! Great deal, isn't it ? :idea:

chchPaul

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:13 am

I paid $728 and received back $2000 plus the $728 8 months later.

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:21 am

I paid $728 and received back $2000 plus the $728 8 months later.
No problem ! I give you 600% but I wait it makes 1000% then :D

Stop counting in USD, count in BTC/BCH as they always did to see how hard you've been fucked.

Just count how much you loose by not keeping your coins. And don't forget to include the BCH (and even the BTG) fork…

For me it's easy : they offer me 8% of the coins I paid for the contract and, so far, I received by mining only 55-60% of what I invested. And they break the contract after only 8 months, while it's still very profitable.

predig

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:00 am

Really? is this what has happened to Bitcoin.com too? All my lifetime contract mining is "Paused" with a refund button attached.

What the heck is going on now, I got screwed by Hashflare three days after handing over my hard-earned money, is that now happening here with Bitcoin.com? Really?

What I am discovering about the "space" is that it is filled with the most immoral and deceptive people on the planet. Little wonder you will be so heavily regulated, you lack the moral capacity to stand by the contracts and agreements YOU WROTE.

Now all we need is Genesis Mining to confirm the deceptive nature of this industry and we can close the loop.

Please email me at edi.g@bigpond.com if you are planning legal action against this new fraud.

Makes me sick; all this in a time that it has never been more profitable. Amazing how greed can gear a new governing motive.

fiatoshi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:36 am

I just want to know what's going on here first.

https://www.ccn.com/china-restrict-cryp ... plans-yet/

The news coverage about the China mining restrictions (that I've been able to find) does not match the timing or urgency of the Pause Notice (aka the "lifetime contract shakedown notice") we received.

So for them to attempt such a move as this Pause Notice, there must either (i) be dire liquidity issues at the Pool or Saint Bitts as a whole (Shaun has stated here that they were operating at a loss for BCH mining), and/or (ii) Emil and team simply think they would try to cynically scare off as many Lifetime Contract owners as possible, and in either case the "China regulations" reasoning is, to some extent, just a convenient slice of FUD.

Steps that seem prudent for Lifetime Contract owners to take at this stage:
- Screen grabs etc of this thread etc (unless Internet Archive can be relied on)
- NOT cancelling the Lifetime Contract --> Of course it's your own decision, which may be affected by the time and price at which you purchased the contract and your current need for cash
- Keeping track of roughly what income would have otherwise been generated on each day from the date of the Pause Notice to the date the Lifetime Contract comes back online
- Getting clarification about the liquidity situation of the Pool and Saint Bitts --> Can't get blood from a stone, and nor would I derive any satisfaction from trying--but unless I see Roger trading in his fancy car for a ママチャリ, I will be expecting my mining income
- Once the Lifetime Contract comes back online, respectfully negotiating with the Pool or its legal representatives for reasonable compensation for the downtime

To think that I spent the day before the Pause Notice watching the Bitconnect exit scam fallout with self-satisfied schadenfreude!

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:21 am

What is happening ? First time I see such high numbers…

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:35 am

So for them to attempt such a move as this Pause Notice, there must either (i) be dire liquidity issues at the Pool or Saint Bitts as a whole (Shaun has stated here that they were operating at a loss for BCH mining), and/or (ii) Emil and team simply think they would try to cynically scare off as many Lifetime Contract owners as possible, and in either case the "China regulations" reasoning is, to some extent, just a convenient slice of FUD.
I think you have some answers there…

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/the-s ... useless--/
Oldenburg doesn't want to talk about bitcoin.com revenues or to what extent they depend on trades in BCH versus BTC, but he reveals to Breakit the company makes “an awful lot of money".

fiatoshi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 am

Oldenburg doesn't want to talk about bitcoin.com revenues or to what extent they depend on trades in BCH versus BTC, but he reveals to Breakit the company makes “an awful lot of money"

When I read this article I assumed that it was likely an error by the layman journalist--ie, conflating "mining income of the pool" with "Saint Bitt's operating profits."

abbasnejad
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:35 am

poolhr.png
increasing....!!!!
Last edited by abbasnejad on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seatramp
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:46 am

... You cant just put all the lost on us. Its not fair!

. I will support any, ANY, law suite
Last edited by seatramp on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:14 am

Join wee will 100% win and wee do 100% a legal Action

disappointed_contract_holder

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:52 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7 ... _in_china/

It looks like other people are in full damage control mode. Most likely Roger will be able to keep this "scam" silent.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:13 pm

As per the terms and conditions that you agreed to when buying the contract (https://poolsupport.bitcoin.com/article ... conditions): "the Service Provider shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Customer as a result of force majeure".
Most of our hash rate is in the USA but the Chinese government banning Bitcoin mining clearly is an example of force majeure. Lifetime contracts were allocated to China.

Our mining contracts were priced in USD, and we have offered you a 100% refund priced in USD. That means all of the income you received until now was completely free for you.
Alternatively you can wait for us to relocate our miners from China, and your contract will resume as soon as the move has been completed.

When you paid for your contract in BTC, we immediately use your BTC to purchase new mining hardware. That is why our contracts are priced in USD.

There are two parts of our pool, hardware mining and cloud mining. The recent increased hashrate on our pool comes from hardware mining users on our pool. We do not own that hashrate.

Please send an email to pool@bitcoin.com if you have any further questions.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “Pool”