Fbernals
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1MRXnAK4FtARx7rQ9JrGgS63FVPojcTjNv

Re: Bitcoin.com Mining Pool Official Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:54 pm

That, only, and only if difficulty hadn't rendered it unprofitable.

I don't think it's a good idea to hold to the contracts, at least not the 100 th I have now. Difficulty is increasing at a higher rate these days and who knows if contracts will still be profitable after that and for how long. I think I can get more with a refund right now than waiting for hashrate to come back online and waiting for profit in the long term. All the profit I made was like free money after all because I get my money back and get to keep my profit.
Last edited by Fbernals on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomppa
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm

That, only, and only if difficulty hadn't rendered it unprofitable.
I don't think it's a good idea to hold to the contracts, at least not the 100 th I have now. Difficulty is increasing at a higher rate these days and who know it contracts will still be profitable after that and for how long. I think I can get more with a refund right now than waiting for hashrate to come back online and waiting for profit in the long term. All the profit I made was like free money after all because I get my money back and get to keep my profit.
That's the case if you paid by wire transfer and look only $ value. But if you used your Bitcoin, you have lost atleast half of your coins depending on when you bought your contracts. Basically you gave your bitcoins away for half a price.

I'm done with these cloud mining scams and will now on buy only real hardware to run on my own. None of these services will let you profit, EVER. No way, you can bet that they come up with some bullshit to invalidate your contracts and take away your earnings.
Last edited by tomppa on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 35CcfPNyyq5wMuBNA2zRjj8FJ6JqpFC9S6

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:17 pm

bitcoin.com guarantees 100% uptime.
where is the guarantee now and that you can sell the contracts back is probably more than a joke. and then I want to get back my btc I used then

translated as googel

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 pm

100 days @ 1,652.56 USD = 170'156USD and the coin prise go up many more that is more than impossible

tomppa
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:32 pm

100 days @ 1,652.56 USD = 170'156USD and the coin prise go up many more that is more than impossible
Man that sucks. To be honest, If I were you with that kind of losses, I would hire a lawyer and sue them.

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

I looked into the pool hashrate statistics strangely, there's nothing missing on hashrate!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm

I looked into the pool hashrate statistics strangely, there's nothing missing on hashrate!
Our China datacenter went offline on 10th January. Charts do not go back that far.

The China hashrate you see on those pages comes from hardware miners on our pool, not from our own mining equipment.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:09 pm

haha sorry XD sorry givs me no many the i loss !!!

tomppa
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Our China datacenter went offline on 10th January. Charts do not go back that far.
But our memory will. I for one, do not remember a single block mined by Chinese servers. And I'm quite sure that no one else here does either. Your intentions are so obvious and transparent that it's actually funny to imagine how stupid you think your customers are.

You may buy back my yearly contracts with you as well, as I'm done with you. Thanks.

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 pm

A refund at current price isn't even a good deal. So, at the date of purchase price, it's a total scam. You make the mistake, you pay the price. Most of your hashrate was supposed to be in the US.

okarmoune@

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:37 pm

THES IS WHAT YOU TOLD US , YOU SAID THAT ALL THE HASHRATE IS OUT CHINA OR THE MOST OF IT ,WE NEED ANSWER FOR THAT ,

disappointed_contract_holder

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 pm

Anyone planning on taking this to r/btc/? We definitely can't let this go unnoticed. Bitcoin.com has basically screwed over every contract holder. Their "solution" is laughable at best.

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Well, at least, I'm impressed to see how fast you implemented the «refund» function on the admin dashboard considering how long it tooks you to adjust mining fees or other things in favor to us for the last weeks…

Fridge

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:59 pm

Why am I still paying contract fees daily if you paused my lifetime contract, hello logic?

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 pm

We've partnered with the largest mining farm in North America. My understanding of the benefit to them is that they can get a guaranteed amount for their hash rate right now that allows them to buy more hash rate right away, rather than having to wait a whole month.
It was said by Roger Ver on may 18th. So, what the fuck with your China reason ?!
pools/bitcoin-com-mining-pool-official- ... tml#p61576

pools/bitcoin-com-mining-pool-official- ... tml#p61666
I'm at the mercy of the miner that we have partnered with, but they are the biggest in all of North America and they have my complete trust.
If something were to go wrong, depending on the exact circumstances, I may make good on everything out of my own pocket.
Ok, prove it now !

It's even told, since the first days of cloud contracts, that the datacenter was in the US ! https://web.archive.org/web/20170508133 ... ex_en.html

Last edited by Fubukiryuu on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Undelicious

Donate BTC of your choice to 14BSC4rn7Y97udEkmd4hUGmnYDVktWboWZ

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Anyone planning on taking this to r/btc/? We definitely can't let this go unnoticed. Bitcoin.com has basically screwed over every contract holder. Their "solution" is laughable at best.
I'm wondering why this topic didn't pop up on r/btc yet. I'll guess they just gonna say that cloud mining contracts were no good Idea in
the first place. On the other hand the kids over on r/Bitcoin will love to use this to hold something against Roger and bch in general. Not the best move.

fiatoshi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 pm

許せんぞ。

Code: Select all

Pause your contract from January 18th until approximately April 30th
Note "approximately"... ie there is not even any attempt to guarantee that this date will be met to begin with.

Can any one provide more context to this move in terms of other cloud mining pools? Which other pools has a similar things happened to? Were they BCH-aligned pools? Is this related to liquidity issues at Saint Bitts due to the failed attempts at BCH flippenings last year?

tomppa
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:13 am

許せんぞ。

Code: Select all

Pause your contract from January 18th until approximately April 30th
Note "approximately"... ie there is not even any attempt to guarantee that this date will be met to begin with.

Can any one provide more context to this move in terms of other cloud mining pools? Which other pools has a similar things happened to? Were they BCH-aligned pools? Is this related to liquidity issues at Saint Bitts due to the failed attempts at BCH flippenings last year?
ViaBTC surprised their customers a week ago similarly by increasing fees to 50% and giving buy-back option similar to this. That's where these guys propably got their idea how to get rid of us.

Fubukiryuu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 am

ViaBTC surprised their customers a week ago similarly by increasing fees to 50% and giving buy-back option similar to this. That's where these guys propably got their idea how to get rid of us.
But their proposal, already considered as a scam, gives 2.2 more BCH per share than the one of Bitcoin.com as they pay a fixed amount per share of 300$…

fiatoshi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:47 am

7.0 Limitation of Liability
Without detriment to the Service Providers (St Bitts’) obligation to render the Services on a commercially reasonable basis only, any liability of the Service Provider hereunder and or in connection with this Agreement shall be limited to willful misconduct and gross negligence. Further, the Service Provider shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Customer as a result of force majeur which shall include any disruption or breakdown of the Bitcoin market. We make no guarantees, warranties or representations whatsoever as to (a) the future value of any Bitcoins produced; nor (b) the rate at which Bitcoins will be produced in the future applying particular hash rates, pursuant to any Bitcoin Cloud Mining Contract purchased by you.

Governing Law, Language and Miscellaneous
8.1 These Terms of Service have been made in and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with Hong Kong law. Any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with this contract shall be referred to and determined by arbitration under the Electronic Transaction Arbitration Rules of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre. Hong Kong shall be the seat of arbitration and any such dispute shall be resolved at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center by a single arbitrator.
Should it come to it--an application to the HKIAC on the basis of liability due to wilful misconduct or gross negligence. There is no way that the "force majeur" (misspelt) clause covers this scenario.

Not wanting to add noise and bluster; just clarifying what the redress process would be.
Keep the good posts coming about getting to the bottom of this.

PSD13

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CY75ZYskwemDHbtc9PGRtfmkAca9eqMHh

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:07 am

I think that reputation of bitcoin.com and Roger Ver's reputation is more important for the future than profits
I'm at the mercy of the miner that we have partnered with, but they are the biggest in all of North America and they have my complete trust.
If something were to go wrong, depending on the exact circumstances, I may make good on everything out of my own pocket.
So the best solution at this time is:
1. Receive a 100% full refund of your initial USD cost (paid in BCH at current exchange rate). Your contract will permanently end if you chose a refund.
2. Receive a 100% full refund of your initial BTC cost. Your contract will permanently end if you chose a refund.
3. Pause your contract from January 18th until approximately April 30th while we move our hardware to a data center outside of China.

Anyway, good luck to all of us and stay positive in these circumstances :-)

chchPaul

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:11 am

OK, I listed my contract on Ebay. We'll see how that goes..
Roger it would indeed be good for you if you would offer us something to compensate apart from merely a refund of what we paid a year ago.

Sirslicey
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 18vC6rHB7HuVU9zK9D6mNmGQ7ScqXVDoU2

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:19 am

A refund in terms of initial cost in USD is simply not worth it, assuming the hashrate ever comes online again. What is dissapointing to me is that the hashrate is guaranteed 100% uptime.

fiatoshi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:34 am

What is dissapointing to me is that the hashrate is guaranteed 100% uptime.
Yes (if by "disappointing" you mean "unconscionable").
And given its prominence in the advertising/explanatory materials, such guarantee is definitely not obviated by the cover-all "no guarantees" language in the T&C.

fiatoshi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:12 am

If China plans to shutdown mining, is there any canary to warn users of such an event to move coin.
Will lifetime contracts migrate to your US mining rigs? What is your contingency plan for a china mining ban?
Most of our hashrate is in the USA.

We are already planning to move all our China hashrate to other countries.
"Most" means "except every single lifetime contract"?

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:29 am

The China hashrate you see on those pages comes from hardware miners on our pool, not from our own mining equipment.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

no we do not apologize for your 100% uptime guaranteed. that is not to apologize !!!!!! it's about too much money !!!!

Oggo

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:22 am

There is nothing regards apologies. You are in breach of contract. You signed a contract guaranteeing 100% uptime. With the 1 year contracts you were effectively buying them with other peoples money letting people participate for 1 year and then use the machines yourself. A the last prices quotes a total rippoff. You are buying the S9 @ 3300 USD + 300 for power kit and cable getting 13,5 THs and sell 5 TH for 1 year for 3799 USD. You make >100000% profit in first year, because you invest nothing and all profits for gthe rest of lifetime. Ridiculuos offer anyhow . Only you can make a profit at todays prices and expected changes in difficulty if BTC/BCH stays the same. Investors loose big!

The lifetime contracts were a lot fairer and profitable. And now you are defrauding investors pretending you need 3,5 months to switch to a new center. Ridiculous. Its a lot of machines but already @ 100 THs an investors looses about 10000 USD a month for inactivity. So you either speed this up to 14 days and work a big crew on it or I have to take legal measures. Other investors interested in joining legal measures please contact cxmask-ft@yahoo.,de

bangteh
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 12qHEnK5JZEvp8tZcLZKiD8rnQyJVtKPvR

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:32 am

i think better place you move out your asic miner to thailand.. it is the best place and also cheap electric ...

MikeOFF
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 am

bitcoin.com you are not the smart one, right?

you have so many customers and these customers have made with you btc and bch.

so most customers have the money for really good lawyers. XD ;-)

Do you really have the feeling we let that happen to us

seatramp
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am

If China plans to shutdown mining, is there any canary to warn users of such an event to move coin.
Will lifetime contracts migrate to your US mining rigs? What is your contingency plan for a china mining ban?
Most of our hashrate is in the USA.

We are already planning to move all our China hashrate to other countries.
"Most" means "except every single lifetime contract"?

Totally agree. I used to like bitcoin.com

I though you guys were at least a bit less dirty then the banksters (like Roger preaches).. but u are as greedy as the rest of 'em. No trust in you. No trust in your preaching about bright future - screw u. Screw Roger. Lost any respect for you. and yes, i will support any lawsuit it might turned into.
Last edited by seatramp on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pool”