fiatoshi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Bitcoin.com Mining Pool Official Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 am

Estimated daily revenue on any given day is three times my actual revenue (this is after reflecting daily fees). What gives?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:35 am

Estimated daily revenue on any given day is three times my actual revenue (this is after reflecting daily fees). What gives?
Could you please email the support team about this: pool@bitcoin.com

Please include your account username in the email.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

fiatoshi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Apparent disparity was due to my confusion with the numbers. So please disregard my previous post.

farzin
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to farzinfarzin01010197

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:32 am

Auto-withdrawal has been working for BTC, but not for BCH. I am trying to enable my auto-withdrawal for BCH. Please advise if I just click on "Enable auto-withdrawal?" Or if there are any other specific actions that I need to take. Thank you.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:32 am

Auto-withdrawal has been working for BTC, but not for BCH. I am trying to enable my auto-withdrawal for BCH. Please advise if I just click on "Enable auto-withdrawal?" Or if there are any other specific actions that I need to take. Thank you.
You probably just need to select "Bitcoin cash"

From your account dashboard click on "settings" and the first option you will see is the "Change Payout Address" box. Click on "Bitcoin Cash" and then if you see it says "Enable auto-withdrawal" click on that and then select the days you want it to run.

If you need any further help, please contact support on: pool@bitcoin.com
Apparent disparity was due to my confusion with the numbers. So please disregard my previous post.
Thanks for letting us know
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:22 pm

SELLING 103TH "Lifetime Contract" on pool.bitcoin.com

$79 per TH

Payment must be in BCH
Are you still selling lifetime contracts?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Are you still selling lifetime contracts?
Are you asking about pool.bitcoin.com or someone reselling their contract? At this time pool.bitcoin.com is only selling 5 year contracts.

KableK
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1J7uFwLKk2k9ZtiE2v8ZHGwmCcBdyUpHw4

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:41 pm

All of my lifetime contracts are showing "Consecutive Unprofitable Days: 30" but I last made profit with those contracts (not much but still profit) on August 19th. It should be at 18 days.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 am

All of my lifetime contracts are showing "Consecutive Unprofitable Days: 30" but I last made profit with those contracts (not much but still profit) on August 19th. It should be at 18 days.
Hi KableK, please contact support at pool@bitcoin.com

Thank you

thang

Donate BTC of your choice to 1MsjcJb3zp6vmkEjr8oEKa2kezFVgdEREh

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 am

I haven't received any profit from 25TH/s lifetime contract for 2 months. Why???????????????????????????

dirgeg

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi there - I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I recently received some e-mails saying you've ended some of my contracts because they've been unprofitable for 60 days. That's despite the fact they have made some (albeit tiny) profit in the last 7 days and, at least in the last 30 days (according to your own statement for last month). I've sent you an e-mail with some attached evidence. I think your system is too zealous in trying to end people's contracts, at the very least, it seems it's not considering the effects of cumulative contract hashrate which is profitable (but your system takes each in isolation and rounds the profit off to zero).

Suggest everyone in the same boat carefully study what they have on hand and contact bitcoin.com as I don't believe I'm the only one to have met this issue.

kobuzzer

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:52 am

Hi there - I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I recently received some e-mails saying you've ended some of my contracts because they've been unprofitable for 60 days. That's despite the fact they have made some (albeit tiny) profit in the last 7 days and, at least in the last 30 days (according to your own statement for last month). I've sent you an e-mail with some attached evidence. I think your system is too zealous in trying to end people's contracts, at the very least, it seems it's not considering the effects of cumulative contract hashrate which is profitable (but your system takes each in isolation and rounds the profit off to zero).

Suggest everyone in the same boat carefully study what they have on hand and contact bitcoin.com as I don't believe I'm the only one to have met this issue.
Scam site... My contract has ended two months early, and I hardly earned anything close to what I paid in... How sad. Who benefited here??? =[

kobuzzer

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:59 am

raw deal bitcoin.com is

tudx1

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:26 am

Me too. Just got the email, hadn't been watching my 'profits' for a while, come to find that I didn't even get 1/2 of the funds I put in. VERY DISAPPOINTED. If they can't be profitable mining, how are they still selling contracts??? I would appreciate the moderator to reply to these recent posts please, hopefully with a method to to get the funds back if they are not able to run a profitable operation.

dirgeg

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Hitting a bit of a brickwall with support here so let me put my question here as well, in very simple terms.

I have a statement for the month of September that is positive (albeit for a very small amount) - this account consists entirely of old cost contracts (i.e. 28c/TH daily cost).

I have an e-mail a few days ago that says the contracts are cancelled because they have been unprofitable for 60 consecutive days.

By my maths, that means these contracts should have begun to be unprofitable and stayed unprofitable for every day since early August.

So how is it possible that I made some money on these contracts in September and yet they've apparently been unprofitable for 60 consecutive days? What am I missing here?

gardahck

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:57 pm

Purchased a 2 year contract. Was currently 6 months into the contract and got the unprofitable for 60 days message. Basically spent 5k for 300$. If the contract is cancelled I feel like there should at least be a refund on time remaining on the contract. I thought I was supporting BCH but in reality I would have been better off just buying it.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Hitting a bit of a brickwall with support here so let me put my question here as well, in very simple terms.

I have a statement for the month of September that is positive (albeit for a very small amount) - this account consists entirely of old cost contracts (i.e. 28c/TH daily cost).

I have an e-mail a few days ago that says the contracts are cancelled because they have been unprofitable for 60 consecutive days.

By my maths, that means these contracts should have begun to be unprofitable and stayed unprofitable for every day since early August.

So how is it possible that I made some money on these contracts in September and yet they've apparently been unprofitable for 60 consecutive days? What am I missing here?
Hi dirgeg,

Please email support (pool@bitcoin.com) and you'll be provided with details relevant to your account.

Thank you.

dirgeg

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:40 pm

Well Well Well, bitcoin.com ... I have to say, I am quite disappointed.

After a few e-mails back and forth to support, the key point finally comes out:
If you’ve been mining auto-profit you’ll need to have a profitable day for BOTH coins, BCH and BTC, for the day to be considered profitable.
Really? Do you really think that's a fair definition of 'profitable'? I would've thought that a fair definition was 'able to make profit'. Since the contracts could switch between BTC and BCH, I would've thought if either happened to be profitable, the whole day should be considered profitable. If you really meant that BOTH BTC AND BCH had to be profitable to remain within your definition I think that needs to be clearly stated somewhere - I don't recall seeing it in the t&cs if it's tucked away there but even if it is, that's not where it should be.

A hypothetical for you all - after all this time of Roger Ver coming and promoting that buying bitcoin.com contracts was also supporting Bitcoin Cash - as it turns out, they were planning to cancel your contracts in the event of a flippening since according to the above definition, both coins need to remain profitable for the contract to continue... thanks for supporting bitcoin cash guys, happy to report this has been a huge success, we'll be taking your money now, cheers!

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:11 pm

If you’ve been mining auto-profit you’ll need to have a profitable day for BOTH coins, BCH and BTC, for the day to be considered profitable.
Really? Do you really think that's a fair definition of 'profitable'? I would've thought that a fair definition was 'able to make profit'. Since the contracts could switch between BTC and BCH, I would've thought if either happened to be profitable, the whole day should be considered profitable. If you really meant that BOTH BTC AND BCH had to be profitable to remain within your definition I think that needs to be clearly stated somewhere - I don't recall seeing it in the t&cs if it's tucked away there but even if it is, that's not where it should be.

A hypothetical for you all - after all this time of Roger Ver coming and promoting that buying bitcoin.com contracts was also supporting Bitcoin Cash - as it turns out, they were planning to cancel your contracts in the event of a flippening since according to the above definition, both coins need to remain profitable for the contract to continue... thanks for supporting bitcoin cash guys, happy to report this has been a huge success, we'll be taking your money now, cheers!
Hi dirgeg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding auto-profit mining.

Please see the following for a more specific explanation:

When auto-mining the fee is divided up between time spent on each chain. Chain switch can occur once every hour so the fee could be divided into 24 hours. Example (1 TH/s)($0.28 USD fee), 12 hours mining BTC and 12 hours mining BCH would mean the miner would need to earn at least $0.14 USD fee in BTC itself and at least $0.14 USD fee in BCH itself. Another example, 1 hour mining BTC and 23 hours mining BCH would mean the miner would need to earn at least $0.01166666 USD fee in BTC and at least $0.26833333 USD fee in BCH.

tomppa
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm

This wasn't mentioned anywhere while contracts were sold. You just came up with this out of nowhere. Propably you switched the mining just to make sure there were no such profits for whole 24 hour period. Or altered statistics at the server end. There's always an excuse (remember that datacenter move?) to make sure you get no money back nor profit for that matter. You don't just give a fuck anymore since you got all the hardware your customers bought for you. Scam. Stay away from this and let the others know too.

dirgeg

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi dirgeg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding auto-profit mining.

Please see the following for a more specific explanation:

When auto-mining the fee is divided up between time spent on each chain. Chain switch can occur once every hour so the fee could be divided into 24 hours. Example (1 TH/s)($0.28 USD fee), 12 hours mining BTC and 12 hours mining BCH would mean the miner would need to earn at least $0.14 USD fee in BTC itself and at least $0.14 USD fee in BCH itself. Another example, 1 hour mining BTC and 23 hours mining BCH would mean the miner would need to earn at least $0.01166666 USD fee in BTC and at least $0.26833333 USD fee in BCH.
To be clear, I'm not upset at making a bad investment (which it was) and I'm not upset at the autoswitching system, which, I think all will agree, is in principle, a nice feature to have. I'm upset at the fact that you introduced autoswitching without clearly realising or upon realising without clearly explaining what the ramifications of using that system would be. If I take your above example, that means I could spend 23 hours in BCH mode and earn .30 revenue, spend 1 hour in BTC mode where revenue is below the daily fee prorata (and your system reduces it to zero.) Therefore I will earn 0.0316667 on that day and then the system will still record the day as being unprofitable...
Can you see how counter intuitive that is?
Can you see how it then makes it almost neigh impossible for users to manually verify if 60 consecutively unprofitable days is what you say it is, since earning profit on a day apparently does not make the day 'profitable'?
Can you see how if this was clearly explained, users may have chosen the manually manipulate the switching instead to earn a little less profit but retain the whole day as profitable?
Can you see how strange it is that by using a feature which is ostensibly designed to maximise a customer's profit, a customer can potentially reach their unprofitable threshold faster.

My point is, can you see how counter-intuitive and how many problems your definitions causes and can you see how unfair it is to your users that the only time you choose to explain this clearly to your users is after you cancel their contract applying this interpretation (which you never previously clearly laid out) and even then only after I exchanged several e-mails with your support. At best, this is amateurish and I will definitely think twice about putting money towards bitcoin.com in the future.

In the meantime, you would do well to revise your t&c/explanations when you sell contracts or where people enable auto-switching to clearly explain the above and/or rework auto-switching or your definitions so that future users do not run into the same issues or disable auto-switching altogether if you cannot find an intuitive t&c framework to incorporate it in.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 pm

To be clear, I'm not upset at making a bad investment (which it was) and I'm not upset at the autoswitching system, which, I think all will agree, is in principle, a nice feature to have. I'm upset at the fact that you introduced autoswitching without clearly realising or upon realising without clearly explaining what the ramifications of using that system would be. If I take your above example, that means I could spend 23 hours in BCH mode and earn .30 revenue, spend 1 hour in BTC mode where revenue is below the daily fee prorata (and your system reduces it to zero.) Therefore I will earn 0.0316667 on that day and then the system will still record the day as being unprofitable...
Can you see how counter intuitive that is?
Can you see how it then makes it almost neigh impossible for users to manually verify if 60 consecutively unprofitable days is what you say it is, since earning profit on a day apparently does not make the day 'profitable'?
Can you see how if this was clearly explained, users may have chosen the manually manipulate the switching instead to earn a little less profit but retain the whole day as profitable?
Can you see how strange it is that by using a feature which is ostensibly designed to maximise a customer's profit, a customer can potentially reach their unprofitable threshold faster.

My point is, can you see how counter-intuitive and how many problems your definitions causes and can you see how unfair it is to your users that the only time you choose to explain this clearly to your users is after you cancel their contract applying this interpretation (which you never previously clearly laid out) and even then only after I exchanged several e-mails with your support. At best, this is amateurish and I will definitely think twice about putting money towards bitcoin.com in the future.

In the meantime, you would do well to revise your t&c/explanations when you sell contracts or where people enable auto-switching to clearly explain the above and/or rework auto-switching or your definitions so that future users do not run into the same issues or disable auto-switching altogether if you cannot find an intuitive t&c framework to incorporate it in.
dirgeg,

Your thoughts, feedback and observations are very helpful and we are grateful.

However, I disagree with most of what you've stated.

Do you (or anyone other cloud miners in the Bitcoin.com mining pool) have any evidence of the following:

If I take your above example, that means I could spend 23 hours in BCH mode and earn .30 revenue, spend 1 hour in BTC mode where revenue is below the daily fee prorata (and your system reduces it to zero.) Therefore I will earn 0.0316667 on that day and then the system will still record the day as being unprofitable...
If you do have such evidence, how often did it occur (was it just one singe day, maybe mining-date Sept. 1st - payout-dated Sept 2nd?).

I'll look again but I believe that your example is not likely (near impossible?) to occur.

I believe that the daily fee being divided between time spent on both chains (when auto-profiting mining) is to prevent something like the following scenario from being considered a profitable day:

Miner spends 23 hours on the BTC chain and earns $0.22 USD in BTC and spends 1 hour on BCH chain and earns $0.02 USD in BCH. In this scenario the miner makes a profit of less than $0.01 USD in BCH and has only paid approximately $.023 USD for the daily fee.

A profit in BCH was made but the day itself was NOT considered to be profitable. Would you agree (if not please let us know)?

dirgeg

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks for the reply nandibear - on reflection, maybe I'm going across a little too aggressive but I do appreciate that you are at least willing to have a discussion about these things.
If you do have such evidence, how often did it occur (was it just one singe day, maybe mining-date Sept. 1st - payout-dated Sept 2nd?).
This is precisely part of my point above - in order to give you your evidence, I will have to go and examine every single day which I made anything in the past 60 days and see the fee and profit breakdowns by chains for those days - instead of what comes intuitively which is - if I made profit on that day, then the day should be profitable, if I didn't, then it wasn't. I'm not trying to fish anything out of you here and I have other things to attend to then to study the records in that level of detail - I'm sure maybe somebody will do it. What I know is a fact is that I have a statement for BCH which made profit in the month of September - intuitively one would think then there was at least some profitable days in the month of September for BCH but unfortunately by application of your autoswitching system and your interpretation, it turns out you can make money on a day but the day's not profitable - and yes, now that I've had it explained to me, I understand why that is but I just think of all of the possible interpretations you've chosen to apply, you've chosen the one that most closely protects bitcoin.com's interests, which fine, I think you're entitled to do that but given, as I've mentioned it's not intuitive and has the potential to cause confusion, if that's the interpretation you've chosen to go with, it should have been clearly explained. Users who are using the auto-switching feature or just switching manually between the chains need to be told -that under some circumstances, bitcoin.com will give them BCH or BTC on that day and yet still consider that day unprofitable - you can disagree with all the rest of the feedback but I think this is critical and a very fair comment, don't you?

And like I mentioned previously - if it had been clearly explained to us, maybe someone of us would've then chosen just to stick to one chain or the other or manipulate the switching manually as opposed to leaving it on auto-switch - maybe it wouldn't have mattered or maybe none of us would have bothered but at least then, we made the decisions with full understanding of how the system would interact with our choices as opposed to what I'm feeling now which is as if I've not been given a fair opportunity to make that choice.

zowki
Services
Services

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 am

And like I mentioned previously - if it had been clearly explained to us, maybe someone of us would've then chosen just to stick to one chain or the other or manipulate the switching manually as opposed to leaving it on auto-switch - maybe it wouldn't have mattered or maybe none of us would have bothered but at least then, we made the decisions with full understanding of how the system would interact with our choices as opposed to what I'm feeling now which is as if I've not been given a fair opportunity to make that choice.
Hi Dirgeg,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry this was not explained clearly enough in our terms and conditions. The terms and conditions were written a long time ago before Bitcoin Cash or auto-profit switching existed. I will revise it to clarify our interpretation.

It seems that manually choosing coins or auto-switching wouldn't make much difference. Ever since the difficulty algorithm was changed in BCH, profitability between BCH and BTC are usually almost the same.

Please see this page for profitability info:
https://cash.coin.dance/blocks/profitability
Shaun Chong - Bitcoin.com Head of Mining Operations

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:04 am

I just want to let everyone know that overt ASIC boost is now live on our pool.
Try it today by upgrading the firm ware on your S9. I'm sure someone else can post the exact details below.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

xeny547285

Donate BTC of your choice to 3PcJWZzBSz1dipSrYzV5pPpwavH4642V3N

Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:55 am

Hi! does the AsicBoost support all variations of s9? like s9i and s9j? and does Bitcoin.com pool open to the idea of FPPS payment?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:23 am

Hi! does the AsicBoost support all variations of s9? like s9i and s9j? and does Bitcoin.com pool open to the idea of FPPS payment?
Hi xeny547285,

Bitmain will release an ASICBoost firmware for more variants later. Currently only S9 is supported.

We are considering FPPS payment later. We are working on other features first.

Analpha.Alfonso

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 pm

PLEASE PROVIDE US AN EVERYDAY GLOSSARY TERM LESSONS FOR MINING CRYPTO CURRENCY(IES); ALSO FOR A BANK AND LIST OF ALL ESTABLISHMENTS, WHO WILL COOPERATE FOR THE EXCHANGES!!!HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES.....

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpk

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 am

I will be adding 100 PH/s to the pool by the end of the year, in one month stages.

Help support the pool by pointing your farm's hashpower! :D More profits for everyone.

Questions or comments? I'm happy to respond.
BTC bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpkj6

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpk

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:47 am

Hi xeny547285,

Bitmain will release an ASICBoost firmware for more variants later. Currently only S9 is supported.

We are considering FPPS payment later. We are working on other features first.
FPPS would be nice, but yes there are other features to be considered. Very happy to hear the openness to suggestions like FPPS. :)
BTC bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpkj6

Return to “Pool”