zowki
Services
Services

Re: Bitcoin.com Mining Pool Official Discussion Thread

Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:25 am

1.What is the payout method ?
PPS or PPLNS
2. Will you be adding individual monitoring of each your miners you have on their on the pool, so you can monitor hashrate (essential if you have remote miners)....Just look at Slushpool interface !!!
We already have that. Individual worker hashrate is displayed in the workers page.
3. Could you add a messaging service via email/mobile is a miner drops by a certain percentage.
We already have an email alert system for offline workers. We can do the same for hashrate drops. I just added it to our to-do list.
4. Would you adding 'rewards' of LTC, other alt coins like Kano based on your contribution to the pool
There aren't plans to do this at the moment.
5 Could you add a 'reward' to the member on the pool who finds the block.
There aren't plans to do this at the moment. We want to make payouts fair for everyone.
Shaun Chong - Bitcoin.com Head of Mining Operations

liberty

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:28 pm

How do I add my S5 as a worker in pool.bitcoin.com?

edit: I got it. It was the "username.minername" that was tripping me up.

bcbenn

Donate BTC of your choice to 1H7q7UPg9zW3mwMk8qJPpQFCNLJMXZz63L

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi, great work on the pool. Kudos to yourself, your backend devs, and your graphic designer! I just have 2 questions.
1. At 110% block reward, you must be coming near breaking even on the pool. Even with the high transaction fees nowadays that you retain, I can't imagine the pool is too profitable currently. So I assume your end goal is to use the computing power of the pool to influence the fork towards Bitcoin Unlimited. Am I correct? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I personally am a full Bitcoin Unlimited supporter, raw hashing power, transaction volume and available bandwidth increase proportionally, so it only makes sense to let all aspects of the blockchain adapt as needed- at least that's my philosophy. But I was just wondering.

2. I don't see it mentioned anywhere; for the PPLNS payout method, what is the Ndiff you are using?

zowki
Services
Services

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:28 am

So I assume your end goal is to use the computing power of the pool to influence the fork towards Bitcoin Unlimited. Am I correct?
Yes
2. I don't see it mentioned anywhere; for the PPLNS payout method, what is the Ndiff you are using?
Could you please specify what you mean by ndiff?

bcbenn

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:50 am

Hey, sorry not to clarify. By Ndiff, I meant for how many network difficulty cycles are the shares averaged over for calculating share precentage and reward when a block is found? For instance for Kano pool, it is 5Ndiff, for Antpool's PPLNS payment it is 2.5Ndiff.

zowki
Services
Services

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:52 am

Hey, sorry not to clarify. By Ndiff, I meant for how many network difficulty cycles are the shares averaged over for calculating share precentage and reward when a block is found? For instance for Kano pool, it is 5Ndiff, for Antpool's PPLNS payment it is 2.5Ndiff.
For us, it's 3Ndiff

icon73
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:02 am

Hi, been referred here by a mod after replying to another thread .

1.What is the payout method ?
2. Will you be adding individual monitoring of each your miners you have on their on the pool, so you can monitor hashrate (essential if you have remote miners)....Just look at Slushpool interface !!!
3. Could you add a messaging service via email/mobile is a miner drops by a certain percentage.
4. Would you adding 'rewards' of LTC, other alt coins like Kano based on your contribution to the pool
5 Could you add a 'reward' to the member on the pool who finds the block.

If all above were met i would definitely use the pool (currently use Slush)

Cheers
1) PPS, or PPLNS, both at 110%
2) It's already there, check the workers tab
3) You can specify alternate email addresses so you can send yourself an SMS if a worker goes down
4) I think it is unlikely, but you would need to ask a pool operator
5) Everyone already gets a 10% extra reward for mining on this pool. That seems like it is already pretty smurfy

bcbenn

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 am

For us, it's 3Ndiff
So about one week currently (obviously with variance.) Sounds perfect to me!

CryptoManiac

Donate BTC of your choice to 1M2j1sz7cLFtwsek9rXpbMS8cDLdNoTNjQ

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:18 pm

How do I get started mining? I have purchased some cloud minig services else where before getting to know about Roger Ver's and I would have preferred I invested here, even though the investments are small! Nonetheless, if I purchase an S9 contact with Viabtc.com, is there anything I have to do?

Thank you!

zowki
Services
Services

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:30 am

How do I get started mining? I have purchased some cloud minig services else where before getting to know about Roger Ver's and I would have preferred I invested here, even though the investments are small! Nonetheless, if I purchase an S9 contact with Viabtc.com, is there anything I have to do?

Thank you!
Please read the FAQ on our website: https://pool.bitcoin.com/

If you purchased a contract with ViaBTC, there's nothing you have to do. You're already supporting on chain scaling.

kingscrown
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:18 am

i love pools who use BTC adress as worker instead of registration needed
Financial Underground KIngdom - Best Cryptocurrency Blog with Private Mailing List

GIVE ME A BEER 1HC58noBPD7fmyNZKP7qf7thjb6ZSVN7fK

bcbenn

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 am

On the "Blocks" page, I notice 4 recent blocks that appear to have been found in pairs (i.e. the latter block has the exact same timestamp as the previous block.) The second block in the pair shows exactly 100.0% difficulty for both instances. The two blocks found at 20 Mar 2017 07:19:26 have consecutive heights. The blocks found at 22 Mar 2017 00:22:27 (most recent blocks found as I write this,) have heights which are 21 blocks apart, which would be impossible unless mining was occurring on two separate block-chains simultaneously, or mining was occurring on one and PoW was being submitted to the second as well. Is this the case? I'm trying to wrap my head around what's going on. Can you please fully explain this anomaly? Also can you please re-clarify exactly how the mining structure of this pool differs from a "standard" pool?

zowki
Services
Services

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:03 am

On the "Blocks" page, I notice 4 recent blocks that appear to have been found in pairs (i.e. the latter block has the exact same timestamp as the previous block.) The second block in the pair shows exactly 100.0% difficulty for both instances. The two blocks found at 20 Mar 2017 07:19:26 have consecutive heights. The blocks found at 22 Mar 2017 00:22:27 (most recent blocks found as I write this,) have heights which are 21 blocks apart, which would be impossible unless mining was occurring on two separate block-chains simultaneously, or mining was occurring on one and PoW was being submitted to the second as well. Is this the case? I'm trying to wrap my head around what's going on. Can you please fully explain this anomaly? Also can you please re-clarify exactly how the mining structure of this pool differs from a "standard" pool?
We had issues with displaying the timestamp of those blocks. We fixed this so it shouldn't happen to future blocks.

The mining structure of our pool is the same as a standard pool.

cingsen

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:49 pm

I Cannot Withdraw. HElp

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:46 pm

I Cannot Withdraw. HElp
Please email pool@bitcoin.com with any relevant account information and they will be able to assist you.

Fremont

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:49 am

I just wanted to remind everyone that there is a reason we are growing so quickly.
It's because we pay more than other pools.

We will even be releasing some hard data comparing pools later this month.

Make sure to invite your friends to join us today:
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

zoomman

Donate BTC of your choice to 14n9UsuZZaaXc6ZJPigxZFkYPB2bbJSDMH

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:30 am

So it looks like you are only paying out 110% if the block reward is > 13.75BTC for PPLNS?? That should be stated somewhere on the fees page.

I just wanted to remind everyone that there is a reason we are growing so quickly.
It's because we pay more than other pools.

We will even be releasing some hard data comparing pools later this month.

Make sure to invite your friends to join us today:

zowki
Services
Services

Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:50 am

So it looks like you are only paying out 110% if the block reward is > 13.75BTC for PPLNS?? That should be stated somewhere on the fees page.
I updated our fees page to reflect this. Sorry for not making it clear before.

squadus
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1MJi9bRepfqo11pKhiL55mbf1SbHFQHgYy

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:43 am

Just connected my Antminer S7 to the Bitcoin.com mining pool.

Switched over from the AntPool because of the fees, so I'm stoked to see how this new mining pool goes.
[URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/bitcoin-documentary-list/]Best Bitcoin Documentaries[/URL]
Exchanges:
[URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/paxful-review/]PAXFUL[/URL] ○ [URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/cex-io-review/]CEX.IO[/URL] ○ [URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/coinbase-review/]COINBASE[/URL] ○ [URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/changelly-review/]CHANGELLY[/URL]

tychan.nepal
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:53 pm

it would be good investment.

squadus
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:41 am

What is the purpose of setting worker difficulty?
[URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/bitcoin-documentary-list/]Best Bitcoin Documentaries[/URL]
Exchanges:
[URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/paxful-review/]PAXFUL[/URL] ○ [URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/cex-io-review/]CEX.IO[/URL] ○ [URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/coinbase-review/]COINBASE[/URL] ○ [URL=https://www.smartbitcoininvestments.com/changelly-review/]CHANGELLY[/URL]

Solarboi

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:24 am

Sorry if this is a noob question, but why has the pplns luck rate dropped so significantly? usually the luck percentage is around 100 or better.

freeAgent

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:47 pm

I just registered for the pool and there seems to be some sort of bug with the login page. After resetting my password, the page no longer asks for my 2-factor authentication, but claims that my password is bad. I can reset my password again and login once using 2FA after the reset, but then the cycle repeats. Very annoying.

I take that back. Now, I cannot login even immediately after resetting my password. I just get the message "invalid code" even though no opportunity was offered for me to enter my 2FA information.

freeAgent

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 pm

I was eventually able to get logged in. I've removed 2FA now, since that seems to be the problem. The login page is not consistently prompting for my 2FA token. Until that's fixed, 2FA is unusable on the site :(

icon73
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Has anyone noticed the pool luck today? So far 9 blocks in less than 24 hours. Hooray!

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 pm

I was eventually able to get logged in. I've removed 2FA now, since that seems to be the problem. The login page is not consistently prompting for my 2FA token. Until that's fixed, 2FA is unusable on the site :(
I wonder if it's a caching issue. Have you tried to clear your cache or try another browser with 2FA turned off to see if it stops asking you for the token? When I login with 2FA it works great, no problems.

freeAgent

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 am

I wonder if it's a caching issue. Have you tried to clear your cache or try another browser with 2FA turned off to see if it stops asking you for the token? When I login with 2FA it works great, no problems.
It definitely wasn't caching related. I tried private mode and even different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Edge) and had the same problem with getting no token prompt and then getting rejected because my token (which I wasn't able to enter) was invalid. Either way, my password is strong enough that I'm not that concerned. I just like to have 2FA on when I can.

squadus
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue May 02, 2017 6:35 am

Overall, great interface, but my experience with the payouts has been lower than Antpool.
Exchanges:

icon73
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed May 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Overall, great interface, but my experience with the payouts has been lower than Antpool.
Might be because you were using PPLNS? If the pool is lucky, or unlucky it will cause variability in the payouts. I use PPS becaus eI get a very stable and predictable payout.

freeAgent

Fri May 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Is there any update as to when cloud mining will be offered? (referring to https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/85 ... 84/photo/1 )

Return to “Pool”