The Bitcoin.com Forum is closing on July 23rd 2020. Thank you for using forum.bitcoin.com.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/announces/the-bitcoin-com-forum-is-closing-on-july-23rd-2020-t130936.html
iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Complaints from Bitcoin Users

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Complaints from users, Day 120 (02/12/2016):

0 confirmation after 14 hours
"0 confirmations after 14 hrs. What can i do?" - 420goon
0 confirmations after 24 hours here :|
"Why is it taking so long? Will they timeout after 72hours and i get the coins back? What a shitty system." - mrnitrate
Exact same thing here. 19 hours and waiting.
"How worried should I be?" - Cudua9
Unconfirmed Transactions
"in Multibit HD" - DoubleIcaras
HELP!
"My transaction has remained unconfirmed for 19 hours. Originally sent using electrum wallet w/ a fee of 0.00011382 BTC for 225 bytes. https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/768 ... d1a95786c/" - SiempreFresco
Am I doing something wrong?
"Hi I just attempted to transfer some currency from my electrum wallet to another wallet, and many hours later it still has 0 confirmations. Should I just be patient? Here is the blockchain: https://blockchain.info/tx/c04e57564456 ... 71096c1431 Transaction ID: c04e57564456021d03977c2463bb6a0c9acbe0757b1d84f4f2c96c71096c1431" - asdlfkjsdaklfjasdklf
I sent a transaction yesterday with the "normal" fee (according to Mycelium). 12 hours,
"zero confirmations." - putin_vor
as I wait for a Tx to confirm with a traditionally above average miner fee, I had wanted to make a couple of more transactions that can't happen.
"Wonder how many individuals are in the same boat right now? Bitcoin is broken," - MeatsackMescalero

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:57 pm

is this a failed advertisement? LOL

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Complaints from users, Day 121 (03/12/2016):

Transaction Unconfirmed?
"With the Transaction Accelerator, users can submit their TXID for free which ViaBTC will prioritize to include in the next block.

A maximum of 100 TXs submitted can be accelerated every hour.

Link: https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

Buy mining power from ViaBTC: https://www.viabtc.com/contract/s9/

Send ViaBTC a donation: 16ENAMhrY9nwRH63isFKjQgTf1UD173jdq" - iFixBTCmemoryIssues

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 am

Complaints from users, Day 122 (06/12/2016):

PSA: Once again Transactions are Rising.
"Hey guys just a heads up transactions in the mempool are rising again. As of this writing there were 36,000+ transactions in the mempool and rising." - chalbersma

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Complaints from users, Day 123 (06/12/2016):

4 hours no confirms, .00014 fee
"Anything major happening that would affect the time of confirms? I had ordered a gift card and can't access it yet due to 0 confirmations." - Yodan
Bitcoin not confirming
"I know it is only 7 hrs but if anyone sees anything which may cause a delay in confirmation in the transaction id, please let me know! Thank you Transaction id eee541e29b4c7f3679cc7f20ec29fb4b2035e629e923be0ec35eafe75de79939" - shadyr1
I'm currently in the same boat as you.
"I ordered a gift card 3 hours ago, and I haven't had any confirmations yet." - WittyNameGuy
I am having a similar issue . . . My transaction was eight hours ago . . . Can someone who understands bitcoin please take a look at tell me what is wrong and hopefully how to fix it? Please and thank you in advance.
12 hours + for me
"and still counting." - TheGuvnor87
Having a similar issue
"with TX ID 89278b6e2213b53febc8a0f4c621eb74547680a4f6ed5762c0dc159183972e6d" - mdcw
My tx is still unconfirmed since yesterday 2016-12-05 17:35:38 :(
"just tried the viabtc tool so crossing fingers now." - ArpFlush

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Unconfirmed transactions at over 40k. The past 2 weeks have been the worst, consistent backlogs I've seen
"in Bitcoin history. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy9rTLIUQAAaGn9.jpg" - TommyEconomics

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Recently I ordered some food and paid with bitcoin through bitpay. The transaction was timed out because of the full blocks and the order was cancelled.
"After more than an hour, the transaction still went through.

Then I had to go through the pain of finding the right information in my bitcoinwallet and proving the transaction has been made by me which is a fucking nightmare.

I'm not really tech savvy but I have some interest in new technology which is why I'm here.

Now I'm imagining an average consumer who doesn't care about anything as long as their money is safe and they can make payments easily going through this process. They'll make the same decision I just make: fuck this shit, I'm out.

No matter the recent rise, bitcoin has no value to me anymore. The only reason it's worth this much money is because people hold in hope it will rise in value which is not really any value.

Thanks for the discussion I've been reading the past years, it's been fun. Good bye." - Gespierdepaling

Westernory
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:50 am

Recently I ordered some food and paid with bitcoin through bitpay. The transaction was timed out because of the full blocks and the order was cancelled.
"After more than an hour, the transaction still went through.

Then I had to go through the pain of finding the right information in my bitcoinwallet and proving the transaction has been made by me which is a fucking nightmare.

I'm not really tech savvy but I have some interest in new technology which is why I'm here.

Now I'm imagining an average consumer who doesn't care about anything as long as their money is safe and they can make payments easily going through this process. They'll make the same decision I just make: fuck this shit, I'm out.

No matter the recent rise, bitcoin has no value to me anymore. The only reason it's worth this much money is because people hold in hope it will rise in value which is not really any value.

Thanks for the discussion I've been reading the past years, it's been fun. Good bye." - Gespierdepaling
That is pretty shitty, isn't it? Bitcoin is supposed to be an instant global payment, but with the constant full blocks it is almost impossible to take advantage of bitcoin. You have to wait a whole day just for a transaction to confirm, just like traditional international bank transfers.

Something has to be done.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:20 pm

Complaints from users, Day 124 (07/12/2016):

Bitcoin transaction fees are insanely high!
"When do high transaction fees become high enough to change your trading patterns?" - HanumanTheHumane
Blocks are
"full." - flibbrMarketplace
On a related note: viabtc are absolutely saving trading for me at the moment.
"One of the exchanges (which I'll name & shame in time if they don't address the issue) are repeatedly sending me very large transactions (large in kB) with a fixed, tiny fee. These wouldn't confirm normally, but viabtc's transaction accelerator is saving them - each time I just need to wait for a viabtc block to come around for my first confirmation." - therealbricky

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:31 pm

Very very sad -- Circle has permanently disabled bitcoin buying and selling --
"another casualty of centrally planned small blocks" - Windowly
high fees and unpredictable confirmation times are an issue for anyone developing in the space.
"Go to any blockchain conference and speak to people. The high fees make it really tough to do anything (even if they seem low, they are not -- first, because businesses would aim to process many TXs (so the fees would quickly add up), and second because large TXs with lots of inputs can already be very expensive (tens of dollars each) and very difficult to avoid). It's hard enough for any crypto business to launch/grow (novel propositions that take time to explain/sell, regulatory uncertainty/scrutiny, difficulty in securing basic things like banking services, etc)." - n0mdep
absurd fee market and wild unpredictable fees and confirmation response. OR WE CAN RAISE THE BLOODY BLOCKSIZE
"FOR ONCE!!!!!" - Happy5488Paint
Circle is probably getting hammered on increased fees. They add up if you're doing thousands of transactions per day.
"how does Circle expand their bitcoin business? Sure, they may sign up new users here and there, but they can only do a fixed number of transactions per day, and that number can't grow with a pitifully sized perpetual 1MB block." - thcymos
Hand up who has stopped showing Bitcoin to friends and acquaintances because it would simply be embarrassing?
"Hey, here's this cool new tech. Here, let me show you. First install this app. Now I'll send you some money. Yeah, the fees are higher than Paypal. You'll just have to wait a few hours for it to confirm. If it hasn't gone through in three days, let me know and I'll send some more. It is sound money but some of it might cost more to spend than it's worth. Now let me explain to you how to keep it safe when it arrives...Yah, no." - Richy_T

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Complaints from users, Day 125 (08/12/2016):

My transaction this morning got processed fast, but it cost me $3.74 USD. I'm not sure I can persuade other people to become Bitcoin merchants when fees are this high.
"I don't like these large transaction fees. I know that most transactions are completed for under 20¢, but as a merchant who actually USES Bitcoin for something other than speculation, my transactions usually contain a lot of inputs.

I may be a statistical outlier, but how I use Bitcoin is NORMAL: People send me between $10 to $40 a few times a week, and then at the end of a few months I want to move that money somewhere else.

Thank goodness my sales average $25 each. Say I was selling digital downloads for $1 each, but earning the same volume. I believe that means I'd have to pay about $93 to move my $1,500 of earnings. (Someone check my math please.)

As a value proposition to merchants who might want to adopt bitcoin, "Move $1,500 for $93 (or $4 even)" doesn't sound appealing." - cantonbecker
this explains why very large companies like brokerages
"have stayed away from Bitcoin." - 1933ph
I was one of the first persons pointing out, that a btc fee market against a fixed blocksize is an exponential function. It will grow with demand, but finally collapse.
"This is basic economics." - gr8ful4
This. Exactly this. Boy was I surprised with the $3-4 fee when I tried to move my funds after receiving a bunch of $0.50 to $5 payments.
"There are already centralized solutions that allow merchants to accept payments for as low as 1%. If Bitcoin goes above that it loses another advantage." - instavcc
Any of the prominent Core developers will tell you that your $1 digital downloads have no place on the main chain. Then, they'll continue to tell you with a straight face that your $25 sales have no place there either, nor do your hypothetical $500 sales.
"Maybe, maybe start selling $350,000 houses with bitcoin and perhaps you'll meet one of Core's use cases." - ChairmanOfBitcoin

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Complaints from users, Day 126 (09/12/2016):

Bitcoin Community is Withering—It has Lost the Excellent Circle
"Though China has long been puzzled by its brain drain in the form of elite emigration, it is still out of expectation that the rising industry of Bitcoin is also losing its elite.

Circle, a then sought-after start-up that received funding of 60 million USD with China’s Baidu among its investors, has announced it will cut off its business with bitcoin system and shift to blockchain.

Last week a friend asked me why his account balances in his wallet of Bitkan were negative numbers and doubted there might be bugs. It turned out that it was because the transaction fees for transferring bitcoin are too high and the balances of users of small amount transaction can’t offset the transaction fees. Now wallet begin to subsidize these users to ensure a quick transaction confirmation for them.The transaction fee of bitcoin has been risen to 0.5 mbtc from 0.1 mbtc of June, the time when the bitcoin block became full.The even worse experience is that any dynamic fees recommended by any wallet now cannot guarantee a confirmation within 10 minutes while transactions before the block was full can all be confirmed within 10 minutes. This uncertainty is indeed awful.

Satoshi has predicted the need to scale the block and has given the scaling plan.

In 2013 when block was 300kb full, developer Gavin began to promote scaling. The senior developers including Gavin and Jeff expected that block could full after 3 years and began to lead Core team to promote hard-fork scaling. But Core team has squeezed out the visionary developers including Gavin and Jeff. Gavin was compelled to set up another team in an attempt to resume the influence of bitcoin.

In 2015, the Chinese miner-based entrepreneur team began to negotiate with Core and no results have gained in the near 2-year-long process.Core is so shameless that they use censorship to face the opinions from the community.Bitcoin has missed the best timing to scale and has operated at full capacity for half a year. Bitcoin has lost its far-reaching impact for half a year.Core team confine the block size to a small one, making bitcoin expensive, inconvenient and hard to attract new users." - Huang Shiliang

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:21 pm

So, we want BITCOIN nodes that can be run by people with limited resources, but want BITCOIN to be used for only for high value transactions. Am I the only one that sees a problem
"with this logic?" - increaseblocks
its all flawed.
"gold is a good example/analogy. gold went up in price and became a good store of value because it was used by everyone all over the world. because it was a good form of money. core (and many in rbitcoin) seem to think bitcoin can just skip this phase. they think its already gold. they believe users will just realize this and be attracted to it. they wont. its only going to gain value if its being used. and its only going to be used if it makes for a good money and currency (relative to the alternatives).

i dont think they understand that we are in a competitive space and that demand for bitcoin use is not completely inelastic. bitcoin can be much better, and many alts are (even traditional banking with Venmo is cheaper now!). people will move to these alternatives.

there will be a dominant crypto currency no doubt. right now bitcoin is not competitive. it may become the myspace of crypto. " - mufftrader
before Greg Maxwell unveiled Blockstream to the public, he and the usual suspects at Blockstream were on BCT bashing Counterparty to no end claiming "this will never scale on chain" and "Counterparty devs have a conflict of interest" and "you should use a sidechain for this". To us, it was clear then as it's clear now that Blockstream's sidechains compete against on-chain scaling,
"they're trying to do the same things Counterparty already does on-chain on their sidechains which are developed by their company Blockstream." - insette
Bang on, what an irony that the BS/Core Developers
"can't see this." - Adrian-X
They can see it....
"But their goals are to push every tx into the LN for their financial gains.... " - ethMonkey
Sidechains,
"actually." - ForkiusMaximus
limited resources as in 14.4k modem speed over a dial-up telephone line , which nobody in the west uses any longer. This limited resources is a load of blockstream baloney,
"nobody is restricted to 14.4k modem speeds any longer." - the-goat-herder

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Nearly all blocks are over 994kb, what is the plan?
"Is there any backup plan? We are at the limit and I am having odd problems like not having transactions confirmed paying 125% recommended fees in electrum. Are we reaching 95%~ maximum capacity?" - NomadStrategy

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:23 pm

Sean Parker on why Facebook won the social network race against Friendster and MySpace, despite not having the massive advantage of the network effect: "we were all screaming the sky is falling,
"and nobody was doing anything about it"" - sandakersmann
Get into BU or Classic, or make your own fork or work on Counterparty.
"There is plenty of innovation once Core gets cracked open." - ForkiusMaximus
they took over an already successful, working project with an already established infrastructure and recognizable brand name. you can make the argument that the decisions of the last 2 years has done nothing to influence price. I personally would make the argument that Core's decisions in the last two years
"has actually held back the price and popularity of bitcoin." - mufftrader
Whatever the day's trading price happens to be
"is a piss-poor metric of the health of the overall Bitcoin system." - BeijingBitcoins

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:27 pm

Why do people in /r/bitcoin keep saying Bitcoin Core has 100 developers working on it?
"I don't understand why people would spread lies which are so easily disproven. In the last month 30 people actually contributed to Core, which includes a lot of non code changes and where most people clearly didn't work on it full-time. While you are being led to believe those 100 are full time dev's." - seweso
Otherwise it would give the impression that a select small group of developers (with high Blockstream elements)
"sets the direction and agenda how Bitcoin evolves." - Egon_1
One of their many
"lies." - MeTheImaginaryWizard

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:25 am

Unconfirmed Transaction Confusion
"I had to wait 12 hours for a confirmation." - SharpMud
Same here.
"These fuckers are intentionally killing Bitcoin." - i_wolf

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:27 am

Gregory Maxwell (/u/nullc) of Block Stream threaten Unlimited
"for infringement of BitCoin trademark!" - dashninjas

Westernory
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:06 am

I have benefited greatly from IFixBTCmemoryissues's link of ViaBTC transaction accelerator.

I would recommend everyone else to try it out as well, it's completely free and whenever ViaBTC mines a block they will prioritize your transaction. Link here: https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

Thank you iFixBTCmemoryissues!!! <3

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Complaints from users, Day 127 (10/12/2016):

In the entire history of the world,
"nothing that wasn't first used as a medium of exchange has ever become a store of value." - MemoryDealers

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Complaints from users, Day 128 (12/12/2016):

Is anyone (else) trying to NOT use Bitcoin this christmas?
"I'm trying to minimize transactions so that the transaction space can be used by people who really need them in India, Venezuela, Russia, etc. I'm afraid of what this strategy is going to do to merchant adoption statistics though!" - thezerg1
I cut down my tx to 3.
"Per month." - r1q2
What's the point of holding Bitcoin (long term)
"if no one tries to develop a market for them / generate demand for their acceptance?" - bits-of-change

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:31 pm

What is up with these fees?
"Okay, maybe its been talked about lately and I didn't find it in a recent topic, but what is going on with recent fee's? I was going to donate to wikipedia today and I notice my mycelium recommended fee was 14 cents! For a $1.00 donation, it made no sense for me to do this." - amendment64

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Core to Bitcoin is like Iridium Satellite to Motorola

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:05 am

Ryan X. Charles on Twitter: Let's increase the maximum block size.
"1mb is not enough even if the blockchain is only used as a settlement layer" - increaseblocks
Can someone tell me why people are arguing against increasing it?
"Won't it solve all the backup of transactions?" - SillyLilBear
Won't happen.
"Blockstream needs to make money, you know." - waspoza
Blockstream has become an obvious enemy
"of Bitcoin's progress." - xbt_newbie

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:20 am

The goal is to have people use Bitcoin. This means bigger blocks.
"In short, you can stop worrying about decentralization being compromised by growth. It is more the opposite, now we know most home users can keep running Bitcoin even with significant growth it becomes obvious that when there are more users we'll have more people that can run nodes. And more nodes is good for decentralization." - ThomasZander
limiting bitcoin's network capacity puts it at a competitive disadvantage, in an already very competitive space.
"some governing body engaging in central planning and maintaining a 1mb blocksize limit, that is centralization." - mufftrader
My 8 years old desktop can easily handle
"big blocks." - r1q2
I am a Bitcoin conservative. I like to have few changes made, and only after good consideration. Blocksize is one, as the blocksize limit was always meant to be temporary.
"no data arrived that shows that Satoshi's original scaling with bigger data center full nodes cannot be implemented." - awemany
LN developers have not reached the point where they admit these are reasonable questions for people to ask. It is not clear whether this is because they don't have answers,
"or they are having problems that they don't want to talk about." - tl121
The clear trend we see is the larger the blocks, the greater the decentralization
"The on-chain method is what makes bitcoin bitcoin, and it has scaled without any harm so far. Now people claim it needs to be arbitrarily limited by this one magic number with no real data to back up this claim, just a bunch of hand waving and feelz." - Helvetian616
With Xthin and reasonable node hardware and internet connections, the network could support 100 MB blocks TODAY
"(but it will take years before there is demand for 100 MB blocks)." - Peter__R
I got into btc because of the whitepaper,
"not a few get-rich-quick people's opinions" - BitCapsule

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Complaints from users, Day 129 (13/12/2016):

John Blocke: Bitcoin Economics in One Lesson
Excellent demonstration of how central planning begets more central planning, more magic numbers, and more complexity. As the planner feels he is getting the situation more and more under control, he is actually making it more and more intractable.
"As Core feels like they are creating order through their magic numbers, they are really creating chaos. They imagine they've created a market when they've merely tampered with an existing one. They present themselves as the protectors of Bitcoin while attempting to "rein in" the miners, who are the ones designed to be - and most incentivized to be - Bitcoin's protectors.

They tell us miners will run amok if their power is left unchecked, while resisting with utmost vigor all attempts to check their own power. They wrap themselves in the banner of decentralization, yet in maligning all implementations that disagree with their offered consensus parameters, they imply themselves the central deciders. " - ForkiusMaximus
blockstream core's policies are a departure from what made bitcoin successful in the first place.
"Core is either incompetent or they are corrupt." - mufftrader
The message is loud and clear: the economics underpinning cryptocurrency are as important as the cryptography and software it uses.
"The miners are businesspeople who understand this intuitively which is why we hope to see more of them signalling bigger blocks soon." - solex1
Everything makes it look that Blockstream's Creator and Core have bad intentions
"instead of ignorance." - blockstreamcoin
"By dictating such policies and not allowing goods to be subject to the free-market-at-work, Core discourages new (mining) competitors and directly contributes to the centralization of mining!"
"This is such an interesting point!" - MemoryDealers
Some people think the best btc is one with where the blocks are always full
"that is of course not what we saw Satoshi describe." - BitCapsule
It's all over, Greg
"time to move on" - papabitcoin

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Core's software is restricting the amount of block space the miners are allowed to produce.
"This restricts the amount of money that can be made by producing bitcoin block space, so this reduces the number of people getting involved with bitcoin mining. If you have fewer people involved with bitcoin mining, then bitcoin mining will be more centralized than it otherwise would have been. Another great example of unintended consequences caused by economic central planing." - MemoryDealers

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:53 pm

My opinion is that Bitcoin is not doing well. I have to echo what Roger has said on the Bitcoin dream that I also had when I first met bitcoin: be your own bank- fast cross-border payment. Nowadays, it takes like hours for small transactions confirmation.
"If this happened when I first met bitcoin, I promise I would turn away I wouldn’t be sitting here as a bitcoiner." - Eric Gu
Economic Code of Bitcoin is undermined by Network Congestion
"I am the first person in the entire world to invest in bitcoin start-ups. I was attracted to bitcoin for underlying economic code of it. I have enough technical background to understand the technical side and I also understand the economic side of bitcoin. When I first got involved with bitcoin, transactions were almost free; confirmation was fast; double spending were basically impossible; Bitcoin just worked amazingly well. These are the economic code that has allowed bitcoin to grow from nobody using it to the millions of people in the world. Today, bitcoin is so slow that it takes hours or even days to confirm; it is incredibly expensive than it is used to be; the risk of double spending is so much higher. All the characteristics that have made bitcoin popular are being undermined by network congestion." - Roger Ver

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Samson (Mow): I think better wallet software and better fee estimation are where we can work on. I believe better fee estimation will help with the long confirmation time.
"This argument is logically incorrect and would have no change on confirmation times. Better fee estimation just means that one single transaction takes the place of another single transaction and the second one then becomes unconfirmed instead of the first.

In a situation where everyone estimates fees properly the current congestion due to full blocks will always exist because blocks are over their capacity limit." - Annapurna317

Return to “Off-Topic”