CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KA7KBJaRVLqZNJj4QJAJzs1yVEN5zG91

[ANN] Ardor, or Nxt 2.0, a Scalable Child Chain Platform

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 pm

The Nxt core dev team is letting anyone get into the blockchain space with a new child chain platform, Ardor, which will incorporate the technologies proven for years by the Nxt 1.0 cryptocurrency and blockchain. Soon, anyone will be able to create their own solutions using the blockchain technology with the Ardor child chains.

Nxt is undergoing a dramatic evolution. Research by the Nxt team has led to Ardor, a platform that uses child chains and incorporates all of Nxt's latest blockchain innovations while being backed by the core developers of Nxt. Ardor is more than just about money: It's about making a blockchain platform that is open to everyone, from single users all the way up to FinTech startups and governments, and one where anyone can create their own child chain and interact with the whole blockchain ecosystem. That means anyone, anywhere, will be able to utilize blockchain services with relative ease.

We can't give away too much until the final features of Ardor are tested repeatedly.

But, here are a few of the features coming with the new Ardor release:

1. Offering Blockchain as a Service - Ardor will open blockchain development to organizations and individuals across the world. The high barriers to getting started with blockchain are about to vanish.

2. Manageable Blockchain Size - Ardor will solve the problem of scalability by separating transactions and data that do not affect security from those that do, and moving all of those that don't affect security onto child chains. The Ardor team will create the first child chain to house many Nxt 1.0 tools as well as future features. This small size also comes with short transaction times so processes need only a fraction of time compared to Bitcoin to execute functions.

3. A Decentralized Asset Exchange - Building off of the Asset Exchange on Nxt, Ardor will enable the ability to trade assets on any child chain for any of the child chain tokens. This allows child chains to interact with each other and opens up numerous opportunities for collaboration as well as allow cross chain asset trading, a long-requested feature within the Nxt ecosystem.

4. Decentralized Voting and Governance Systems - Ardor will be at the core of decentralized consensus in the future. Secure and anonymous voting will be an available feature on all child chains as it is on the Nxt platform.

5. Phased Transactions - Users can set multiple conditions before a transaction is executed, such as a minimum number of votes and a set amount of time. Like Nxt, Ardor will use Smart Transactions. With this, users will only need to submit the parameters necessary for the transaction and the ID of the functionality they want to use. The transaction process is also completely decentralized. No centralized server, service, or application, like Ethereum’s Oracle, is needed.

“Rather than providing smart contracts, NXT is focused on implementing the important use cases and functions directly into the core of both Nxt and Ardor. This approach has proven to be scalable and secure and will become more so when Ardor is released” Riker

These are a few of the things Ardor will give you and the cryptocurrency community. As development continues and testing is finalized, you'll get a detailed analysis of each of the new tools, as well as the core features built into Ardor. We'll also reveal, step-by-step, a list of our partners and what they're doing with our technology.

This is all possible because of new developments within the Nxt community. Decision-making and planning is becoming more professionalized. The community and team structure are adjusting to the new demands while the Nxt and Ardor technology remains entirely open source. Ardor is more than a cryptocurrency - it's a blockchain platform specifically designed to let anyone build decentralized tools with the latest innovations in blockchain technology.

How to get Ardor

You'll be able to participate in Ardor right away. As Ardor continues testing and development, Nxt 1.9 will be released. With Nxt 1.9, you'll get your first chance to own a piece of Ardor. All those who hold an amount of NXT will also get a piece of Ardor. Snapshots will start be taken on an hourly basis, starting on July 14th to October 12th. Then, your total NXT will be averaged, and you'll receive that amount in Ardor tokens on October 12th, which will be freely tradeable up until the Ardor system launches.

At block 1,000,000 on October 12th, 2016, snapshotting will stop, and you'll be allowed to trade your Ardor tokens in NXT 1.9 in preparation for the launch of the Ardor blockchain.

After Ardor has launched, Nxt 1.0 will remain active and supported. Nxt 1.0 is the giant on which Ardor is built and it will remain running as a core component of the Nxt eco-system, functioning as a complete blockchain solution in its own right, as well as assisting in the development and refinement of the Ardor blockchain platform.

There'll be a lot more news in the weeks and months to come. Ardor aims to be a powerful platform for users and businesses alike by building on the technology pioneered by Bitcoin and Nxt. If you would like to be a part of it, acquire NXT now and get your stake in Ardor!

About

Ardor is brought to you by the core development team from Nxt. After years of building and testing the Nxt platform, the team is going to involve the public even more. As the first Blockchain 2.0 platform, the community has continually improved Nxt and now looks forward to release Ardor for companies, organizations, and of course, users.

Source: https://nxtforum.org/core-development-a ... -platform/
Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!
Don't miss the free Byteball airdrop! byteball.org

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: [ANN] Ardor, or Nxt 2.0, a Scalable Child Chain Platform

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:04 am

Those who have been following Nxt 1.0 know that the launch of Nxt 2.0 (Ardor) will be a big and important step forwards, not just for Nxt but for blockchain technology in general. With the amazing and broad set of truly disruptive, stable features already running on the Nxt 1.0 blockchain, the next leap forward will be the solving of the blockchain bloat problem inherent to all existing blockchains.
http://nxter.org/the-nxt-2-0-token-distribution/
Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Those who have been following Nxt 1.0 know that the launch of Nxt 2.0 (Ardor) will be a big and important step forwards, not just for Nxt but for blockchain technology in general. With the amazing and broad set of truly disruptive, stable features already running on the Nxt 1.0 blockchain, the next leap forward will be the solving of the blockchain bloat problem inherent to all existing blockchains.
Very interesting, I am going to read into Nxt over the next week.

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Take your time, mate! The snapshotting will start on july-14, so plenty of time left to think about whether you should buy into NXT or not. :D

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Take your time, mate! The snapshotting will start on july-14, so plenty of time left to think about whether you should buy into NXT or not. :D
Excellent, thank you!!!!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:08 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:22 am

Nxt 2.0 Ardor in Forbes
DIY Blockchain? NXT Announces Customizable Ardor Platform

The core development team behind advanced blockchain platform Nxt that builds on and extends the basic functionality of the first wave of pioneering crypto-currencies has announced “broadening access” to the blockchain space with a new ‘child-chain’ platform, Ardor. It will enable users to create their own blockchain technology with Ardor child chains based on technologies built on the Nxt 1.0 crypto currency and the blockchain.
Read more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken ... a596d1349b

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:52 am

Nxt 2.0 Ardor in Cointelegraph
Ardor - New Competitor to Ethereum Arises Amidst Reports of The DAO Attack

Ardor, a “child chain” platform developed by the Nxt core dev team, is announced. The news comes amidst reports of The DAO hack. The event, which led to up 3 million Ether being lost to attackers, has had a very negative impact on Ethereum - the most popular Blockchain-as-a-Service platform so far.
Read more: https://cointelegraph.com/news/ardor-ne ... dao-attack

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:50 am

Special Ardor celebration discount!
Nxt Vanity Account Names at half the price for one week:
https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=11 ... #msg219828
:D :D :D

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:08 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:10 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:11 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:12 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:15 am

Last edited by CryptKeeper on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:52 pm

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:08 am

5 Million NXT bounty for Nxt & Ardor Forgers

Read more: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion ... r-forgers/

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:06 am

Altcoins/Cryptocurrency: The next NXT: Ardor

It seems like NXT, the original crypto 2.0 platform created in 2013 by an anonymous team of dedicated developers, is taking a stab at sidechains and smart contracts as well. After a major evolution on the Nxt platform and core software, the research led by the dev team has presented them with a new child block chain platform solution for practical use case that will be known as Ardor.
Read more: https://coincheck.jp/en/blog/1537

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:12 am

2 July 16:00 CEST

Ardor Investor Q&A with Bas Wisselink on Cryptocurrency Market with Tai Zen

https://youtu.be/WfNSWu7_AqU

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:07 pm

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:05 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:36 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:08 am

New Ardor Platform by Nxt, Scalable Blockchain, Smart Contracts

Open source cryptocurrency and payment network Nxt has announced its Ardor platform which it states will provide a scalable blockchain as well as smart contracts. Building on Nxt’s technology, developers designed Ardor to function beyond financial exchanges, with the platform will be open to everyone, including individual users, fintech start-ups, banks and governments.
Read more: http://allcoinsnews.com/2016/07/04/new- ... contracts/

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:11 am

Poloniex, BTC38, and Bittrex agree to distribute Ardor tokens to customers
[...]
The Nxt Foundation, a non-profit organisation that provides education and information about the Nxt Blockchain Platform, has now announced that three major exchanges for NXT have agreed to distribute Ardor tokens to customers. Poloniex, BTC38, and Bittrex will all run internal snapshots of their customer NXT balances synchronized with the main blockchain. The Ardor tokens will then be distributed to their rightful owners at a ratio of 1 Ardor token for 1 NXT.
Read more: http://www.econotimes.com/Poloniex-BTC3 ... ers-232665

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:52 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:53 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:07 am

Nxt Core Development Team launches full suite of Smart Transactions

After 4 years of Nxt development, the Nxt Core Development Team is launching its full suite of templated Smart Transactions, commercially tested and ready for widespread business use. It eliminates Smart Contract insecurity, and cuts coding costs.
Read more: http://www.econotimes.com/Nxt-Foundatio ... ons-234420

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:22 am

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:31 am

Return to “NXT”