LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Re: Monero Price Speculation Thread

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:52 pm

COINBASE IS LOOKING INTO IMPLEMENTING OTHER COINS: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5 ... an/d7pw2go

Please vote for XMR at the link above!

-Blazin8888
I just added my name to the list of people who would like to see XMR, Zcash, and Zcoin.
i guess there will only be Zcash (which is based on zcoin and better) because i dont know of any Zcoin project.
More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:08 pm

COINBASE IS LOOKING INTO IMPLEMENTING OTHER COINS: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5 ... an/d7pw2go

Please vote for XMR at the link above!

-Blazin8888
I just added my name to the list of people who would like to see XMR, Zcash, and Zcoin.
i guess there will only be Zcash (which is based on zcoin and better) because i dont know of any Zcoin project.
This article is about Zcoin, formerly known as Moneta, and different than the super popular Zcash.
https://news.bitcoin.com/zero-knowledge ... hing-soon/

The comments at the end of the article are especially informative.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Blazin8888
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Zcoin actually has some advantages over Zcash...zcoin is a fork of zcash, except no zk-snark, no trusted setup and no slow start. except using the RSA factoring challenge as the initial parameters. The reason that Zerocash has all these vulnerabilities Is because it is using ZK-snarks, and cryptography and mathematics that only a handful of people in the world have research, but Zerocoin protocol is actually based on very well-studied and peer-reviewed cryptographic and mathematical constructs. But the way they achieve this Zero-Knowledge property is completely different.
Everything else is the exact same both contain potential flaws, but they are completely different flaws unrelated to each other for the most part. I like XMR more right now for the record. At least I feel like my money is safer in XMR. I feel like it was true grassroots and a very fair opportunity for everyone. XMR also started in a similar way as to how Bitcoin started...so I do like that part of it as well.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:38 am

Looks like XMR has gained a little ground back today, great to see, let's hope it keeps going :)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Last edited by lethos3 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:51 pm

More exchanges! https://coincheck.com/blog/2303

I wonder if rogerver had anything to do with this one
I didn't have anything directly to do with this, but the Coincheck guys are good guys.
I pay with bitcoin at restaurants in Tokyo using their platform all the time.
topic7039.html

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:17 pm

I didn't have anything directly to do with this, but the Coincheck guys are good guys.
I just responded in another thread about Bitwage and how there is a market for such a solution.

Quite cool to see a person take their salary via Bitcoin, and then use it to make purchases at a restaurant. This type of talk is a game changer :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:29 pm

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:55 am

Add them alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:55 am

I just responded in another thread about Bitwage and how there is a market for such a solution.

Quite cool to see a person take their salary via Bitcoin, and then use it to make purchases at a restaurant. This type of talk is a game changer :)
I have been doing this for over a year now myself, food just tastes better when you pay in bitcoins :)
Just about all of these payments are being made via a bitcoin debit card so not exactly how we would like to see it working but a step in the right direction.

Anyway back on topic, what's going on with Monero, looks to be on a little downwards movement of late, volume is also down quite a bit.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Dafar

Donate BTC of your choice to 1ERqXXePLr156VrtndFMbCi6k2CYewstyb

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:41 pm

I have been doing this for over a year now myself, food just tastes better when you pay in bitcoins :)
Just about all of these payments are being made via a bitcoin debit card so not exactly how we would like to see it working but a step in the right direction.

Anyway back on topic, what's going on with Monero, looks to be on a little downwards movement of late, volume is also down quite a bit.

Maybe the pump and dump is over... and now we wait until next year for the next pump? Maybe whales like Mr. Ver sold all their XMR and went in on Z-cash?

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Maybe the pump and dump is over... and now we wait until next year for the next pump? Maybe whales like Mr. Ver sold all their XMR and went in on Z-cash?
People like myself and Mr. Ver invest in a variety of crypto-currencies. I personally buy a small to medium amount of each new crypto-currency to hold, though I do at times sell up to 50% of the position (or more), depending on market conditions.

If you are an investor, a great tip that has made me fortunes is to buy a small amount of each crypto-currency. This is common trading advice, especially in small-cap stocks. Most will not produce the returns you are seeking, however - the 1 in 10 or 20, will be prosperous.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Very cool!!!!!!!

You have Bitcoin running through your blood, that's the conclusion I have come to ;)

As for Monero, investors in for the quick flip, flipping. I did the same with ETH several months ago and made a fair profit @ 14. I still have around 50% of the purchase left as well :)

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:58 am

I didn't sell any of my Monero, and I don't think Zcash is even available for purchase yet, although Zcoin just launched two days ago.
topic7039.html

blackcoffee
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1GLUC2MaLPNFSEgTeW7LxpxYY52jJLGomv

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:38 am

I didn't sell any of my Monero, and I don't think Zcash is even available for purchase yet, although Zcoin just launched two days ago.
I saw all the people go and sell in big bags they made monero prices plummeted, I think correctly zcash be so popular after that :)

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:50 pm

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:30 am

I'll be continuing to Hodl.
I actually think all this press attention due to the price crash is a good thing for Monero.
More new people will hear about Monero for the first time because of it.
topic7039.html

rendravolt
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13T2aPdsiVtupF4XKScDhJ6RKrwyqNAVoT

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:29 am

Monero will be like PPC and NMC in the future, maybe it is XMR will hold steady at that price or later will even be expensive or even go down first as PPC or NMC.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:03 pm

I'll be continuing to Hodl.
I actually think all this press attention due to the price crash is a good thing for Monero.
More new people will hear about Monero for the first time because of it.
It has a lot of unique advantages and is backed by well respected people.

Dafar

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:19 pm

I was just kidding :)

Anyway.... XMR price is at 0.011, I think this is a good buy for Hodl but I am waiting just in case it dips below 0.01.... my target is between 0.008 - 0.01

However at the moment it seems like the buying euphoria is over, and we may see a drawn out bear market until true despair is in. Many people are waiting for the price to dip below 0.01 or afraid of a potential BTC spike. Long term this is a great coin and I'm pretty sure we'll see it reach ATH again. Mr Ver mentioned that the market cap should at least be higher than LTC's based on utility and I agree.

I like this guy's chart:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRBT ... ilet-time/

Short XMR until bottoming signs are in. Will probably be a W-bottom with high volume or a V bottom with a smaller slow dump after - Similar to previous bottoms. Once this happens I will enter long term XMR long position. After reading the whitepaper this coin is superior to BTC in many aspects - exp emission curve, 1% inflation, mining decentralization, cryptonight CPU hash, auto-anonymity, block time, block diff target, block size incentives, ring keys. However 0 payment processors, no infrastructure and limited utility only in darknetmarkets thus far. Just like BTC in 2010

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Dafar

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:12 pm

I like this guy's chart:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRBT ... ilet-time/

Short XMR until bottoming signs are in. Will probably be a W-bottom with high volume or a V bottom with a smaller slow dump after - Similar to previous bottoms. Once this happens I will enter long term XMR long position. After reading the whitepaper this coin is superior to BTC in many aspects - exp emission curve, 1% inflation, mining decentralization, cryptonight CPU hash, auto-anonymity, block time, block diff target, block size incentives, ring keys. However 0 payment processors, no infrastructure and limited utility only in darknetmarkets thus far. Just like BTC in 2010
it was bound to happen even a non-trader like me could see it.

Monero is under heavy FUD right now, not different from what Bitcoin suffered in the past (hello /r/buttcoin), more info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comment ... f_fud_and/

this was combined with heavy shorts, it was most certainly made on purpose to create panic so if you believe in Monero I suggest hodl.

I'm not sure if you were referring to me or the chart I posted as FUD... neither of which are, I said this is a good long term hold and so did the dude who made that chart.

According to the chart you posted (below) we should be at a reversal right now with a continued growth upwards and I just don't see that happening now for the reasons I stated above

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Last edited by lethos3 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:34 pm

Last edited by lethos3 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cryptoPrecise

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:36 pm

The strategic move for Monero is to have the GUI Beta out before zcash launch and I think it's going to happen.
Since GUI is something everyone has been waiting for since inception, imo, its effect will be gigantic.
@cryptoPrecise

miffman
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19GFXUea9mFGeTiWpGaQWFiazuH3koCnsZ

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:55 pm

The strategic move for Monero is to have the GUI Beta out before zcash launch and I think it's going to happen.
Since GUI is something everyone has been waiting for since inception, imo, its effect will be gigantic.
I don't know if it will be gigantic, but it will be a great help for sure. A user-friendly GUI will go a long way.

cryptoPrecise

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:35 am

I don't know if it will be gigantic, but it will be a great help for sure. A user-friendly GUI will go a long way.
The important thing about the GUI is that it opens Monero to average users, so we can say that Monero's early adopter phase is about to be over.
@cryptoPrecise

cryptoPrecise

Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Monero is superior to Zcash as its technology is well peer reviewed, it needs no trusted setup and it has first mover advantage. Having the GUI out before Zcash launch will enable it to occupy a significantly larger market segment.
https://twitter.com/cryptoPrecise/statu ... 7916562440
https://twitter.com/cryptoPrecise/statu ... 2562959360
@cryptoPrecise

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:45 pm

Monero is superior to Zcash as its technology is well peer reviewed, it needs no trusted setup and it has first mover advantage. Having the GUI out before Zcash launch will enable it to occupy a significantly larger market segment.
Interesting claims, but I am very doubtful that Monero will have a GUI wallet out before Zcash.
topic7039.html

Return to “Monero”