Bmrm145

Setting up cgminer help

Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 am

I have a bfl 60gh usb asic ( this is for educational porpuses so I'm aware about the value also it runs on a solar bank so no real cost to me) anyway it shows on the windows device as bitforce sha256. Cgminer is suposed to see it automatically but says unable to connect to usb device and closes. The exact line says
Usb init, open device failed, are -12, you need to install driver for - bel device 6:1
Bitforce detect (6:1) failed to initialize ( incorrect device)
If I run the gpu version it works fine with my rx 480. Acording to the readme it says to activate the bfl using. --enable-bflsc
I dont know where to put this. Id be happy to share any info needed I used zadig to install the driver... It wouldnt let me select the type though

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Setting up cgminer help

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:28 pm

I have a bfl 60gh usb asic ( this is for educational porpuses so I'm aware about the value also it runs on a solar bank so no real cost to me) anyway it shows on the windows device as bitforce sha256. Cgminer is suposed to see it automatically but says unable to connect to usb device and closes. The exact line says
Usb init, open device failed, are -12, you need to install driver for - bel device 6:1
Bitforce detect (6:1) failed to initialize ( incorrect device)
If I run the gpu version it works fine with my rx 480. Acording to the readme it says to activate the bfl using. --enable-bflsc
I dont know where to put this. Id be happy to share any info needed I used zadig to install the driver... It wouldnt let me select the type though
Hi,

Not exactly sure.

However, a note regarding cgminer: Is version 4.11.1 the most recent? (August 2018). Please see: github.com/ckolivas/cgminer ( or: ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/ )

foggon5

Re: Setting up cgminer help

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:07 pm

i have the ttbit usb miner when you run zadig go to options and select show/list all devices then on the main menu click the dropdown menu and select your device. Then click on driver reinstall or drive install button.

Also check your config/bat file it needs to have this text in it i believe for all usb miners --gekko-2pac-freq 100 the freq can be changed to over clock it.

hope it helps.

Return to “Mining support”