taysby

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DepX498N5DWF46n6MCWudVt7G8fxi1vwF

Help me get started?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 am

I figured I'd give mining a shot since i already had a 1080 for gaming, so I downloaded awesome miner and did some research to get it set up. Currently i'm theoretically making $5 a day after electricity costs if the program is correct. On the coin page it lists a couple coins I could mine such as Universal that'd put me around $20 a day, but I can't figure out how to manually switch to them. I think it involves using zpool but I was completely lost on how to set that up. Anyone feel like helping me and giving me some pointers?

CryptoBlackHat
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KgArSAMeFSgiVppCr4yCdqkNVaCieRAUX

Re: Help me get started?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 am

Usually if two coins are using the same algorithm it's easy to switch. For the current coin you're mining, you probably had to:
1. Sign up for a mining pool
2. Copy their hostname, port, username, and password into your mining software
3. Start running the software and processing work from the mining pool

It's the same if you want to switch to a new coin. Sign up for zpool (or whatever your choice of pool is) and they should have a dedicated hostname/port combination for mining each coin. Then simply put in your username (often including a worker ID) and password, and you're all set to go.

If you have to switch algorithms it may be more complicated, as you might not be able to use the same mining software. If you tell us the specific coins you're looking at we might be able to help give a better answer regarding that.

taysby

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DepX498N5DWF46n6MCWudVt7G8fxi1vwF

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:22 am

currently i've been using mining pool hub, which asked for my worker name. The other options that include zpool are requesting the appropriate bitcoin address, which i'm not quite sure how to get from zpool. Awesome Miner is supposed to handle algorithm switches automatically. So far its hopped between etherium and like 5 other coins with names i didn't recognize, a couple of which used a different algorithm. The specific coins I was wanting to make sure i could mine since it's giving me significantly higher estimated returns are Universal, Bitcoin Cash, eMark, Bitcoin, DGB-SHA and Peercoin at the moment, which mining pool hub doesn't have

HarikrishnanKr

i am new to mining but i need help to solve this error

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:47 am

i have set up hardward and and installed claymore to mine eth but getting an eroor "DISPLAY DRIVE STOP RESPONDING AND RECOVER :( "
PLZ SOME ONE HELP

CoinIntel

Mon May 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello guys, Id also like to get into Mining so ive a question.
what would be more profitable, GPU mining or buy a few of the Miners like the antminers etcc.
Also what would be the best country to start it in?

Thankyou
Dan

conifer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 3KeFL8inaD1kdZ1LmNMvNM3VXBxJ7mbz9z

Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 am

Hello guys, Id also like to get into Mining so ive a question.
what would be more profitable, GPU mining or buy a few of the Miners like the antminers etcc.
Also what would be the best country to start it in?

Thankyou
Dan
It depends on which coins you wish to mine. GPU mining are for not suitable for mining bitcoin and bitcoin cash and litecoin, only suitable for ASIC resistant coins. Now a days it is very difficult for individual miners to compete with large mining farm. Since electricity is the main operating cost of mining therefore you need to find a location with low tariff in order to be profitable targeting $0.05 per kWh or less.

You might want to consider cloud mining where you don't need to purchase any hardware. Bitcoin.com currently runs the highest paying mining pool, you can check out our current plans and a more info on the pool here: https://pool.bitcoin.com/index_en.html. If you pre-order a lifetime plan now you will be paying the cheapest rate Bitcoin.com has ever offered.

Return to “Mining support”