CCfanatic

Donate BTC of your choice to 33CWNSsKXnaeVoAG6NzLkrtoZDULLbRcS2

Adding an additional GPU to my PC

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:56 am

I am relatively new to mining (about 2 months) and have been using my CPU (i7) and GPU (EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb) on nicehash to earn bitcoin. Everything has been going great thus far but I am looking to become more involved. I recently found a good deal on an EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders edition and want to purchase it but I am unsure if I can mine using both GPUs at the same time?

I have a 750w PSU, my motherboard has an expansion port, and I know that I would need a riser. I am just curious if it is possible to mine using 2 different cards and if it is, what other steps do I need to take beyond simply plugging in the card?

Thanks in advance, and any help is appreciated.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Adding an additional GPU to my PC

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:49 am

I am relatively new to mining (about 2 months) and have been using my CPU (i7) and GPU (EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb) on nicehash to earn bitcoin. Everything has been going great thus far but I am looking to become more involved. I recently found a good deal on an EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders edition and want to purchase it but I am unsure if I can mine using both GPUs at the same time?

I have a 750w PSU, my motherboard has an expansion port, and I know that I would need a riser. I am just curious if it is possible to mine using 2 different cards and if it is, what other steps do I need to take beyond simply plugging in the card?

Thanks in advance, and any help is appreciated.
Just interested to know much are you currently earning daily mining BTC with the equipment you have?

CPU/GPU mining is not really profitable anymore, if you add up the extra electricity costs and the additional load on your processing chips i don't think it would make it worthwhile, to compete you really need specific ASICs bitcoin miners these days.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

CCfanatic

Donate BTC of your choice to 33CWNSsKXnaeVoAG6NzLkrtoZDULLbRcS2

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Using the nicehash profitability calculator ( https://www.nicehash.com/profitability- ... rrency=USD ) my profits are 0.00013435 BTC ($0.97) /day, 0.00111625 BTC (8.04) / week, and 0.00493316 BTC ($35.53) a month. While these numbers are not exact and the price of BTC flucuates, I have found them to very close and I usually receive around 17,500 satoshis a day. These are not massive profits by any means but I do believe in cryptos and plan to hold long-term. I am not looking to become a millionaire but i believe that $50,000 per BTC is highly likely so I would like to own some and maybe make a little bit of money almost completely passively. Thanks for writing and if you have any insight on my issue it would greatly appreciated.

slink

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:53 pm

In this case you should be 100% sure that your motherboard is powerful enough to operate such configuration. Just read this article https://thewiredshopper.com/guide-choosing-motherboard/ before doing any manipulations!

Return to “Mining support”